• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

We are doing the AOS process, I am a graduate student and working as a teaching assistant at the university under F1. My husband is also with me under F2, in the visa interview letter it mentioned bringing an I-864 affidavit of support document. We are a little bit confused about it, can you please give us some suggestions, We have attached some parts of the letter herewith. Thank you

Attachments

• 20220613_192537.jpg
    20220613_192537.jpg
    934.4 KB · Views: 42
We are doing the AOS process, I am a graduate student and working as a teaching assistant at the university under F1. My husband is also with me under F2, in the visa interview letter it mentioned bringing an I-864 affidavit of support document. We are a little bit confused about it, can you please give us some suggestions, We have attached some parts of the letter herewith. Thank you
This is a generic interview request letter from your FO that applicable to broad range of interviews. You don't need to take I-864 as it's not applicable to DV AOS, but make sure to take all the other required documents with you.

A generic IL, as already stated above. I-864 is not applicable to DV cases. You however should plan on attending your interview prepared to demonstrate an I-864 is not applicable to DV based AOS application just in case the IO asks for it - see the FAQ section of the AOS process spreadsheet for how to demonstrate this.

You also should be prepared to demonstrate you’re not likely to become a public charge even if an I-864 is not required.

This is a generic interview request letter from your FO that applicable to broad range of interviews. You don't need to take I-864 as it's not applicable to DV AOS, but make sure to take all the other required documents with you.
Thank you very much

A generic IL, as already stated above. I-864 is not applicable to DV cases. You however should plan on attending your interview prepared to demonstrate an I-864 is not applicable to DV based AOS application just in case the IO asks for it - see the FAQ section of the AOS process spreadsheet for how to demonstrate this.

You also should be prepared to demonstrate you’re not likely to become a public charge even if an I-864 is not required.
Thank you very much

What you’ve quoted does not address the question of not disclosing the citation though, it just means documentation is not required as stated. It does not mean one should answer NO to the question that asks have you ever been cited, etc.
Yeah, but now they are having seconds thoughts about the question they “accidentally” answered “no” too.

Hello mom, on my I-485, I accidentally put "no" on the citation's question where I had a citation for speeding( going over 0-10 mph) back in 2021.
what would be the consequnces, I am worried !!
FYI ( already sent the package ).
that's exactly why during the interview FO will repeat all the questions from the form - that's your last chance to correct any mistakes and disclose anything that you believe is relevant but was omitted. so, don't worry.

Question: I see there is a separate tab for "special" cases, but most of those are either due to early filing or some special statuses (asylum/FTJ/etc.). Were there any precedents where "regular" cases were denied? Just want to understand stats and causes.
Thank you.

Yeah, but now they are having seconds thoughts about the question they “accidentally” answered “no” too.
It’s not that unusual for people to answer no to something that’s totally minor and so doesn’t register as an issue to them, and realize later it should have been a yes and change it. It’s not an issue. The poster can update at interview, as already stated,.

Question: I see there is a separate tab for "special" cases, but most of those are either due to early filing or some special statuses (asylum/FTJ/etc.). Were there any precedents where "regular" cases were denied? Just want to understand stats and causes.
Thank you.
Any “regular” case that got denied would have been captured as a “special” case on the DV Tracker-Unique Situations spreadsheet - that is the intent of capturing and tracking those separately - tracking denied cases.

Thank you.
Unless I’m misunderstanding your question: “regular” cases would be denied for “regular” reasons (found ineligible for DV, unable to meet public charge requirement, violated status so ineligible to adjust, etc.)

Unless I’m misunderstanding your question: “regular” cases would be denied for “regular” reasons (found ineligible for DV, unable to meet public charge requirement, violated status so ineligible to adjust, etc.)
yes, exactly that - I want to understand how often those denials happen in general, what are the most common "regular" reasons for denials, and if/how people were able to rectify corresponding issues. my assumption is that while there are not so many AOS'ers in general, they're already in the US, meaning that they must have figured out the rules and got clearance for entry. so there could be a few scenarios that are very specific and only apply to DV AOS. TAL, FTJ, asylum don't apply to me, so I just want to check if there are any other potential pitfalls that I can address/prep for while waiting for my interview.

Just wanted to share my experience. Went to my interview that was scheduled earlier this morning; after waiting for an hour, the supervisor told me that the officers who are responsible for DV cases are out of office. The supervisor then took my interview notice and told me the next appointment available is two weeks later. I was told to go back and wait again for the interview notice. Accidents like this happen, be patient.

Just wanted to share my experience. Went to my interview that was scheduled earlier this morning; after waiting for an hour, the supervisor told me that the officers who are responsible for DV cases are out of office. The supervisor then took my interview notice and told me the next appointment available is two weeks later. I was told to go back and wait again for the interview notice. Accidents like this happen, be patient.
Aww men! That sucks. Sorry to learn you were not able to complete your interview today as scheduled. I like your positive outlook on it though :)

yes, exactly that - I want to understand how often those denials happen in general, what are the most common "regular" reasons for denials, and if/how people were able to rectify corresponding issues. my assumption is that while there are not so many AOS'ers in general, they're already in the US, meaning that they must have figured out the rules and got clearance for entry. so there could be a few scenarios that are very specific and only apply to DV AOS. TAL, FTJ, asylum don't apply to me, so I just want to check if there are any other potential pitfalls that I can address/prep for while waiting for my interview.
Well, you should know if you don’t meet one of the eligibility requirements or if you’ve ever violated your status? Eligibility requirements are specific to DV but there are also general bars to adjustment like status violations . I don’t see how knowing how often they happen is useful, it’s the facts of your own case that matter. (If no one else violates status but you have, low refusal rates mean nothing for you, or vice versa.)

Hoping all goes smoothly in a couple of weeks!