• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

@Sm1smom Hi, i applied for AOS in OCT haven't heard back yet, i contacted senator on April 25th and they contacted USCIS on April 29 and again on may 31 and nothing back. They said they may contact their supervisor. I was wondering if there is anything else i could do on my behalf?

In general, no there isn’t. A tier two agent may be able to provide the information when you call the USCIS 1800 number, however those folks are getting more and more difficult to reach. As such using a scarce resource when opportune to get one for the purpose of knowing if one’s background check has cleared or not whilst still waiting for the interview will be a waste of opportunity IMO.
Thank you, mom. The reason I was wondering about that was the following.
My FO is Albany, NY.
I was looking at the AOS timelines from many previous years and found out the only person who did DV-based AOS at Albany FO was @txoutback in 2020. And he had to do multiple congressman inquiries and Ombudsman inquiries to even get the bio, interview, KCC file transfer, and eventually approval. For him, everything happened at the last minute as the FO was not scheduling the interview until the bio was completed and they had not requested the KCC file until after the interview to make the approval.
Thus, I can see that Albany is not the sharpest when it comes to DV cases. So, I am hoping for the best but prepping myself for the worst-case if it comes to that.
1.)Looking at my timeline in the signature, Am I still within the normal processing time?
2.) I suppose my first attempt should be to contact a tier 2 agent. How can I do that? like is there a specific phrase that you need to say to the bot to get to one?
3.) When Should I initiate a congressional inquiry, and what should be my request? Is it like getting information about the interview or getting an appointment?
4.) When should I contact KCC to verify that FO has requested the file transfer? I suppose FO will not request it at least until scheduling the interview.

Thank you very much!

@Sm1smom Hi, i applied for AOS in OCT haven't heard back yet, i contacted senator on April 25th and they contacted USCIS on April 29 and again on may 31 and nothing back. They said they may contact their supervisor. I was wondering if there is anything else i could do on my behalf?
At this point, you can try initiate an Ombudsman Case Assistance. You can also attempt a FO walk-in inquiry, there’s no guarantee you’ll be allowed into the FO without an appointment. But it sometimes possible to get the security guards to allow one in without an appointment after explaining the dire situation one is facing. There’s also no guarantee with the ombudsman case assistance, but worth giving it a shot.

Thank you, mom. The reason I was wondering about that was the following.
My FO is Albany, NY.
I was looking at the AOS timelines from many previous years and found out the only person who did DV-based AOS at Albany FO was @txoutback in 2020. And he had to do multiple congressman inquiries and Ombudsman inquiries to even get the bio, interview, KCC file transfer, and eventually approval. For him, everything happened at the last minute as the FO was not scheduling the interview until the bio was completed and they had not requested the KCC file until after the interview to make the approval.
Thus, I can see that Albany is not the sharpest when it comes to DV cases. So, I am hoping for the best but prepping myself for the worst-case if it comes to that.
1.)Looking at my timeline in the signature, Am I still within the normal processing time?
2.) I suppose my first attempt should be to contact a tier 2 agent. How can I do that? like is there a specific phrase that you need to say to the bot to get to one?
3.) When Should I initiate a congressional inquiry, and what should be my request? Is it like getting information about the interview or getting an appointment?
4.) When should I contact KCC to verify that FO has requested the file transfer? I suppose FO will not request it at least until scheduling the interview.

Thank you very much!
You’ve already done your bio though, so it doesn’t seem to me like your case is comparable to @txoutback’s, at least for now. And looking at their timeline, shown below, I do not see anything to give me the impression you have as to the Albany FO not being the sharpest when it comes to DV cases - the referenced member’s AOS package was accepted towards the end of June, it’s not like the case had been pending for so long:

6/22 Accepted at Chicago lockbox
7/7 NOA for AOS issued.
Late July Congressional Inquiry #1 for Biometric appointment and interview
8/13 Biometric appointment done with code#3. Original notice showed #2.
Late August Congressional Inquiry#2 for interview appointment. "The case is in background check. No timeline provided."
Early September CIS Ombudsman inquiry submitted for interview
9/18 Interview completed. FO didn't have KCC FILE.
9/23 Case approved.
OP’s Forum Post with timeline update

1. So yes, your case is still within the normal timeline.
2. It’s a matter of luck.
3 & 4. Be patient for now.

At this point, you can try initiate an Ombudsman Case Assistance. You can also attempt a FO walk-in inquiry, there’s no guarantee you’ll be allowed into the FO without an appointment. But it sometimes possible to get the security guards to allow one in without an appointment after explaining the dire situation one is facing. There’s also no guarantee with the ombudsman case assistance, but worth giving it a shot.
I dont believe that my case is in FO, should i still initial FO inquiry ?
and regarding ombudman, should i do that while senator office is trying to communicate with them?

Hello mom, on my I-485, I accidentally put "no" on the citation's question where I had a citation for speeding( going over 0-10 mph) back in 2021.
what would be the consequnces, I am worried !!
FYI ( already sent the package ).

Here is my experience with the walk-in bio:
My bio was scheduled for June 29 for Northern Jersey ASC. I went today and asked them if I could do the biometrics because I might be traveling on the scheduled date (might actually do!). They asked for the bio notice and I had already filled out the second page. Then they checked my ID (just showed them my driver's license), put a stamp with the date on the notice, and guided me to another section where my photo was taken, all 10 fingers were scanned, and my signature was taken as well. In the end, I was given a short survey sheet. The whole process took less than 10 minutes. I guess some tips could be to dress professionally, be courteous, and have a big smile on your face! I was actually told they generally don't accept walk-ins because of the COVID protocols. I guess now I should just wait for an update on my USCIS account and hope to receive the interview notice soon.

Hello mom, on my I-485, I accidentally put "no" on the citation's question where I had a citation for speeding( going over 0-10 mph) back in 2021.
Here is what the I-485 instructions said:
"In general, you do not need to submit documentation relating to traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an
actual physical arrest if the penalty was only a fine of less than $500 or points on your driver’s license. However,
you must submit such documentation if the traffic incident resulted in criminal charges or involved alcohol, drugs, or
injury to a person or property."

Hello all,

I have another question. I had an EAD that I was issued right after graduating as I worked for a couple of months, but I am now back to being a student. Do I include it in the package if I am not using it?

Thank you.

The only thing that you can do at this point is to go to your interview and mention that to the officer upfront.

You’ve already done your bio though, so it doesn’t seem to me like your case is comparable to @txoutback’s, at least for now. And looking at their timeline, shown below, I do not see anything to give me the impression you have as to the Albany FO not being the sharpest when it comes to DV cases - the referenced member’s AOS package was accepted towards the end of June, it’s not like the case had been pending for so long:

6/22 Accepted at Chicago lockbox
7/7 NOA for AOS issued.
Late July Congressional Inquiry #1 for Biometric appointment and interview
8/13 Biometric appointment done with code#3. Original notice showed #2.
Late August Congressional Inquiry#2 for interview appointment. "The case is in background check. No timeline provided."
Early September CIS Ombudsman inquiry submitted for interview
9/18 Interview completed. FO didn't have KCC FILE.
9/23 Case approved.

1. So yes, your case is still within the normal timeline.
2. It’s a matter of luck.
3 & 4. Be patient for now.

Thank you, mom
Yes, I see. I will be patient and keep my eye out for the interview letter

I dont believe that my case is in FO, should i still initial FO inquiry ?
and regarding ombudman, should i do that while senator office is trying to communicate with them?
You don’t believe your case is in your FO already? Why?
Well, the ombudsman option is the last option, you’ll need to decide on your own if that is something you wish to pursue now or still wait a bit.

Disclose the citation when you go for your interview.

Here is what the I-485 instructions said:
"In general, you do not need to submit documentation relating to traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an
actual physical arrest if the penalty was only a fine of less than $500 or points on your driver’s license. However,
you must submit such documentation if the traffic incident resulted in criminal charges or involved alcohol, drugs, or
injury to a person or property."
What you’ve quoted does not address the question of not disclosing the citation though, it just means documentation is not required as stated. It does not mean one should answer NO to the question that asks have you ever been cited, etc.