• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hello,
I saw that some people walked in to do their biometrics before the scheduled date like two weeks before. Will it fasten the process? Also, are we suppose to walk in without letting them know or are we suppose to call them beforehand. Just wondering how to go about it.
You arrive at the FO with your appointment letter and ask whoever is at the door if you can do it today. Some of the ASCs have that “popular times” feature on Google so planning for a quiet time may increase your chances.

You arrive at the FO with your appointment letter and ask whoever is at the door if you can do it today. Some of the ASCs have that “popular times” feature on Google so planning for a quiet time may increase your chances.
Thank you so much for your response. You mentioned about quiet time but how will I know if its a quiet time or not? Also, will it fasten the process if I walked in before my scheduled date?

Hello,
I saw that some people walked in to do their biometrics before the scheduled date like two weeks before. Will it fasten the process? Also, are we suppose to walk in without letting them know or are we suppose to call them beforehand. Just wondering how to go about it.
Thank you so much for your response. You mentioned about quiet time but how will I know if its a quiet time or not? Also, will it fasten the process if I walked in before my scheduled date?
Take a look at the AOS FAQs tab/section of the AOS process spreadsheet.

If they retrogress the visa bulletin numbers and you become uncurrent in August but you have an interview booked for August will they issue the greencard or will it be put on hold?

If they retrogress the visa bulletin numbers and you become uncurrent in August but you have an interview booked for August will they issue the greencard or will it be put on hold?
They cannot legally issue it if a visa number is not available. They may go ahead with the interview but would have to wait until it was current again to issue.

They cannot legally issue it if a visa number is not available. They may go ahead with the interview but would have to wait until it was current again to issue.
Do you think you could ask your FO to interview you earlier based on the fact you won't be current in August.

I would find out in the next visa bulletin on June 15th giving 6 weeks to try and get an interview
Okay, I admit you’ve lost me at this point, I’m not quite sure I’m following the line of thought here. You will find out from the next VB your CN will not be current in August, (after you’ve already filed based on early filing I assume?) and you’re wondering if you could get your FO to interview you before August based on that? Assuming my understanding of what you’re saying is correct, (and assuming one could influence the FO for an earlier interview), which month was your CN originally current?

Okay, I admit you’ve lost me at this point, I’m not quite sure I’m following the line of thought here. You will find out from the next VB your CN will not be current in August, (after you’ve already filed based on early filing I assume?) and you’re wondering if you could get your FO to interview you before August based on that? Assuming my understanding of what you’re saying is correct, (and assuming one could influence the FO for an earlier interview), which month was your CN originally current?
Yeah that’s it. Sorry to be confusing I’m OC24XX so pretty much one of the highest CN. I went current for June and have not yet posted my AOS to the lockbox. I was just thinking ahead that in the off chance they retrogress the OC numbers and I become uncurrent is there anything I could do to push the interview forward (as I know I’m current for June and July). I think if I send in my package now I likely to have a August interview. FO is Dallas, TX

Yeah that’s it. Sorry to be confusing I’m OC24XX so pretty much one of the highest CN. I went current for June and have not yet posted my AOS to the lockbox. I was just thinking ahead that in the off chance they retrogress the OC numbers and I become uncurrent is there anything I could do to push the interview forward (as I know I’m current for June and July). I think if I send in my package now I likely to have a August interview. FO is Dallas, TX
You do realize there’s no guarantee as to when you will have your interview when it comes to AOS, right? Anyway, if numbers retrogress, considering you’re yet to file, you cannot influence when your FO schedule you for your interview.

Hello everyone, I finally received my SSN (I already had one before applying but requested a new one on form I-485). However it looks exactly like the one I had when I was a student, still has the “Valid for work only with DHS authorization” stamp

1. Should I go to a SSA office to request an updated one?
2. I have a flight to leave the country tomorrow, I am good to go? (Have my GC in hand but this got me thinking a little)

Thank you very much & I am glad so see applicants are making great progress!

Hello everyone, I finally received my SSN (I already had one before applying but requested a new one on form I-485). However it looks exactly like the one I had when I was a student, still has the “Valid for work only with DHS authorization” stamp

1. Should I go to a SSA office to request an updated one?
2. I have a flight to leave the country tomorrow, I am good to go? (Have my GC in hand but this got me thinking a little)

Thank you very much & I am glad so see applicants are making great progress!
1. The new card should have been issued without the DHS restrictions written on it. You’ll need to visit their office in order for them to update your information in their system and for them to issue you a new one.
2. You’re good to go on your trip. You can deal with the SSA office after your return.

Is the notice of action that indicates USCIS has accepted the package mailed by the National Benefits Center? I am currently out of town and I have a USPS informed delivery that shows a mail from USCIS National Benefits Center. Since I have only received the acceptance text from USCIS on May 19 and have not yet received the NOA receipt in the mail, I am wondering if it is the NOA receipt or the biometrics letter as the sender is listed as National Benefits Center?

Is the notice of action that indicates USCIS has accepted the package mailed by the National Benefits Center? I am currently out of town and I have a USPS informed delivery that shows a mail from USCIS National Benefits Center. Since I have only received the acceptance text from USCIS on May 19 and have not yet received the NOA receipt in the mail, I am wondering if it is the NOA receipt or the biometrics letter as the sender is listed as National Benefits Center?
If you haven't received your NOA, you should expect it to be your NOA.

Has anyone received their DV fee receipt this month? I’m concerned there’s a big delay due to DV2023 people submitting DS260s and filling up the KCC inbox.