• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hi, my wife (J2) is a lottery winner (EU00020xxx) and we are almost ready to send our AoS package. I have two question. I appreciate if you can help me with these. (we got a favorable recommendation for J1 waiver from DOS)

- As I said, my wife is the lottery winner. She is a J-2 and she is unemployed. I am J1 and the stipend I am getting from university is more than the 125% of the poverty levels (I don't remember the exact term for that, it was related not being a public charge.). We are planning to present my financial records and my employment to prove that we both are not going to be a public charge. However, I am not sure whether as a derivative my income can be shown as a proof of our family's income. If you have any idea, can you clarify this one? We don't want to submit an affidavit of support.

- My second question is about the copy of the degrees we are going to send. My and my wife's university degrees are originally written in English. I also have a stamped true copy of my degree, but my wife doesn't have that. We have gotten prepared certified copies of our degrees, however it will take sometime to receive them. My question is should we submit certified copies of our degrees in our package, or is it okay just sending photocopies of these degrees?

Thank you in advance.

Hi, my wife (J2) is a lottery winner (EU00020xxx) and we are almost ready to send our AoS package. I have two question. I appreciate if you can help me with these. (we got a favorable recommendation for J1 waiver from DOS)

- As I said, my wife is the lottery winner. She is a J-2 and she is unemployed. I am J1 and the stipend I am getting from university is more than the 125% of the poverty levels (I don't remember the exact term for that, it was related not being a public charge.). We are planning to present my financial records and my employment to prove that we both are not going to be a public charge. However, I am not sure whether as a derivative my income can be shown as a proof of our family's income. If you have any idea, can you clarify this one? We don't want to submit an affidavit of support.

- My second question is about the copy of the degrees we are going to send. My and my wife's university degrees are originally written in English. I also have a stamped true copy of my degree, but my wife doesn't have that. We have gotten prepared certified copies of our degrees, however it will take sometime to receive them. My question is should we submit certified copies of our degrees in our package, or is it okay just sending photocopies of these degrees?

Thank you in advance.
1. Your income will be treated as family income, doesn’t matter who earns the income.
2. If the documents were originally issued in English, there’s no reason to get a certified copy. Just send the copies of what you currently have.

Hey guys! We completed our biometrics appointment today morning (June 24, 2022) and this evening(June 24, 2022) I checked my wife and I's case status' and they both had changed to "On June 24, 2022, we ordered your new card for....". I am so thankful for this forum, our mom, and everyone on here that posts their questions and responses. Reading the AOS spreadsheet multiple times, all posts on here daily, and last year's forums questions, responses, and suggestions helped us file and properly frontload our application, this went a long way toward the success of our AOS process. I have updated my timeline on the spreadsheet too esp. for those at the San Antonio field office
just checked the timeline - your CN is 55xxx. OMG, you're one lucky man! :) congrats again :cool:

INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE ON BEHALF OF @RHC

Hi, I want to share my interview experience in New York FO on 6/23/22.

Suddenly, I received an interview EMAIL on 6/21 around 6pm and asked me to attend the interview on 6/23 otherwise it would be on 7/21 if I couldn't make it. I followed the instructions to bring every item with me as well as the copies that I submitted along with I-485 just in case. My scheduled time was 12:00pm but the security didn’t allow me to get in the waiting room until 11:45am. The interviewer called me at 12:05pm.

The interview went smoothly. The interviewer liked to talk about my 3-year old daughter and my little boy in my tummy. I was a bit hesitate to talk too much. She asked me to show her my original current passport and photo ID at the beginning. And then, though I submitted my 2021 tax forms, employment letter and DV payment receipt with I-485, she still requested me to show them. I missed to submit I-566 (I'm a G-4 visa holder because my husband is the principal G-4 holder) so initially she asked me to mail it back by mid-August. She tried to give me more time because she knew my baby will be due in the coming week. I asked politely for the possibility to complete it on-site and return to her immediately. In the beginning she said I could come back by 3pm. After thought, she brought me back to the waiting room to fill out the form there. It was her lunch break so she asked the check-in personnel to get my form when I finish. While I was waiting for the elevator to leave, she came back and told me to wait for a letter within 3 weeks. On my way home, the status was changed to “New Card Is Being Produced”. Yesterday (6/24), the status was “Case was Approved”.

Thank you all for the sharing/contributions in this forum. I really learnt a lot during the past months.

hey, congrats! just for reference, were you guys in any asylum pending state and/or have had an interview earlier?
This may not be addressed to me, but I was in asylum pending for over 6 years now with no interview and it was waived. Also, I have filed a congressional inquiry on June 1st, so I think most of the San Antonio FO dv cases were moved when mine was. Maybe it's congressional inquiry, maybe not, we'll never know... GC should be arriving tomorrow, can't wait!

INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE ON BEHALF OF “RHC”

Suddenly, I received an interview EMAIL on 6/21 around 6pm and asked me to attend the interview on 6/23 otherwise it would be on 7/21 if I couldn't make it. I followed the instructions to bring every item with me as well as the copies that I submitted along with I-485 just in case. My scheduled time was 12:00pm but the security didn’t allow me to get in the waiting room until 11:45am. The interviewer called me at 12:05pm.

The interview went smoothly. The interviewer liked to talk about my 3-year old daughter and my little boy in my tummy. I was a bit hesitate to talk too much. She asked me to show her my original current passport and photo ID at the beginning. And then, though I submitted my 2021 tax forms, employment letter and DV payment receipt with I-485, she still requested me to show them. I missed to submit I-566 (I'm a G-4 visa holder because my husband is the principal G-4 holder) so initially she asked me to mail it back by mid-August. She tried to give me more time because she knew my baby will be due in the coming week. I asked politely for the possibility to complete it on-site and return to her immediately. In the beginning she said I could come back by 3pm. After thought, she brought me back to the waiting room to fill out the form there. It was her lunch break so she asked the check-in personnel to get my form when I finish. While I was waiting for the elevator to leave, she came back and told me to wait for a letter within 3 weeks. On my way home, the status was changed to “New Card Is Being Produced”. Yesterday (6/24), the status was “Case was Approved”.

Thank you all for the sharing/contributions in this forum. I really learnt a lot during the past months.
Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: RHC
This may not be addressed to me, but I was in asylum pending for over 6 years now with no interview and it was waived. Also, I have filed a congressional inquiry on June 1st, so I think most of the San Antonio FO dv cases were moved when mine was. Maybe it's congressional inquiry, maybe not, we'll never know... GC should be arriving tomorrow, can't wait!
Can you clarify, your F1 status was still valid all the 6 years your asylum application was pending up until your got your DV based AOS application?

Can you clarify, your F1 status was still valid all the 6 years your asylum application was pending up until your got your DV based AOS application?
No, I've actually noted F-1 as the status I've arrived on, but it expired in summer 2016, so I technically did not have any valid status while asylum application was pending, but did not accumulate unlawful presence either.

No, I've actually noted F-1 as the status I've arrived on, but it expired in summer 2016, so I technically did not have any valid status while asylum application was pending, but did not accumulate unlawful presence either.
Okay, perfect. I just wanted to confirm if you were F1 with asylum pending (as that is what you put down on the timeline spreadsheet), or fully asylum pending. So based on the above explanation, you were fully asylum pending, and not F1 with Asylum pending. Other folks with similar asylum pending status will find your timeline encouraging. Thanks for the clarification.

Okay, perfect. I just wanted to confirm if you were F1 with asylum pending (as that is what you put down on the timeline spreadsheet), or fully asylum pending. So based on the above explanation, you were fully asylum pending, and not F1 with Asylum pending. Other folks with similar asylum pending status will find your timeline encouraging. Thanks for the clarification.
Just updated the spreadsheet to remove F-1 :)

Congrats @RHC ! Enjoy your new life! Wishing you an easy delivery and healthy baby!

Hi, please advice: the main selectee submitted I-485 much earlier than his derivates did, is it possible to attend the interview for him alone at first as his application is already at the FO? Or it's impossible and the interview for him will not be appointed till all his family members will go through the required process... in order to appoint one interview for the whole family?

Wow. Congratulations, @RHC
Great handling by the FO as well!

Reactions: RHC
Hi, please advice: the main selectee submitted I-485 much earlier than his derivates did, is it possible to attend the interview for him alone at first as his application is already at the FO? Or it's impossible and the interview for him will not be appointed till all his family members will go through the required process... in order to appoint one interview for the whole family?
It depends. You’ll need to be a bit more specific with the situation you’re dealing with in order to be pointed in the right direction.
1. When did you file your AOS application?
2. Have you completed your biometrics appointment?
3. Is the rest of your family now in the US? If yes, when did they enter and when did they send in their AOS package?
4. Did you already make the DV administrative fee for your wife and child? (previous post was about your IO wanting you to make the DV administrative fee payment for your spouse and kid who were supposed to be processing FTJ). If yes, when?

Hi all.
Question, If the person that is signing your affidavit of support is quitting their job and starting a new job months later , would that affect my application in any way?

Thanks

Last edited:
Wait, can you please clarify, as I'm a bit confused - I thought asylum pending was not a valid status from which you could adjust via AOS. Apparently, tm_austin's case proved my understanding was wrong. Does it only apply to asylum cases?

Hi all.
Question, If the person that is signing your affidavit of support is quitting their job and starting a new job months later , would that affect my application in any way?

Thanks
It depends on how they fill out the form and what sort of supporting documents they provide you with.