• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

So you have no means of demonstrating you’re employed. If you have a substantial amount of savings to demonstrate you’re unlikely to become a public charge, then you don’t have to worry about not being able to present an employment letter or payslips.
I have 1099 from side gig jobs and I am doing software developing projects and making money (mostly cash). I want to report it in my tax return because I extended my tax deadline (my CPA is working on it and it's not finalized due to my expenses). I have also saving and never have received public assistance.

I joined this forum few days ago. I work for myself but I don't have LLC or company. I checked the spread sheet and it says I have to show my pay slip and employment letter. I do freelancing and most of the money I make is cash. I also do some side gigs like Amazon flex. How can I provide employment letter and pay slip?
Your IRS returns would work.

Fingerprints received update is applicable to both, regardless of what or where you see it.
Thanks for your reply. Sorry, one mor question: Then, there is no reason to worry if USCIS doesn't update the I485 case status to fingerprints received but yes they have updated I765 to show fingerprints received? Or maybe I should call the ASC to ask for fingerprint process for I485 case? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your reply. Sorry, one mor question: Then, there is no reason to worry if USCIS doesn't update the I485 case status to fingerprints received but yes they have updated I765 to show fingerprints received? Or maybe I should call the ASC to ask for fingerprint process for I485 case? Thanks in advance.
Stop stressing.

I am waiting for @crazycatlover interview result. I hope she was approved for her green card
Hi everyone! Had our interview yesterday at 7:35 at San Francisco FO. As a background, I am in valid F1 status and also dependent to my husband’s asylum case. He has only “asylum pending” status, he does not have F2. He came to the US on B1/B2 in Jan, 2020, in July 2020 before his status expired filed for B2 extension, then in Aug 2020 filed his asylum case. He was still awaiting asylum interview. His B2 extension was approved only in Dec, 2021. So he did not have any gaps or unauthorized stays since he first arrived.

Spoiler: interview took around an hour, at the end the officer said everything looks good and he just needs to run a security check and see if visas are still available. He said we would see an update by the end of the day. We indeed saw “card is being produced” for both cases at 5:30 pm.

The whole interview was basically going the 485 form and cross checking the data with the support I sent in the case. For instance, in the question “how did you arrive last time” the officer went ahead to check my student visas and I-20s. He was very careful checking all the dates to make sure I was continuously in valid status. He started with my application first.

Before yes/no question in my application, he switched to my husband’s case. Same procedure regarding cross checking his entries, B2 extension / asylum filing dates. No questions asked regarding specifics of his asylum application.

Then we answered yes/no question as a couple. My husband had a citation/ticket for over speeding, so question 25/27 was a yes. The officer circled “cited” and wrote “no other offenses” with a pen.

After that, the officer asked how we met, got married, how started dating, whether we had a wedding. He was very interested to know the details and kept taking notes. I was very surprised he was curious about our marriage, because we were married before I even applied for 2022 DV lottery. He also asked if I have any joint support. While there were joint bank statements and marriage certificate in my file already, I provided joint health insurance card, new joint tax return and a couple pages with our photos with place and time description (so glad I put it together and printed in color). He added all this to the file.

Lastly, when he took copies of our IDs, I asked if I can take my husbands last name right now, so that the green card arrives with a new name. He was very excited I asked and he just crossed my last name on the first page of 485 and wrote down my spouse’s name with a pen.

Let me know if you have other questions! Thank you all!

Hi everyone! Had our interview yesterday at 7:35 at San Francisco FO. As a background, I am in valid F1 status and also dependent to my husband’s asylum case. He has only “asylum pending” status, he does not have F2. He came to the US on B1/B2 in Jan, 2020, in July 2020 before his status expired filed for B2 extension, then in Aug 2020 filed his asylum case. He was still awaiting asylum interview. His B2 extension was approved only in Dec, 2021. So he did not have any gaps or unauthorized stays since he first arrived.

Spoiler: interview took around an hour, at the end the officer said everything looks good and he just needs to run a security check and see if visas are still available. He said we would see an update by the end of the day. We indeed saw “card is being produced” for both cases at 5:30 pm.

The whole interview was basically going the 485 form and cross checking the data with the support I sent in the case. For instance, in the question “how did you arrive last time” the officer went ahead to check my student visas and I-20s. He was very careful checking all the dates to make sure I was continuously in valid status. He started with my application first.

Before yes/no question in my application, he switched to my husband’s case. Same procedure regarding cross checking his entries, B2 extension / asylum filing dates. No questions asked regarding specifics of his asylum application.

Then we answered yes/no question as a couple. My husband had a citation/ticket for over speeding, so question 25/27 was a yes. The officer circled “cited” and wrote “no other offenses” with a pen.

After that, the officer asked how we met, got married, how started dating, whether we had a wedding. He was very interested to know the details and kept taking notes. I was very surprised he was curious about our marriage, because we were married before I even applied for 2022 DV lottery. He also asked if I have any joint support. While there were joint bank statements and marriage certificate in my file already, I provided joint health insurance card, new joint tax return and a couple pages with our photos with place and time description (so glad I put it together and printed in color). He added all this to the file.

Lastly, when he took copies of our IDs, I asked if I can take my husbands last name right now, so that the green card arrives with a new name. He was very excited I asked and he just crossed my last name on the first page of 485 and wrote down my spouse’s name with a pen.

Congratulations! @crazycatlover Thank you for taking the time to share your story with us.

Congratulations! This is a great news! So your husband now has B2 + asylum pending status simultaneously?

My wife and I had the interview at Newark, NJ office. The interview was straightforward. She asked us to provide our passport, driver's license, college degree, and original marriage certificate. Then she wanted to verify the address and basically the information on our i485 forms. Then the Yes/No question on the i485 form. She asked for my wife's I20s, birth certificate, and a copy of the i94. She said my case looks good, but she needs to review my wife's case and ask the DOS homeland security to check if any visas are still available. However, she said she might update our case within a month or before the fiscal year…at that time, I really wanted to ask her why it took so long to review our case, but I didn't because I didn't want her to feel that we're very pushy.

Therefore, I have a few questions want to ask:
  1. Is it possible that the officer will approve my case, not my wife's? Or are well gonna get the same decision, whether approved or denied?
  2. Since we had already completed the interview yesterday (05/19), but our case still shows "Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken," should I follow up and notify the USCIS to update my case that interview is completed? Thank you in advance.

My wife and I had the interview at Newark, NJ office. The interview was straightforward. She asked us to provide our passport, driver's license, college degree, and original marriage certificate. Then she wanted to verify the address and basically the information on our i485 forms. Then the Yes/No question on the i485 form. She asked for my wife's I20s, birth certificate, and a copy of the i94. She said my case looks good, but she needs to review my wife's case and ask the DOS homeland security to check if any visas are still available. However, she said she might update our case within a month or before the fiscal year…at that time, I really wanted to ask her why it took so long to review our case, but I didn't because I didn't want her to feel that we're very pushy.

Therefore, I have a few questions want to ask:
  1. Is it possible that the officer will approve my case, not my wife's? Or are well gonna get the same decision, whether approved or denied?
  2. Since we had already completed the interview yesterday (05/19), but our case still shows "Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken," should I follow up and notify the USCIS to update my case that interview is completed? Thank you in advance.
1. Who is the DV selectee, you or your wife?
2. Nope, you don’t notify them to update the online status, they know you’ve completed your interview, they know what to do and will do so as applicable.

1. Who is the DV selectee, you or your wife?
2. Nope, you don’t notify them to update the online status, they know you’ve completed your interview, they know what to do and will do so as applicable.
Hi mom,

Thank you for your response.

It's me. I'm the dv selectee (principle applicant).

Hi mom,

Thank you for your response.

It's me. I'm the dv selectee (principle applicant).
Okay. If there’s an issue with your wife’s case, it should not impact yours in that case. You could be approved while she’s not, that however shouldn’t happen if she’s never violated her status. Unless your current status is as her dependent, in which case if she’s found to have fallen out of status at some point, that will impact your approval also.

Okay. If there’s an issue with your wife’s case, it should not impact yours in that case. You could be approved while she’s not, that however shouldn’t happen if she’s never violated her status. Unless your current status is as her dependent, in which case if she’s found to have fallen out of status at some point, that will impact your approval also.
I see. No, her current status depends on me. I'm on F1, and now she's on F2 & B2. She never violated her status within the US, which was confirmed by the officer yesterday. The officer said her status was valid all the time. The only issue was the officer kept asking her if she had been denied a visa to the US. She said no, and the officer assumed that my wife didn't really remember the denial. She also answered 'no' on the i485 form. Still, the truth is her visa got denied several times, like 9 years ago, but she eventually got a student visa to the US. Maybe this part caused the officer's attention and need to review the case much longer. Let's see what will happen in the next few days or months.

I had my interview last week and my status still show "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed". Is this normal? I am a single applicant and my case should be pretty straightforward. After the interview the FO only said she will request my file from KCC and that she though she had everything else. The interview was very quick, she did not ask for any document, only checking info of i-485 and yes no questions.

I see. No, her current status depends on me. I'm on F1, and now she's on F2 & B2. She never violated her status within the US, which was confirmed by the officer yesterday. The officer said her status was valid all the time. The only issue was the officer kept asking her if she had been denied a visa to the US. She said no, and the officer assumed that my wife didn't really remember the denial. She also answered 'no' on the i485 form. Still, the truth is her visa got denied several times, like 9 years ago, but she eventually got a student visa to the US. Maybe this part caused the officer's attention and need to review the case much longer. Let's see what will happen in the next few days or months.
First of all, your wife cannot be on F2 & B2 at the same time. One can only be in one valid status in the US, not two at the same time.
Also, she should have answered YES on the I485, and not NO. The IO gave her an opportunity to change the answer because the IO could already see in the system she was once denied. A visa denial, later on followed by an approval, regardless of how long ago the denial was, needed to be disclosed. She lied to the IO under oath, so yeah, I suppose they may be reviewing her case for a while. Well, nothing you can do at this point but to wait, keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

I had my interview last week and my status still show "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed". Is this normal? I am a single applicant and my case should be pretty straightforward. After the interview the FO only said she will request my file from KCC and that she though she had everything else. The interview was very quick, she did not ask for any document, only checking info of i-485 and yes no questions.
Why did you send your AOS file to KCC? I thought only CP cases could use it.

This is normal ..give it some time - i was in the similar situation last year .. it took about 4 weeks for mine. I guess it depends on how busy the FO is

Why did you send your AOS file to KCC? I thought only CP cases could use it.
I did not, KCC manages all DV lottery files

This is normal ..give it some time - i was in the similar situation last year .. it took about 4 weeks for mine. I guess it depends on how busy the FO is
Thanks , good to know! It seemed strange that most of the cases are approved on the spot and mine is "stuck".