• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Getting ready for the interview and have a question about finance. My wife (main applicant) is on an F-1 visa, I'm on F-2. We were never authorized to work in the US and never filed any tax returns. Our latest bank statement is about $20k (slightly above the poverty line for LA County). How likely it is we will be considered a potential public charge?

You can follow up with them up with them now.
Hi , I wass wondering if i use my EAD based on AOS of lottery and if my case doesn't get processed by NOV and I use my EAD card. Can i still filled another 485 based on something else and be good with that EAD?

Hi , I wass wondering if i use my EAD based on AOS of lottery and if my case doesn't get processed by NOV and I use my EAD card. Can i still filled another 485 based on something else and be good with that EAD?
Remember that the limit is 30th September and also, remember that with EAD you are breaking your status, so if your I-485 is denied you have to leave as soon as possible.

If your DV based AOS application does not get adjudicated by the end of the FY, the DV AOS based EAD card automatically becomes invalid from that moment. Your eligibility to file some other form of AOS application after using AOS based application depends on your status prior to using that EAD. If it was a dual intent status, you may be able to roll back to that status. Any other status is gone once you use the AOS based EAD card.

I did not, KCC manages all DV lottery files

Thanks , good to know! It seemed strange that most of the cases are approved on the spot and mine is "stuck".
There is nothing strange about your case being “stuck” while others seem to be approved on the spot. Take a look at line 48 of the “AOS FAQs” tab of the AOS process spreadsheet.

If your DV based AOS application does not get adjudicated by the end of the FY, the DV AOS based EAD card automatically becomes invalid from that moment. Your eligibility to file some other form of AOS application after using AOS based application depends on your status prior to using that EAD. If it was a dual intent status, you may be able to roll back to that status. Any other status is gone once you use the AOS based EAD card.
Another question, @Sm1smom

In case the DV visa is not adjudicated by the end of the FY, and provided that I do not use EAD card and stay put with my employer, my NIV will still be valid, is that correct?
What in case no DV visa available by the time of my interview? Also in that case, my current visa will be valid?

In case the DV visa is not adjudicated by the end of the FY, and provided that I do not use EAD card and stay put with my employer, my NIV will still be valid, is that correct?
What in case no DV visa available by the time of my interview? Also in that case, my current visa will be valid?
1. Correct.
2. I don’t quite understand your next set of questions.

Hello,

When we get the SMS from USCIS and the case goes to NBC, does it mean that the risk of rejection for early filing is over? In other words, who is responsible for rejecting because of early filing? Lockbox, or NBC?

Thanks

Hello,

When we get the SMS from USCIS and the case goes to NBC, does it mean that the risk of rejection for early filing is over? In other words, who is responsible for rejecting because of early filing? Lockbox, or NBC?

Thanks
Take a look at the “AOS FAQs” section of the AOS process spreadsheet. Case rejection and case denial due to early filing are have been thoroughly explained there.

In my interview document, they do not ask for any financial documents. they only asked for documents establishing the eligibility for LPR status, birth certificates, marriages certificate, and travel documents. I assume that I get to interview exactly what is requested in this document, right?

I see. No, her current status depends on me. I'm on F1, and now she's on F2 & B2. She never violated her status within the US, which was confirmed by the officer yesterday. The officer said her status was valid all the time. The only issue was the officer kept asking her if she had been denied a visa to the US. She said no, and the officer assumed that my wife didn't really remember the denial. She also answered 'no' on the i485 form. Still, the truth is her visa got denied several times, like 9 years ago, but she eventually got a student visa to the US. Maybe this part caused the officer's attention and need to review the case much longer. Let's see what will happen in the next few days or months.
Lying on a form and to an officer is a red flag. It may not be reason to deny the case (unless the officer decides to formally classify it as wilful misrepresentation), but it’s certainly enough for them to wonder what she’s trying to hide and dig deeper. From what you say it sounds like she did actually remember and knowingly lied? Why?

I think what you are asking is: if you haven’t used DV-based EAD and have not violated your existing status, can you continue on that status if you are not successful getting a DV? The answer is yes.

In my interview document, they do not ask for any financial documents. they only asked for documents establishing the eligibility for LPR status, birth certificates, marriages certificate, and travel documents. I assume that I get to interview exactly what is requested in this document, right?
Don’t assume. Best thing you can do for yourself is to attend your interview fully prepared with everything and anything you can think of that could help your case regardless of what the IL says. It wouldn’t cost you anything to attend the interview with additional documents which you already have and are not listed on the IL, right?

I think what you are asking is: if you haven’t used DV-based EAD and have not violated your existing status, can you continue on that status if you are not successful getting a DV? The answer is yes.
Hi, @SusieQQQ!
I just wanna understand what you mean by Dv based EAD?

Hello, everyone!
I have some concerns in my case!
I came In the US on B2 and file for asylum 2 months later before way before my authorization to stay (6 months) expired.
Now I just got married to a US citizen and send send my AOS, I did send all information about the asylum case when sending the AOS.
I just saw that I’m a 2023 dv lottery winner 5 days ago.
So my questions are:
1. Is it normal that my asylum case is still pending and not closed at this point?

2. When filled for this AOS base on dv regarding my cases how should I proceed to remain things right?

3. People living in the US already should just start the process of AOS or wait for the VB!?
Thanks, all reply are appreciated!

Hello, everyone!
I have some concerns in my case!
I came In the US on B2 and file for asylum 2 months later before way before my authorization to stay (6 months) expired.
Now I just got married to a US citizen and send send my AOS, I did send all information about the asylum case when sending the AOS.
I just saw that I’m a 2023 dv lottery winner 5 days ago.
So my questions are:
1. Is it normal that my asylum case is still pending and not closed at this point?

2. When filled for this AOS base on dv regarding my cases how should I proceed to remain things right?

3. People living in the US already should just start the process of AOS or wait for the VB!?
Thanks, all reply are appreciated!
1. Why would your asylum case be closed?
2 and 3, and your previous question, please carefully read the spreadsheet linked in first post of this thread.

Don’t assume. Best thing you can do for yourself is to attend your interview fully prepared with everything and anything you can think of that could help your case regardless of what the IL says. It wouldn’t cost you anything to attend the interview with additional documents which you already have and are not listed on the IL, right?
I could not agree more.

Hello,
I saw that some people walked in to do their biometrics before the scheduled date like two weeks before. Will it fasten the process? Also, are we suppose to walk in without letting them know or are we suppose to call them beforehand. Just wondering how to go about it.