• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hi there, I just checked and saw I was selected with the OC11XX range. I have read through the spreadsheet and watched Simon's videos but had a question still that I was wondering if someone with more experience could help with.

Is there a way to determine how confident you can be in the CN being low enough to be called within time to process? 11XX seems like it is likely pretty safe from the videos I watched but really not sure. This is important for me because I am here on an E3 visa and married to a US Citizen (as of a month ago). We have engaged with a IL and signed our GC by Marriage application documents literally yesterday because I didn't think I would win. They have not been sent in and I have already told the lawyers to hold off. Given how long the GC by marriage application can take and the fact that I would only get the 2 year provisional GC, I feel this may be a better option for me. However, I am concerned I may run out of time before my E3 ends in Dec 2022. I would hate to hold off on applying through marriage and then not get an interview for DV and end up unemployed for months because I have to apply for marriage GC again after Sep 2022.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how I could judge the viability of my CN for 2022 as early as possible? Thank you for your help. Apologies if I am missing something obvious, I am very excited.
Congrats on your selection. The Super Moderator is someone you can trust as he/she is a quite experienced person in the foeld of immigration process. I suggest you addressed your question to his/her attention and follow his/her guidelines. He/She has given me very useful advices. I’ve already done my interview and now awaiting for the approval of my AOS. It is to be noted though that all advices received from this website are purely opinionated and should NOT be taken as legal advices. So far, everything has gone seamlessly on my end. Friends have recommended me this website and their advices have worked for me.

My employer hasn't filed for my extension yet. There is premium processing available that can take 15 days to process. I guess my options are to either file with premium processing or to not file for an extension at all?
Since I will still be in lawful status due to me filing the I-485, I think I won’t file for an extension and hope that I get the DV greencard. I wish I could file my package but still waiting for the DV receipt over here.

Hello everybody. I paid my DV fee six weeks ago, and included a SASE, but I've not received my receipt yet. I already emailed KCC last week asking for a digital copy and got no response. I was planning on sending my package June 1st, the day I become current. Would be wise to keep waiting or should I just file and eventually take my receipt to the interview?

Thank you for your help.

Today I got this email from KCC, after 8 days of requesting my DV Fee Receipt but there wasn't any attached file, I'm guessing this isn't it and they forgot to send it, anyone else here went through something similar?

1653597139619.png

Hello everyone,

After I wrote about my interview, I realize now that it’s a lot. But I hope it helps someone.

I had my interview on May 5 in San Francisco Field office. I came about 20 min earlier. After a check in, I waited for my officer for about 10 min. The interview itself took less than 20 min. My interviewer was very professional, but I could feel that she was nice.

First, she asked me to take the oath. Then she asked me any forms of ID. I gave her my passport and she also asked me to give her my birth certificate both the original and the translation. I didn’t have a driver’s license or any state issued ID. I was on F1 student visa, so she asked me for my student ID. I forgot to bring it with me (it had always been useless outside my campus, so I never had it with me).

After that, we went over the I-485 form. The whole time she was taking notes with a red pen on a separate paper and on the form itself. She asked if I ever gone by any other names – I said no; if I had ever been married – no; if I had any kids – no. Then she specified if I had any kids anywhere in the world, in other countries. I also said no.

She asked me to show her a copy of the DV fee receipt.

She asked the date of my last arrival to the US. Then my parents’ names and where they lived at the moment.

She asked me if I ever received any government support like food stamps or anything like that. I replied that I went to my college food pantry once. She said that it mattered only if it was government’s support – college support is not a problem.

I was worried that she would ask about all my previous addresses because it was a lot to remember. Fortunately, she only asked the current and the previous address. She also asked who I lived with.

She also asked about the organization I was a member of. It was a Christian fellowship, so maybe that’s why after that she asked if I went to church.

She asked if I had any other visas or any violations. Since I checked yes on the question if I was ever denied visa or admission to the US, she asked me about it. I said that I got denied F1 student visa and then got it the second time after a month or so. She said it was not a problem. She clarified that it interested her more if I had ever been denied entry at the border or something like that

After we went through, I believe, all yes or no questions, she asked me if I wanted to provide any other documents to support my case. I asked her if she needed an appraisal of the property I had back home. She told me that it was not necessary and instead asked me for my I20’s. After that I signed the I-485 form to conclude our interview. Then she went to scan my passport and my birth certificate.

At the end, she told me that they need to make an additional review since I only have foreign documents and no state issued ID. She told me that it should be very quick. She said that they also needed to verify if I, in fact, did not use any other names, did not have any children anywhere in the world and that I actually lived with the people I said I lived with. She then gave me a paper that said that my case needed an additional review. She said that after a quick review I should get a welcome letter in my mail. Then she asked me if had any questions and I asked when I would be getting my green card in the mail. She said it would take 3-4 weeks.

One and a half hour after the interview I checked my case status and it said that the card was being produced. The review was surprisingly super quick, and I got my green card a week after the interview – much faster than what the officer said.

Thank you everyone in this forum! It helped me a lot. I am tremendously grateful!
Ho congratulations ! I am very happy for you!
I am also an F1 student who won so I have some questions.
In your AOS package, did you fill out the form I-134 Affidavit of Support ? And did you include any tax Return Transcripts/ pay slips in you package ?

Hello,

I received my Green Card on May 18th! I had my interview on March 22nd at the Newark, NJ Field Office. My interview was pretty straightforward. Most of the questions asked were related to the information on my I-485 form. At the end, my interview officer asked if I had any questions and informed me that it will take about 2-3 weeks to receive my card. The next day, my online USCIS case updated to “Interview was completed, case must be reviewed”. I did not receive a status update until May 10 when my case status changed to New Card Produced and finally to Case is Approved. In total, it took about 7 weeks to receive an update after the interview.

Thank you for all your support during this process. This forum, resource spreadsheet as well as your responses to my questions have been super helpful. I am very grateful. I wish you all the best in your AOS application.
Hello ! Congratulations!! Happy for you
I have a question: did you sent the form I-134 Affidavit of Support in your AOS package ? If yes, did you fill it out by yourself or did you have a sponsor filling that out for you ?
Also, did you send any tax transcript and pay slips ?

Hello everyone:

We have done our interview Yesterday. We are a family of four. For those who like to hear the details:

We did a walk-in Bio and after 10 days we got the interview notice which was scheduled 3 weeks from the notice. Yesterday, we arrived 45 minutes earlier, but there was a note at the door that " do not enter more than 15 minutes before your appointment ", so went back 17 minutes earlier and it was kind of crowded with people waiting outside the facility until it became exactly 15 minutes just before the time of the appointment ( it seems that everyone had the same time of the appointment with different cases) then doors were opened, we went over security checks, then registered our names and went to the waiting room and waited for about 40 minutes. A super nice lady called our names and went inside her office, we stood up and swore an oath. Then she clearly said: I will go over the applications and make the necessary changes if any, we went over the applications and asked about all details (quick and efficient), and in the end, we had two changes were made on the applications. the interview took about 45 minutes. Then she gave us a piece of paper says your case will be reviewed and she said I can not approve your case right now, until we get your background check and if things are okay then will be noticed by mail, if something went wrong we may ask for more details and may schedule for another interview. I asked her how long this will take? she said I am not sure but the GC may take a month or two if things went well. I asked whether I will see the changes on the USCIS account, and she said yes. Then we left home , once we got home I checked the online account and found "New card is being produced", weird!

- She did not ask for any document but the DV winner paper, ID (driving licenses), and passports.
- It was a relaxing and smooth interview, went over the application and Yes/No questions quickly and smoothly.
- I do not understand the background checks time and then I found that "New card is being produced". (confusing)

Finally, thanks again to @SusieQQQ who found me " hanging around " on another website and guided me to this forum :) and to the super @Sm1smom for her thorough knowledge and experience in this matter and to everyone who shared experience, helped, asked, or answered questions and concerns.

I hope all the best to everyone. It is quicker than you expect... Stay tuned.

Hello everyone:

We have done our interview Yesterday. We are a family of four. For those who like to hear the details:

We did a walk-in Bio and after 10 days we got the interview notice which was scheduled 3 weeks from the notice. Yesterday, we arrived 45 minutes earlier, but there was a note at the door that " do not enter more than 15 minutes before your appointment ", so went back 17 minutes earlier and it was kind of crowded with people waiting outside the facility until it became exactly 15 minutes just before the time of the appointment ( it seems that everyone had the same time of the appointment with different cases) then doors were opened, we went over security checks, then registered our names and went to the waiting room and waited for about 40 minutes. A super nice lady called our names and went inside her office, we stood up and swore an oath. Then she clearly said: I will go over the applications and make the necessary changes if any, we went over the applications and asked about all details (quick and efficient), and in the end, we had two changes were made on the applications. the interview took about 45 minutes. Then she gave us a piece of paper says your case will be reviewed and she said I can not approve your case right now, until we get your background check and if things are okay then will be noticed by mail, if something went wrong we may ask for more details and may schedule for another interview. I asked her how long this will take? she said I am not sure but the GC may take a month or two if things went well. I asked whether I will see the changes on the USCIS account, and she said yes. Then we left home , once we got home I checked the online account and found "New card is being produced", weird!

- She did not ask for any document but the DV winner paper, ID (driving licenses), and passports.
- It was a relaxing and smooth interview, went over the application and Yes/No questions quickly and smoothly.
- I do not understand the background checks time and then I found that "New card is being produced". (confusing)

Finally, thanks again to @SusieQQQ who found me " hanging around " on another website and guided me to this forum :) and to the super @Sm1smom for her thorough knowledge and experience in this matter and to everyone who shared experience, helped, asked, or answered questions and concerns.

I hope all the best to everyone. It is quicker than you expect... Stay tuned.
Congratulations. The IO most likely hadn’t checked to see if your background check had already cleared and the report was in prior to meeting with you, hence her telling you what she said about the background check. She was able to approve the case once she checked the system (after you left).

Congratulations. The IO most likely hadn’t checked to see if your background check had already cleared and the report was in prior to meeting with you, hence her telling you what she said about the background check. She was able to approve the case once she checked the system (after you left).
Thank you :) Now it makes the whole sense :)

Hello, I hired the a Lawyer to assist with my AOS. He sent me documents to review today. I found two documents that made me a bit curious. In addition to the I-485, he added I-131 which is Application for Advance Document(Advance Parole), and I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization). Will adding these two forms to the i-485 impact negatively on my AOS processing in any way? Is it like normal?

Hi @DeZion, im curious to know how long you’ve waited for KCC to email you your receipt and when did the check get cashed? Can you add your info to the timeline? Thanks
Check was sent on April 27th
Cashed May 4th
Soft copy of Receipt received May 26th after 5 follow-up emails sent back to back on different day; one of which indicated to me that a hard copy receipt has been sent on May 19th

Could you guys please provide a recap of the reasons that work best for walk-in biometrics visits?

Of course, I’d greatly appreciate any other tips and tricks from folks who successfully done walk-in bio’s.

TIA

Hello, I hired the a Lawyer to assist with my AOS. He sent me documents to review today. I found two documents that made me a bit curious. In addition to the I-485, he added I-131 which is Application for Advance Document(Advance Parole), and I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization). Will adding these two forms to the i-485 impact negatively on my AOS processing in any way? Is it like normal?
I suggest you take a look at the AOS process spreadsheet.

It won’t adversely affect it but it’s very seldom that these two documents are processed before a DV-based green card, especially this late in the FY. I’m guessing your lawyer doesn’t have much DV experience? fyi this fiscal year to date, these two documents have had an average processing time of 7 months - and there are 4 months left in the FY. If you don’t understand why he filed them, see the discussion about them in the spreadsheet.

Could you guys please provide a recap of the reasons that work best for walk-in biometrics visits?

Of course, I’d greatly appreciate any other tips and tricks from folks who successfully done walk-in bio’s.

TIA

Well if you have some compelling reason that it would be difficult to make your appointment, bring proof of that. If they say "just reschedule", then point out the Sep 30th deadline and explain that it probably won't be possible to get another appointment in time ("probably" might be a slight exaggeration here).

Otherwise, just point out the Sep 30th deadline. They're unlikely to see that as very urgent now in May, but they might let you in anyway.

Find out when your ASC is at its least busy. Standalone ASCs seem to be more receiptive to walk-ins than Field Offices with ASCs attached. Browse my post history from August last year if you want more detail on my experience trying to get a walk-in in Indianapolis, and then later 3 different Chicago ASCs. (Spoiler: I eventually got a walk-in in Norridge but it probably didn't make any difference to when I got my approval).

Well if you have some compelling reason that it would be difficult to make your appointment, bring proof of that. If they say "just reschedule", then point out the Sep 30th deadline and explain that it probably won't be possible to get another appointment in time ("probably" might be a slight exaggeration here).

Otherwise, just point out the Sep 30th deadline. They're unlikely to see that as very urgent now in May, but they might let you in anyway.

Find out when your ASC is at its least busy. Standalone ASCs seem to be more receiptive to walk-ins than Field Offices with ASCs attached. Browse my post history from August last year if you want more detail on my experience trying to get a walk-in in Indianapolis, and then later 3 different Chicago ASCs. (Spoiler: I eventually got a walk-in in Norridge but it probably didn't make any difference to when I got my approval).
So if I understand correctly, you can do a walk in at any ASC?