• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

I’m not sure what this has to do with DV based AOS applications. It doesn’t even have anything to do with selectees processing CP either.
Yes, to my understanding, AOS cases are worked by the National Benefits Center and the Field Offices. NVC should not be involved, correct?

Hello,
I was supposed to get my NOA letter on Thursday but USPS lost my mail so what shall I do about it? Also, this is the second time USPS has lost my mail. My DV receipt fee was lost too and I am worried it might happen in the future again so, what shall I do about it? Is there any other safe way I can get my mails?
Has USPS confirmed the mail is lost? Did you file a complaint with USPS about your lost mails?
As for the USCIS, you can initiate an eRequest, although the system may not let you submit right away, as the instruction requires waiting about 30 days before filing a missing mail eRequest. You can still give it a shot though.

Hello,

I received my Green Card on May 18th! I had my interview on March 22nd at the Newark, NJ Field Office. My interview was pretty straightforward. Most of the questions asked were related to the information on my I-485 form. At the end, my interview officer asked if I had any questions and informed me that it will take about 2-3 weeks to receive my card. The next day, my online USCIS case updated to “Interview was completed, case must be reviewed”. I did not receive a status update until May 10 when my case status changed to New Card Produced and finally to Case is Approved. In total, it took about 7 weeks to receive an update after the interview.

Thank you for all your support during this process. This forum, resource spreadsheet as well as your responses to my questions have been super helpful. I am very grateful. I wish you all the best in your AOS application.

I posted my DV fee check ($660) to the DOS which was cashed May 6th and I emailed KCC informing them I intended changing from CP to AOS. I received this email back:

"Your case number is now current for interview processing. Once the interview date has been scheduled, ....... If you need to make changes to your DS-260 you should contact the consular section where you will be interviewed, or bring the information about your changes to your interview appointment. Because your case is ready to be scheduled, KCC can no longer unlock your application."

Is there anything I need to do here or can I just send my AOS package to the lockbox and my case will be sent to USCIS?

OC24XX
Current June
Go ahead and file they will mail you the receipt. I have a similar case already took my bio I’m waiting to be scheduled for an interview

Hello,
Would it be ok to send the DV Lottery Fee via personal check?
It is not listed as an option at travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/diversity-visa-program-entry/adjustment-of-status-fee-payment.html
Thank you

Hello,
Would it be ok to send the DV Lottery Fee via personal check?
It is not listed as an option at travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/diversity-visa-program-entry/adjustment-of-status-fee-payment.html
Thank you
The preferred option is cashiers check or money order. A couple of folks did use personal check, so you may also do so at your own risk.

I have listed my physical address in one state and my mailing address in another state on Form I-485. I am wondering for the biometric and interview appointment, will USCIS send me to their office near my physical address or the office near my mailing address?

I have listed my physical address in one state and my mailing address in another state on Form I-485. I am wondering for the biometric and interview appointment, will USCIS send me to their office near my physical address or the office near my mailing address?
The appointment should be based on the physical address location, however USCIS has been known to sometimes schedule based on the listed mailing address location.

Is it possible to have a pending renewal application for H1B while I’m doing AOS? I want to ensure my GC AOS won’t be affected

Hi all,
My and my husband's status has changed to "Interview Was Scheduled" on my USCIS account, but our daughter's status remains unchanged: "Fingerprints Were Taken," according to the her account. My daughter's situation does not concern me. Because, as I learnt from the forum, it could all happen. But I can't find out when our interview is planned. We have yet to receive any messages from USCIS. Will I find out the date when they send me an email? We checked and there are no upcoming mails to our address in the next two days.

Is it possible to have a pending renewal application for H1B while I’m doing AOS? I want to ensure my GC AOS won’t be affected

E. Effect of Pending Application or Petition​

Extension of Stay or Change of Status​

A noncitizen may file an adjustment application after expiration of his or her nonimmigrant status while the noncitizen’s timely-filed EOS or COS application is pending. [18] In such cases, the officer should defer adjudication of the adjustment application until USCIS adjudicates the EOS or COS application so long as there are no other grounds for denial.

If USCIS ultimately approves the EOS or COS application, then the noncitizen is considered to be in lawful immigration status on the date the adjustment application is filed. If USCIS denies the EOS or COS application, then the noncitizen is generally considered to be in unlawful immigration status as of the expiration of the noncitizen’s current nonimmigrant status and likewise on the date the adjustment application is filed. In this instance, the INA 245(c)(2) bar would apply, unless an exemption is available.

E. Effect of Pending Application or Petition​

Extension of Stay or Change of Status​

A noncitizen may file an adjustment application after expiration of his or her nonimmigrant status while the noncitizen’s timely-filed EOS or COS application is pending. [18] In such cases, the officer should defer adjudication of the adjustment application until USCIS adjudicates the EOS or COS application so long as there are no other grounds for denial.

If USCIS ultimately approves the EOS or COS application, then the noncitizen is considered to be in lawful immigration status on the date the adjustment application is filed. If USCIS denies the EOS or COS application, then the noncitizen is generally considered to be in unlawful immigration status as of the expiration of the noncitizen’s current nonimmigrant status and likewise on the date the adjustment application is filed. In this instance, the INA 245(c)(2) bar would apply, unless an exemption is available.

@Angel115 can you clarify if you just want to have the h1b extension as a backup while you are doing AOS in case you don’t get a green card, or if you require it to stay in status to adjust?

Hi all,
My and my husband's status has changed to "Interview Was Scheduled" on my USCIS account, but our daughter's status remains unchanged: "Fingerprints Were Taken," according to the her account. My daughter's situation does not concern me. Because, as I learnt from the forum, it could all happen. But I can't find out when our interview is planned. We have yet to receive any messages from USCIS. Will I find out the date when they send me an email? We checked and there are no upcoming mails to our address in the next two days.
It varies, that is why you’ve not been able to find out any information as to when. Could be a couple of days, weeks, or months. Some FOs do not even provide that update for DV based AOS applications. When you get scheduled for your interview depends on your FO, they may or may not provide a statues update when you eventually get scheduled for your interview and you just see the IL show up.

It varies, that is why you’ve not been able to find out any information as to when. Could be a couple of days, weeks, or months. Some FOs do not even provide that update for DV based AOS applications. When you get scheduled for your interview depends on your FO, they may or may not provide a statues update when you eventually get scheduled for your interview and you just see the IL show up.
Thank you very much for your detailed response @Sm1smom . As far as I can tell, our FO is working very neatly and meticulously. Because they instantly changed our status. They also did the same for our bio changes. I'm hoping the interview goes as well.

@Angel115 can you clarify if you just want to have the h1b extension as a backup while you are doing AOS in case you don’t get a green card, or if you require it to stay in status to adjust?
My H1B expires September 1, 2022. I would need it to stay in status for the remainder of this fiscal year until the 30th. What would happen in the scenario where I get an interview in mid September and my visa expired? I'm lost on what I should do, if I should also file I-765?

Last edited:
Do I have to attach my military services records or military service card to my AOS package if I did few months of compulsory military services back in my country?

Hi all,

I am putting my packet together to send and I have a question about the evidence of financial support. So I have all the documents, but me being a student, my bank account statements do not reflect me having a lot of money. I have a steady job on campus to the point where I can pay all my bills and have a small amount remaining, but it is by no means a lot. Do you recommend me just going with the affidavit of support route since I have people who can help me with their documents for this, or is it okay to submit mine? Also, if I go with the affidavit of support, does the person have to be a citizen or can they be a green card holder?

Thank you in advance for any advice given.

Hi all,

I am putting my packet together to send and I have a question about the evidence of financial support. So I have all the documents, but me being a student, my bank account statements do not reflect me having a lot of money. I have a steady job on campus to the point where I can pay all my bills and have a small amount remaining, but it is by no means a lot. Do you recommend me just going with the affidavit of support route since I have people who can help me with their documents for this, or is it okay to submit mine? Also, if I go with the affidavit of support, does the person have to be a citizen or can they be a green card holder?

Thank you in advance for any advice given.
Get an I-134 if you can. Sponsor doesn’t need to be a USC, a LPR is acceptable.