• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

When I got a cashier’s check for the $330 DV fess, I asked the banker to make it payable to “Department of State
Diversity Visa Program”
However, he was only able to fit the 1st line under “pay to the order of” tab. So, he put the 2nd line in the “Memo” section.

Do you guys think that will be ok? Or should I have done it differently?

Thank you
I believe it should be fine.
Continue to monitor through the bank when is cashed.
When did you send it?

2-3 weeks - take a look at the timeline spreadsheet (columns AH-AJ).

Question: is NOA an electronic doc (email) or physical mail?
Yes, my receipt took almost 4 weeks. After two weeks I enquired and they said that was sent out the same day.
It took another two weeks to get here.

To answer your question about NOA, it is a physical letter.
However, prior receiving it, you normally get the acceptance message (if you filed the G-1145)
Once you receive the message, you can open the account on https://my.uscis.gov/ and understand if a letter is on its way to you.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

After I wrote about my interview, I realize now that it’s a lot. But I hope it helps someone.

I had my interview on May 5 in San Francisco Field office. I came about 20 min earlier. After a check in, I waited for my officer for about 10 min. The interview itself took less than 20 min. My interviewer was very professional, but I could feel that she was nice.

First, she asked me to take the oath. Then she asked me any forms of ID. I gave her my passport and she also asked me to give her my birth certificate both the original and the translation. I didn’t have a driver’s license or any state issued ID. I was on F1 student visa, so she asked me for my student ID. I forgot to bring it with me (it had always been useless outside my campus, so I never had it with me).

After that, we went over the I-485 form. The whole time she was taking notes with a red pen on a separate paper and on the form itself. She asked if I ever gone by any other names – I said no; if I had ever been married – no; if I had any kids – no. Then she specified if I had any kids anywhere in the world, in other countries. I also said no.

She asked me to show her a copy of the DV fee receipt.

She asked the date of my last arrival to the US. Then my parents’ names and where they lived at the moment.

She asked me if I ever received any government support like food stamps or anything like that. I replied that I went to my college food pantry once. She said that it mattered only if it was government’s support – college support is not a problem.

I was worried that she would ask about all my previous addresses because it was a lot to remember. Fortunately, she only asked the current and the previous address. She also asked who I lived with.

She also asked about the organization I was a member of. It was a Christian fellowship, so maybe that’s why after that she asked if I went to church.

She asked if I had any other visas or any violations. Since I checked yes on the question if I was ever denied visa or admission to the US, she asked me about it. I said that I got denied F1 student visa and then got it the second time after a month or so. She said it was not a problem. She clarified that it interested her more if I had ever been denied entry at the border or something like that

After we went through, I believe, all yes or no questions, she asked me if I wanted to provide any other documents to support my case. I asked her if she needed an appraisal of the property I had back home. She told me that it was not necessary and instead asked me for my I20’s. After that I signed the I-485 form to conclude our interview. Then she went to scan my passport and my birth certificate.

At the end, she told me that they need to make an additional review since I only have foreign documents and no state issued ID. She told me that it should be very quick. She said that they also needed to verify if I, in fact, did not use any other names, did not have any children anywhere in the world and that I actually lived with the people I said I lived with. She then gave me a paper that said that my case needed an additional review. She said that after a quick review I should get a welcome letter in my mail. Then she asked me if had any questions and I asked when I would be getting my green card in the mail. She said it would take 3-4 weeks.

One and a half hour after the interview I checked my case status and it said that the card was being produced. The review was surprisingly super quick, and I got my green card a week after the interview – much faster than what the officer said.

Thank you everyone in this forum! It helped me a lot. I am tremendously grateful!

Last edited:
5E6FB8C7-BB24-4B94-B1AE-9BC0AF56B728.jpeg

People who made the $330 DV fees recently, is this the status that you got when your payment was received by DOS? I’m afraid not! It says”individual picked up”.

Last edited:
View attachment 3496People who made the $330 DV fees recently, is this the status that you got when your payment was received by DOS? I’m afraid not! It says”individual picked up”.
“Individual picked up” actually means it was handed to a person like a security guard etc. Don’t worry about it. I’ve got that a number of times for various items at various places and the items have always been delivered properly.

Hello everyone,

After I wrote about my interview, I realize now that it’s a lot. But I hope it helps someone.

I had my interview on May 5 in San Francisco Field office. I came about 20 min earlier. After a check in, I waited for my officer for about 10 min. The interview itself took less than 20 min. My interviewer was very professional, but I could feel that she was nice.

First, she asked me to take the oath. Then she asked me any forms of ID. I gave her my passport and she also asked me to give her my birth certificate both the original and the translation. I didn’t have a driver’s license or any state issued ID. I was on F1 student visa, so she asked me for my student ID. I forgot to bring it with me (it had always been useless outside my campus, so I never had it with me).

After that, we went over the I-485 form. The whole time she was taking notes with a red pen on a separate paper and on the form itself. She asked if I ever gone by any other names – I said no; if I had ever been married – no; if I had any kids – no. Then she specified if I had any kids anywhere in the world, in other countries. I also said no.

She asked me to show her a copy of the DV fee receipt.

She asked the date of my last arrival to the US. Then my parents’ names and where they lived at the moment.

She asked me if I ever received any government support like food stamps or anything like that. I replied that I went to my college food pantry once. She said that it mattered only if it was government’s support – college support is not a problem.

I was worried that she would ask about all my previous addresses because it was a lot to remember. Fortunately, she only asked the current and the previous address. She also asked who I lived with.

She also asked about the organization I was a member of. It was a Christian fellowship, so maybe that’s why after that she asked if I went to church.

She asked if I had any other visas or any violations. Since I checked yes on the question if I was ever denied visa or admission to the US, she asked me about it. I said that I got denied F1 student visa and then got it the second time after a month or so. She said it was not a problem. She clarified that it interested her more if I had ever been denied entry at the border or something like that

After we went through, I believe, all yes or no questions, she asked me if I wanted to provide any other documents to support my case. I asked her if she needed an appraisal of the property I had back home. She told me that it was not necessary and instead asked me for my I20’s. After that I signed the I-485 form to conclude our interview. Then she went to scan my passport and my birth certificate.

At the end, she told me that they need to make an additional review since I only have foreign documents and no state issued ID. She told me that it should be very quick. She said that they also needed to verify if I, in fact, did not use any other names, did not have any children anywhere in the world and that I actually lived with the people I said I lived with. She then gave me a paper that said that my case needed an additional review. She said that after a quick review I should get a welcome letter in my mail. Then she asked me if had any questions and I asked when I would be getting my green card in the mail. She said it would take 3-4 weeks.

One and a half hour after the interview I checked my case status and it said that the card was being produced. The review was surprisingly super quick, and I got my green card a week after the interview – much faster than what the officer said.

Thank you everyone in this forum! It helped me a lot. I am tremendously grateful!
Congratulations and thank you for the detailed update about the interview. Enjoy your new status !

1. It’s barely a week with two weekends since you mailed the payment. Be patient.
2. Pick whichever response you like, doesn’t matter in the light of your response to the previous question before it.
My cashier's check got cashed today so now just waiting for receipt while I'm finalizing my documents + medical. Hopefully I get the receipt before end of may so I can submit my package before June!

We have biometrics in the first week of June. But we are planing to do a walk-in. If any case if they ask for any reason for walk-in what would be the better answer for that?
We appreciate your answers. Thank you

We have biometrics in the first week of June. But we are planing to do a walk-in. If any case if they ask for any reason for walk-in what would be the better answer for that?
We appreciate your answers. Thank you
I told them that I am a Ph.D. candidate and have summer classes and can not guarantee if I can make it, and they accepted this reason.

I`m a winner of DV2022. In December, 2021 I had got L2S visa and in March, 2022 I arrived to the USA with my family. Are we eligible in such conditions? What exactly means the phrase ‘at the time of “winning the lottery” residing in the United States’?

I`m a winner of DV2022. In December, 2021 I had got L2S visa and in March, 2022 I arrived to the USA with my family. Are we eligible in such conditions? What exactly means the phrase ‘at the time of “winning the lottery” residing in the United States’?
1. L2 allows for an immigrant intent, so you should be ok.
2. Residing in the US as at the time of finding out you’ve been selected as a DV lottery winner.

I posted my DV fee check ($660) to the DOS which was cashed May 6th and I emailed KCC informing them I intended changing from CP to AOS. I received this email back:

"Your case number is now current for interview processing. Once the interview date has been scheduled, ....... If you need to make changes to your DS-260 you should contact the consular section where you will be interviewed, or bring the information about your changes to your interview appointment. Because your case is ready to be scheduled, KCC can no longer unlock your application."

Is there anything I need to do here or can I just send my AOS package to the lockbox and my case will be sent to USCIS?

OC24XX
Current June

1. L2 allows for an immigrant intent, so you should be ok.
2. Residing in the US as at the time of finding out you’ve been selected as a DV lottery winner.
Thank you for the answer. So, we are in USA now, but AOS doesn't available for us because we haven't been in America when I have found out that I am a winner?

Thank you for the answer. So, we are in USA now, but AOS doesn't available for us because we haven't been in America when I have found out that I am a winner?
People in similar positions have been successful with adjusting from H1B which, like L, is a dual intent visa (it allows for immigrant intent). The potential problems arise when people use a non immigrant visa to enter with intent to adjust. It is maybe not letter of the law but my understanding is that you will be ok to apply for AOS - @Sm1smom , do you agree /disagree with this?

Curious, were there any questions asked about your DV selection during your L interview?

People in similar positions have been successful with adjusting from H1B which, like L, is a dual intent visa (it allows for immigrant intent). The potential problems arise when people use a non immigrant visa to enter with intent to adjust. It is maybe not letter of the law but my understanding is that you will be ok to apply for AOS - @Sm1smom , do you agree /disagree with this?

Curious, were there any questions asked about your DV selection during your L interview?
There wasn't any questions..