• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

I am an F1 student. I had an F1 student off-campus EAD earlier which had a USCIS number. I just received my NOA today and found out that my USCIS Alien number on the NOA and my previous EAD document are different. I wonder if it is normal to have a new A-number for the Form I-485 or if I should ask for the correction of my A-number?

It is normal
I am an F1 student. I had an F1 student off-campus EAD earlier which had a USCIS number. I just received my NOA today and found out that my USCIS Alien number on the NOA and my previous EAD document are different. I wonder if it is normal to have a new A-number for the Form I-485 or if I should ask for the correction of my A-number?
It is normal. Your F1/EAD based A# is tied to your non-immigrant status. The new A# will be tied to your new immigrant status if and when granted.

Hello,
I was supposed to get my NOA letter on Thursday but USPS lost my mail so what shall I do about it? Also, this is the second time USPS has lost my mail. My DV receipt fee was lost too and I am worried it might happen in the future again so, what shall I do about it? Is there any other safe way I can get my mails?

Hello,
I was supposed to get my NOA letter on Thursday but USPS lost my mail so what shall I do about it? Also, this is the second time USPS has lost my mail. My DV receipt fee was lost too and I am worried it might happen in the future again so, what shall I do about it? Is there any other safe way I can get my mails?
May I ask what kind of service did you use? Was it a priority mail?

1. Why would your asylum case be closed?
2 and 3, and your previous question, please carefully read the spreadsheet linked in first post of this thread.
Thank you very much for your answers!
With my pending asylum and a AOS based on mariage (I already have an EAD).
1. If I filled an AOS based on dv lottery without filing the I-765 my EAD based previous AOS will be valid?
2. If the AOS based dv lottery gets denied can I revert back to my previous cases ( pending asylum and/or AOS based mariage)?
3. What really happens to my previous cases pending Asylum and the AOS based on mariage)?
3a. Do all these cases run together or some are on hold.
I really appreciate all you are doing for people!
Thanks a lot…

1. If I filled an AOS based on dv lottery without filing the I-765 my EAD based previous AOS will be valid?
2. If the AOS based dv lottery gets denied can I revert back to my previous cases ( pending asylum and/or AOS based mariage)?
3. What really happens to my previous cases pending Asylum and the AOS based on mariage)?
Thanks a lot…
I still don’t understand why you think an existing case should be closed when nothing has been finalized on anything else.
Yes, you can have as many AOS cases running concurrently as you are eligible to file for. When one of them is successful, the others will close. If one of them is denied then the others can continue. Of course if it is denied for a reason that would lead to any of them being denied, that’s a different story.

What could be the reasons why after an interview an applicants case is not expedited to card production as seen in the majority of cases? Is it high CN? Issues with the content of the case? Delay at the FO or KCC? Is there anything I can do to expedite the card production after interviews assuming no issues with the case?

I still don’t understand why you think an existing case should be closed when nothing has been finalized on anything else.
Yes, you can have as many AOS cases running concurrently as you are eligible to file for. When one of them is successful, the others will close. If one of them is denied then the others can continue. Of course if it is denied for a reason that would lead to any of them being denied, that’s a different story.
I just didn’t know how this will work as I’m willing to fill the AOS based on the dv lottery myself and don’t wanna make any mistakes.
You clearly responded to my concerns. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
What could be the reasons why after an interview an applicants case is not expedited to card production as seen in the majority of cases? Is it high CN? Issues with the content of the case? Delay at the FO or KCC? Is there anything I can do to expedite the card production after interviews assuming no issues with the case?
Take a look at AOS FAQs tab of the AOS process spreadsheet.

Thanks a lot…
1. Including an EAD application with the AOS package is not compulsory, that is an optional application.
2&3. You don’t revert back to anything because you never left it in the first case. All the different cases are processed in parallel by the different offices with jurisdiction over them. They do not simply stop processing one because a new one has been filed. The only time the other applications get automatically canceled if not withdrawn by the applicant, actually it technically gets denied, is when one has already been approved.

hi, I had an accident three two years ago and I was in fault but I didn't receive any ticket or court letter. That was a minor accident but she filed and my insurance paid her around $1000. Should I disclose this on I-485 form?

1. Including an EAD application with the AOS package is not compulsory, that is an optional application.
2&3. You don’t revert back to anything because you never left it in the first case. All the different cases are processed in parallel by the different offices with jurisdiction over them. They do not simply stop processing one because a new one has been filed. The only time the other applications get automatically canceled if not withdrawn by the applicant, actually it technically gets denied, is when one has already been approved.
Thanks a lot, you guys have been very helpful!!!

hi, I had an accident three two years ago and I was in fault but I didn't receive any ticket or court letter. That was a minor accident but she filed and my insurance paid her around $1000. Should I disclose this on I-485 form?
Does the I-485 ask for this in any section of the form?

Hi all,
I don't know if anyone already has this answer to this question.
So my mom is the main applicant for Asylum seeker
But my dad is the one who got the lottery (they applied as a married couple)
So for the derivative, is going to be my mom while my dad is the main applicant for i-485?
Thank you

Hi all,
I don't know if anyone already has this answer to this question.
So my mom is the main applicant for Asylum seeker
But my dad is the one who got the lottery (they applied as a married couple)
So for the derivative, is going to be my mom while my dad is the main applicant for i-485?
Thank you
If your dad is the DV selectee, he will be the main applicant for a DV based AOS filing, your mom is a derivative applicant.

Hi,

I just checked my USCIS account and noticed that my and my husband's status has changed to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview," but our daughter's status remains unchanged: "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken." I understand that not changing my daughter's status means nothing, as I learned from the forum. I'm simply curious how long I'll have to wait for the interview notice/message when I discover my status has changed. I'd appreciate it if anyone could share their experiences with me.