• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello, I have a couple questions (I'm sorry if already been answered).

1) Should addresses be translated or in US format? Or it is ok to use the local format/language (Venezuela/Spanish)
2) I am a Computer Engineer, why should I put in te fields "Course of study" and "Degree, Diploma or Certificate received"

Thank you so much for your help!
Course of Study : Computer Science
Degree: Bachelor Degree

Hello, I have a couple questions (I'm sorry if already been answered).

1) Should addresses be translated or in US format? Or it is ok to use the local format/language (Venezuela/Spanish)
2) I am a Computer Engineer, why should I put in te fields "Course of study" and "Degree, Diploma or Certificate received"

Thank you so much for your help!

1. Either is fine, there are very few if any circumstances where it makes a practical difference.
2. The course of study would normally be what you majored in at university, as specified on your transcript.
One would normally state what kind of bachelor or further degree, BS/BSc/bachelor of science, BEng/ bachelor of engineering, MS/MSc, MEng, PhD, DPhil, etc (different countries have different types of degrees and different naming conventions, use what your country/university uses, but write it in English not Spanish)

Hello, 2022EU16xxx here.

I have a doubt about the sequence DS-260 and documents submittal.
I've completed and submitted my DS-260 at the end of July.
Still did not receive the request for documents.

What I did understood until yesterday is that the KCC processes the DS-260 and then requests the documents.

However, when I check on the CEAC website, it says "Completed" and then "The IV Application (form DS-260) has been submitted for this applicant. It will be reviewed when you have submitted all supporting documentation"

Perhaps would be a good idea to submit the documents prior being requested.

So how does exactly works?
1) Is the DS-260 processed after submission and prior the document request? Or it is processed along with the documents, once KCC requests them?
2) Is it correct that the fee is paid later, right? So far, on the CEAC website says N/A, in the field "IV fee". When is paid, normally?

Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot CEAC.jpg
    Screenshot CEAC.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 55
Hello everyone, I am from Venezuela case number 2022SA00001xxx, I received mail from KCC requesting civil documents and I already sent them, today I requested the debit of the 260 to correct the following:

1.- Include high school information
2.- Place in English the information of the university degree
3.- Place in English the name of the present employer
4.- Add master's courses completed although it was not completed
5.- Add university studies that are currently in progress
6.- Add a social network
7.- Modify the embassy for the interview because it places Brazil and Venezuela corresponds to Colombia

Please tell me if I am correct in requesting the unblocking of 260? And, should I resend the documents once I correct the 260?

Thank you for your time
Can you show us what kind of request they have? I want to send the documents without request and do not want to make any mistakes.

Hello, 2022EU16xxx here.

What I did understood until yesterday is that the KCC processes the DS-260 and then requests the documents.

However, when I check on the CEAC website, it says "Completed" and then "The IV Application (form DS-260) has been submitted for this applicant. It will be reviewed when you have submitted all supporting documentation"

1) Is the DS-260 processed after submission and prior the document request? Or it is processed along with the documents, once KCC requests them?
2) Is it correct that the fee is paid later, right? So far, on the CEAC website says N/A, in the field "IV fee". When is paid, normally?

Thank you
I think KCC process the DS260 and then ask you to send docs. Then other area, kccdocuments, process the docs.
How do you check this CEAC? what the url, and with what numbers you get in?

Hello, 2022EU16xxx here.

Thank you
When I get into the CEAC page and put my complete CN, it answer:
  • Invalid Immigrant Visa Case Number.

When I get into the CEAC page and put my complete CN, it answer:
  • Invalid Immigrant Visa Case Number.
Hello Esmeralda you have to put your case number and also the confirmation number( the one that you used to check if you are a winner). Try without the zeros as well!

Hi Everyone,

I'm from Switzerland, I submitted my DS-260 back in May (2021), and still no email today (September 2021) from KCC on how to submit supporting documents. I have 3 questions?

1) Is it normal / should I be worried?
2) Should I push the process by sending the supporting documents directly to KCC without their instruction email?
3) Do I need to pay some fee now?

Would be amazing to get some answers from this forum :)

Thanks a lot in advance!

Hi Everyone,

I'm from Switzerland, I submitted my DS-260 back in May (2021), and still no email today (September 2021) from KCC on how to submit supporting documents. I have 3 questions?

2) Should I push the process by sending the supporting documents directly to KCC without their instruction email?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Is your case number current for October? Better still what is your cn? Just be patient and wait or you can go ahead and submit no challenge. Just make sure you follow the right format for documents.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks a lot in advance!
1. No need to worry about it. It depends of your case number and when it will be current, how many time will KCC need to check the information, provided in your DS-260, are you a single applicant or married with children, etc. 2. You can send the supporting documents without request if you want. Just follow the instructions on the reciprocity page for your country and on your embassy's website as well. You should read about the format of the email and how to name the files, also be careful with the size of them. You can find plenty of information here or on BritSimon's website. 3. No fee for now. You will pay the fee at the embassy, on your interview day.

Last edited:
Hola, tengo una pregunta sobre el boletín de visas. Mi número de caso es SA25XX, como he visto en los boletines de ediciones anteriores, en los últimos meses de septiembre y octubre solo se muestran los números 1500 o 1700, esto significaría que nunca se tramitará mi caso por tener un número alto que ¿Nunca ha aparecido en ningún boletín de visas?

Hola, tengo una pregunta sobre el boletín de visas. Mi número de caso es SA25XX, como he visto en los boletines de ediciones anteriores, en los últimos meses de septiembre y octubre solo se muestran los números 1500 o 1700, esto significaría que nunca se tramitará mi caso por tener un número alto que ¿Nunca ha aparecido en ningún boletín de visas?
I want to understand you, but I can’t. Again, english please.

Hello,

I also have a question about social media accounts vs messagging accounts
I don't recall either telegram or whatsap being in the list of the social media account.
In my DS260 I did not mention them, as I didn't know how to put them and I don't know if they can be classified as social media accounts.

How you all managed it?
Where you able to insert telegram or whatsap?

Hi,
I am a DV 2022 selectee from Sri Lanka, AS16XXX. My interview location will be Singapore as currently residing in Singapore with a working visa.
Any selectees from Sri Lanka whose interview location is in Singapore? Is it wise to attend an Interview in Singapore??
Anyone from Sri Lanka who has attended interviews in Singapore and got approved in the previous years?
please kindly provide your thoughts. It will be really helpful

Hello i got this email from KCC 3 weeks ago after resubmitted my DS260” i did not respond i made my changes already and submitted.
“Records indicate you have resubmitted your DS-260 application. If you would like for your DS-260 to be unlocked again, please respond to this email with your request.”
Should i email them i do not need unlock again?or should i not answer?
Because my CN less than 2000 but still did not get any documents request.
Thanks in advance.

Hello everybody, hope everyone is doing well! I am a DV 2022 selectee from Indonesia, AS4xxx, but currently residing and working in the US, under H-1B (since 2020). I am currently stuck on the DS-260 question where it asks the latest US visa I am on. Technically, it is H-1B but I have been unable to go home and get my visa stamp, thus no visa number for me yet.

In this situation, should I:
- Put H1B as my latest visa, but put my receipt number or
- Put F1 as my latest visa since it has a visa number (but it is already expired)

Thank you so much!