• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hi. I mistakenly used my personal check to pay the dv payment (330$). It was cashed two days after delivery, but I still have not received the receipt (4 days from the cash day). I had contacted kcc to ask for digital receipt but they did not answer me. Now, I want to know could the personal check cause any problem? As long as the check is cashed, should I be worry about it?
A personal check is just fine, like a cashier's check or a money order.
With the receipt of the DV fee, you need to be a little patient. If you don't see anything in two weeks, write to KCC, asking if they can send you the receipt

A kind request to people using the spreadsheet timeline trackers.

If you apply filters, please remove them before closing.

A question on the notifications on MyUSCIS for all people that received Bio or Interview letter

Does the case history on myUscis say when a Bio letter or an Interview letter has been sent?

A kind request to people using the spreadsheet timeline trackers.

If you apply filters, please remove them before closing.
Users should actually NOT be applying filters to the Master spreadsheet since it impacts the view for other users. Edit access will be revoked for users who apply filters, or modify the view, or make changes to meet their personal needs. Some users’ editing access already got revoked for failure to heed to this simple instructions.

Hello! Yesterday we did a walk-in to do the biometrics 2 weeks before the regular appointment. We could do it and now there is a change in our USCIS status to fingeprints received, but only for the I765 for my wife and myself, but nothing for the I485 for the four of us. Is it normal that the status for I485 is delayed from the I765? I know for a fact that they checked both (I765 and I485) in our appointment letter in the ASC, but no updates yet on I485.

Thanks

Hello! Yesterday we did a walk-in to do the biometrics 2 weeks before the regular appointment. We could do it and now there is a change in our USCIS status to fingeprints received, but only for the I765 for my wife and myself, but nothing for the I485 for the four of us. Is it normal that the status for I485 is delayed from the I765? I know for a fact that they checked both (I765 and I485) in our appointment letter in the ASC, but no updates yet on I485.

Thanks
Fingerprints received update is applicable to both, regardless of what or where you see it.

Fingerprints received update is applicable to both, regardless of what or where you see it.
Thank you for your prompt response! I was asking because it is strange that they only updated the I765 case status and not the I485 case status, that is really the important one for us. Anyway, I guess everything is going as it should be.

Thank you!

Hi all,
I need to change my passport due to expiration (it actually expires in a few months but I was scheduled for renewal in a couple of weeks). What's the best way to handle this situation from the standpoint of upcoming bio and interview? I hope to get a new one by the time of the interview (and hopefully, would still have voided old passport as proof). Those hopes might not materialize tho.
Also, the bio appointment would likely happen during the process - am I required to have the original on me during the appointment? Any workarounds?
Thank you!

The Priority Date on the NOA from USCIS should be the same as the Received Date for DV based AOS applications

Thank you for your response. Today, we received the Biometric Appointment letters from NSC after 38 days!!!

The Tier 2 officer hasn't called me yet, and the Congressman's staff has been on a 10-day vacation, and they submitted my request to USCIS just three days ago (and gave me a 30 days timeframe)! I don't know if receiving the Biometric Appointment letters has been due to my many calls/chats (and email to the lockbox center) or this is just a normal process for any AOS application with NSC.

I'd like to ask if this is a good sign and shows that NSC has been already familiar with DV cases (despite the wrong priority date) to issue the letters (after more than one month) and will quickly send our applications to FO after receiving biometrics, or it doesn't show anything and I have to keep following up (via Tier 2 or Congressman) to make sure they do not treat this application as my NIW application? Thank you.

Successfully did a walked in Bio-metrics today at Houston ASC. We went in around 1pm and they allowed us to proceed as they weren't busy.

These saved us 2 weeks :)

Waiting for next & last step: The Interview letter or better yet, interview waived :)
Good luck

I’ve just opened my NOA letter from USCIS, it just says: we have received your form and are currently processing, if this notice contains a priority date etc.,

There is no date listed under “priority date”, is this normal?

All good, answered my own question. Found a post from August 21 “The NOA does not list priority date, because DV based AOS applications have no underlying petitions with priority dates (this is why you guys indicate N/A under the receipt number and priority date sections of the I-485).”

Last edited:
I joined this forum few days ago. I work for myself but I don't have LLC or company. I checked the spread sheet and it says I have to show my pay slip and employment letter. I do freelancing and most of the money I make is cash. I also do some side gigs like Amazon flex. How can I provide employment letter and pay slip?

Thank you for your response. Today, we received the Biometric Appointment letters from NSC after 38 days!!!

The Tier 2 officer hasn't called me yet, and the Congressman's staff has been on a 10-day vacation, and they submitted my request to USCIS just three days ago (and gave me a 30 days timeframe)! I don't know if receiving the Biometric Appointment letters has been due to my many calls/chats (and email to the lockbox center) or this is just a normal process for any AOS application with NSC.

I'd like to ask if this is a good sign and shows that NSC has been already familiar with DV cases (despite the wrong priority date) to issue the letters (after more than one month) and will quickly send our applications to FO after receiving biometrics, or it doesn't show anything and I have to keep following up (via Tier 2 or Congressman) to make sure they do not treat this application as my NIW application? Thank you.
Receiving your bio notice is indeed some long awaited good news. I however don’t know if that means the NSC is familiar with DV based AOS application processing and are treating your case as such. If this were my case though, I wouldn’t assume so and would continue to follow up until either reassured by USCIS or I receive my IL.

I joined this forum few days ago. I work for myself but I don't have LLC or company. I checked the spread sheet and it says I have to show my pay slip and employment letter. I do freelancing and most of the money I make is cash. I also do some side gigs like Amazon flex. How can I provide employment letter and pay slip?
What is your current status? Is this authorized employment?

F1 and asylum. I received EAD through Asylum. I'm software developer and doing freelancing projects.
So you have no means of demonstrating you’re employed. If you have a substantial amount of savings to demonstrate you’re unlikely to become a public charge, then you don’t have to worry about not being able to present an employment letter or payslips.