• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

People in similar positions have been successful with adjusting from H1B which, like L, is a dual intent visa (it allows for immigrant intent). The potential problems arise when people use a non immigrant visa to enter with intent to adjust. It is maybe not letter of the law but my understanding is that you will be ok to apply for AOS - @Sm1smom , do you agree /disagree with this?

Curious, were there any questions asked about your DV selection during your L interview?
Yup, right on.

@Sm1smom, hi, I filed my AOS in OCT and didn't get an interview notice yet, so based on your recommendation, I contacted my senator like three weeks ago, and they said they would inquire on my behalf. I am wondering how long do I have to wait till I contact the senator again? they have not gone back to me yet

@Sm1smom, hi, I filed my AOS in OCT and didn't get an interview notice yet, so based on your recommendation, I contacted my senator like three weeks ago, and they said they would inquire on my behalf. I am wondering how long do I have to wait till I contact the senator again? they have not gone back to me yet
You can follow up with them up with them now.

Does the package acceptance text or email notification from the USCIS lockbox mean that my early filing wasn't rejected or is there still chance of rejection for early filing by the field office? Also, What time of the day does the USCIS Chicago lockbox usually send out the receipt notification of package acceptance?

Does the package acceptance text or email notification from the USCIS lockbox mean that my early filing wasn't rejected or is there still chance of rejection for early filing by the field office? Also, What time of the day does the USCIS Chicago lockbox usually send out the receipt notification of package acceptance?
1. An application can either be rejected or denied due to early filing. Please take a look at the FAQ section of the AOS Process Spreadsheet to understand the difference between "rejection" and "denial"
2. There is no designated time of day.

Hello,
I sent the "DV administrative fee" (cashier check) to the following address and based on the tracking number they got them on April 25.
U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

I did not get a response yet and the tracking number for the self-addressed envelope is not active.
I would appreciate your feedback regarding the following questions.
1. Is it make sense to submit the AOS package before getting the response from USDS?
2. Based on your experience what is the processing time for "DV administrative fee"?

Thank you

Hi everyone,

I accidentally sent in the original DV administrative fee payment receipt with my AOS package without making a copy.

Will I be fine for the interview or is there any way that I could retrieve the DV receipt?

Thank you so much!

Hello,
I sent the "DV administrative fee" (cashier check) to the following address and based on the tracking number they got them on April 25.
U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079

I did not get a response yet and the tracking number for the self-addressed envelope is not active.
1. Is it make sense to submit the AOS package before getting the response from USDS?
2. Based on your experience what is the processing time for "DV administrative fee"?

Thank you
1-From what I read in the forum, there were people who sent their applications without the DV fee receipt and later showed it during the interview, but I personally would not take that risk.
2- For me, the money order was cashed the same day that the package was delivered, and I received the receipt two weeks later in the mail (early May)

Hello,
U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079

Thank you
1. Take a look at the FAQ section of the AOS Process Spreadsheet.
2. Take a look at the current (DV2022) Timeline spreadsheet to get an idea of the average processing time.

Hi everyone,

I accidentally sent in the original DV administrative fee payment receipt with my AOS package without making a copy.

Will I be fine for the interview or is there any way that I could retrieve the DV receipt?

Thank you so much!
You should be fine, although USCIS has been know to misplace sent documents in the past, which leads to the IO requesting another copy of the previously sent document. You may be able to get KCC to email you a copy of the payment receipt. You will need to be "creative" when you reach out to KCC to request a copy of the receipt.

1. Take a look at the FAQ section of the AOS Process Spreadsheet.
2. Take a look at the current (DV2022) Timeline spreadsheet to get an idea of the average processing time.
DV2022 AOS Timeline - the 1st date column is "Lock Box Delivery Date". AFAIK it is the date when the USICS got the AOS package. Please correct me if I am wrong. I don't see any details in the table regarding DV administrative fee payment timeline.

DV2022 AOS Timeline - the 1st date column is "Lock Box Delivery Date". AFAIK it is the date when the USICS got the AOS package. Please correct me if I am wrong. I don't see any details in the table regarding DV administrative fee payment timeline.
Scroll to the end of the spreadsheet - the information is there.

Hi everyone, My status update changed to ‘ interview is scheduled’ and I got an email but still don’t know the date. Does anyone know how long it will be until the letter arrives with the date ?

Hi. I mistakenly used my personal check to pay the dv payment (330$). It was cashed two days after delivery, but I still have not received the receipt (4 days from the cash day). I had contacted kcc to ask for digital receipt but they did not answer me. Now, I want to know could the personal check cause any problem? As long as the check is cashed, should I be worry about it?