• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Thankyou for sharing. I assume you showed your birth certificate and high school diploma.
If you mean the originals, I brought them with me, but in my case the FO did not ask to see them.
I did include the copies, along with the certified translations in the application.

However, the interview letter specifies all docs that you must bring along, including original copy for each document submitted in the application.

Personally, I brought a full copy of my application, plus all original docs (e.g. birth cert, diploma, university degrees, expired passports), plus the other docs stated in the letter.

Case was approved!

The interview, yesterday, was quite straightforward.

FO was very professional and courteous.
After swearing in, the FO did a walkthrough of the I-485, so I could confirm or correct the info provided in the I-485.
The FO also asked if I ever misrepresented myself, if I was been married, if had have children, if I ever been arrested anywhere or if I had interactions/encounters with law enforcement.
At the end of the interview, I was also asked which interest triggered my career choices.

I believe that a proper and smart document loading helps at interview time as well (even in case of the interview not being waived), to allow the officer to have all the info available and to make a quick determination.
The AOS Spreadsheet is a great tool to make a proper filing.

This forum and Britsimon's website and channel, have been invaluable resources of information.
I am also grateful for the suggestions and interactions with many members of this forum (a special thanks to @Sm1smom , @SusieQQQ , @Britsimon).
It was a good company through this journey.

Thank you all
Congratulations Guma77!!!!

Yeah, you should have unlocked the main selectee's DS260 form to (1) update the address and (2) indicate the derivates will be processing FTJ. Then upon submitting the DS260 after making those changes, you would have needed to send a follow-up email to KCC confirming the main selectee is processing AOS, while other family members will be processing FTJ. I don't know if unlocking the DS260 now to make those changes will help or not. You might want to wait a couple of days for their response to the email you already sent. That response should hopefully help you determine what the next step should be.
I recently emailed KCC to start my AOS process, and I got their response saying that my XYZ city interview place was changed to AOS now and I need to send KCC another email to unlock my DS260 to change my address to my address in the US. I will go ahead and do that.

But in your reply, you said I need to change my address and indicate in the form that derivatives will do JTF process. Is there a section on DS260 like that? I just don't remember the options on it, but could you please explain more how to indicate on my or my wife's DS260 that she will do FTW overseas and not do the AOS with me here?

Thank you so much @Sm1smom

@Sm1smom Ombudsman office didnt come back to me, should i get a lawyer? would that have an impact at all?​

Your case is chargeable to Iran, if memory serves me correctly, I believe your case is stuck in background check clearance hence the lack of update from your FO. Most Iranian selectees tend to experience prolong AP, this is a noted trend unfortunately. Hiring a lawyer will not move the case if the FO is not willing to conduct an interview while the background check clearance is still pending. BUT this is your case, if you feel hiring a lawyer could help, you should go ahead and hire one.

Now, when did you contact the Ombudsman's office (how long have you been waiting for a response from them)?

I recently emailed KCC to start my AOS process, and I got their response saying that my XYZ city interview place was changed to AOS now and I need to send KCC another email to unlock my DS260 to change my address to my address in the US. I will go ahead and do that.

But in your reply, you said I need to change my address and indicate in the form that derivatives will do JTF process. Is there a section on DS260 like that? I just don't remember the options on it, but could you please explain more how to indicate on my or my wife's DS260 that she will do FTW overseas and not do the AOS with me here?

Thank you so much @Sm1smom
When you open your own form, you should see the question about if derivatives will be migrating with you or not. If you select NO, I believe it should give you an option asking if they will be migrating at a later date in which case you select YES (that is the FTJ option).

Hey folks! Did anyone from Brooklyn FO have an interview already? Or at least received an interview letter? I looked at the timesheet but found only one person from Brooklyn and his/her interview wasn't scheduled yet

The I-134 is not legally binding on the sponsor as demonstrated by 3 court rulings, the form does not represent a legal contract hence the non-enforceability by any agency from whom an immigrant has obtained public benefits which they are not eligible for, it however represents a moral obligation. You can go through this Form I-134 FAQs for more details. You may also want to share it with your sponsor by the way for re-assurance.
Thanks for the information! I was wondering do you mind linking the FAQs again? it doesn't seem to be responding when I click on it.

Is there a way to obtain Bio letter information online? I will be traveling for a work assignment for 2 weeks and won’t have access to my mail. I’ve already received my NOA and now waiting for Bio + interview.

Hi, everyone! Is that possible a couple would be scheduled interviews on a different day?
If only my wife received the interview notice, what should I do to help myself in the next step? Thank you, everyone.

My wife won the lottery and I'm the derivative applicant. We received my wife’s interview notice on 5/31 but I did not receive mine. Our fingerprints were taken in March, after that the case status shows “fingerprints were taken” until now. Before receiving interview notice, my wife picked a phone call up from USCIS on 4/29. The staff told my wife that she only saw my wife's payment but I didn't see mine. We told her we did pay the payment we also mentioned that we received our receipts already and did the biometric in March. The staff responded, "she will confirm it again, and if needed, she would give us a call next Tuesday.” However, we haven’t received any phone call from USCIS anymore. We made a phone call to confirm the phone number whether belongs to our local field office or not. The USCIS staff answered us the phone number belongs to our local office. Here is our timeline:

Paid payment with KCC(total $660 USD): 11/30/2021
Received back the same sheet of paper stamped with PAID: 12/13/2021
CN current Month: Feb. 2022
ASC: El Monte, CA
Field office: Los Angeles, CA
Lockbox delivery date: 02/01/2022
Acceptance text or E-mail received date: 02/09/2022
Payment cased date:02/09/2022
NOA Letter Received date:02/14/2022
Bio notice received date:02/28/2022
Bio scheduled date:03/16/2022
Interview notice date:05/31/2022(only my wife)
Interview scheduled date:06/22/2022(only my wife)
Los Angeles (LA) FO Interview experience :
We were scheduled for 6/22 8:00 AM. We arrived at 7:00 AM, but there was still a long line outside already.
My wife checked in (She is principal applicant, besides I didn’t receive my IL), and we waited one and half hour until the officer called my wife’s name. We went into his office and saw my wife’s and my I-485 application on his desk. But the officer said he only had my wife’s interview appointment. We explained I am the derivative applicant. He accepted and interviewed both of us.

The interview was smoothing at the beginning. The officer re-checked answers listed on the I-485. But at the end of interview, our officer mainly focus on our marriage status as if they review marriage-based green card application. He wanted us to prove our marriage like wedding photos, proposing photos, joint account, electric bills, insurance, lease agreement……etc.
We didn’t bring those documents. He asked us if we could submit the documents by 2 PM, then he didn’t have to mail RFE to us. He also mentioned he knew DV program has a due date; hence, it must be dealt with by October.

So we rushed home as soon as possible, preparing all the documents related, and back to his office by 2 PM. He took our documents and said he would review our case and make a decision.

After leaving the building, our status renewed “Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed”. Around 3:15PM, the status showed “New Card Is Being Produced”.

And yesterday(6/23) our status renewed ”Case Was Approved”.

We would like to thank everyone (specially thank you @Sm1smom , @ivanze) in this forum. Every suggestion and information is really helpful for us. Without you guys, we cannot make it. Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Your case is chargeable to Iran, if memory serves me correctly, I believe your case is stuck in background check clearance hence the lack of update from your FO. Most Iranian selectees tend to experience prolong AP, this is a noted trend unfortunately. Hiring a lawyer will not move the case if the FO is not willing to conduct an interview while the background check clearance is still pending. BUT this is your case, if you feel hiring a lawyer could help, you should go ahead and hire one.

Now, when did you contact the Ombudsman's office (how long have you been waiting for a response from them)?
13th of july

We were scheduled for 6/22 8:00 AM. We arrived at 7:00 AM, but there was still a long line outside already.
My wife checked in (She is principal applicant, besides I didn’t receive my IL), and we waited one and half hour until the officer called my wife’s name. We went into his office and saw my wife’s and my I-485 application on his desk. But the officer said he only had my wife’s interview appointment. We explained I am the derivative applicant. He accepted and interviewed both of us.

The interview was smoothing at the beginning. The officer re-checked answers listed on the I-485. But at the end of interview, our officer mainly focus on our marriage status as if they review marriage-based green card application. He wanted us to prove our marriage like wedding photos, proposing photos, joint account, electric bills, insurance, lease agreement……etc.
We didn’t bring those documents. He asked us if we could submit the documents by 2 PM, then he didn’t have to mail RFE to us. He also mentioned he knew DV program has a due date; hence, it must be dealt with by October.

So we rushed home as soon as possible, preparing all the documents related, and back to his office by 2 PM. He took our documents and said he would review our case and make a decision.

After leaving the building, our status renewed “Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed”. Around 3:15PM, the status showed “New Card Is Being Produced”.

We would like to thank everyone (specially thank you @Sm1smom , @ivanze) in this forum. Every suggestion and information is really helpful for us. Without you guys, we cannot make it. Thank you!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations.

Were you married after your wife was selected?

Just wanted to say isn't it ironic you're referencing the timeline spreadsheet, meanwhile you're not listed there yourself.
Good point, Mom! But the thing is that I used to have my information there at the very beginning when the spreadsheet was open for formatting for everyone but one day I came back and for some reason my information was missing and you have to request an access to add information. I assume someone just accidentally did it while adding his/her info. Honestly I forgot about it and came back right now just to check what's going on in general here

P.S. just sent a request for the spreadsheet

Last edited:
Thank you.
Yes, we got married after my wife was selected.
We think that might be the reason why the officer was so focused on our marriage status. Haha
Yes, and so you should have expected to be questioned on it and brought relationship evidence to the interview. You’re lucky your IO was so accommodating and it didn’t lead to a longer delay.

Wow! That was fast, congratulations.

Our status still shows "Case must be reviewed"