• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello everybody, hope everyone is doing well! I am a DV 2022 selectee from Indonesia, AS4xxx, but currently residing and working in the US, under H-1B (since 2020). I am currently stuck on the DS-260 question where it asks the latest US visa I am on. Technically, it is H-1B but I have been unable to go home and get my visa stamp, thus no visa number for me yet.

In this situation, should I:
- Put H1B as my latest visa, but put my receipt number or
- Put F1 as my latest visa since it has a visa number (but it is already expired)

Thank you so much!
The latest visa you entered the US with is your F1

The latest visa you entered the US with is your F1
Thanks so much for your reply! Well noted.

I've also just learned about the difference between AoS and CP (thanks to your spreadsheet!) -- and it seems that my situation would be better off going down the AoS route. After reading the official guide from state.travel.gov, I don't see anywhere on the guide that gives you the option to go down AoS route. While your spreadsheet is very helpful, I'm curious as to why the guide does not include the AoS option - unless I missed it.

Thanks so much for your reply! Well noted.

I've also just learned about the difference between AoS and CP (thanks to your spreadsheet!) -- and it seems that my situation would be better off going down the AoS route. After reading the official guide from state.travel.gov, I don't see anywhere on the guide that gives you the option to go down AoS route. While your spreadsheet is very helpful, I'm curious as to why the guide does not include the AoS option - unless I missed it.
Yes, you most likely missed it because the information is there. Take a look at Step 3 - If You Are Selected

Hello i got this email from KCC 3 weeks ago after resubmitted my DS260” i did not respond i made my changes already and submitted.
“Records indicate you have resubmitted your DS-260 application. If you would like for your DS-260 to be unlocked again, please respond to this email with your request.”
Should i email them i do not need unlock again?or should i not answer?
Because my CN less than 2000 but still did not get any documents request.
Thanks in advance.
did you send them another email for unlock or what?

did you send them another email for unlock or what?
Yes i submitted my DS260 26th May after after 3 day i request unlock and July i sent an email again about unlock.August 3rd they unlocked after I resubmitted next day they send me this email. I have not been asked send document thats why i start think maybe should i have to respond email.

Yes, you most likely missed it because the information is there. Take a look at Step 3 - If You Are Selected
Yep... just as I submitted that post and re-read the website I def missed it, haha. But thanks!

Anyway just wanted to confirm that I am still eligible to do AoS given my current situation. I am on a H1B as of 2020 (valid until 2023), but have not been able to go back home to receive my visa stamp. Thoughts?

TYIA!

Yep... just as I submitted that post and re-read the website I def missed it, haha. But thanks!

Anyway just wanted to confirm that I am still eligible to do AoS given my current situation. I am on a H1B as of 2020 (valid until 2023), but have not been able to go back home to receive my visa stamp. Thoughts?

TYIA!
As long as you have always maintained status (did not violate any visa/status terms in any way) while in the US you would be eligible. Change of status is as valid for status as entering on a visa.

As long as you have always maintained status (did not violate any visa/status terms in any way) while in the US you would be eligible. Change of status is as valid for status as entering on a visa.
Susie, thanks so much! While "winning the lottery" is exciting, the process can be very overwhelming so thanks again for confirming that for me!

I received email from KCC to send documents (case number 2022AS000007** ) . We just sent the documents (Birth Certificate, Passport , etc ...) , do we know how long it takes to get the interview scheduled ?

Hello
how are you doing family?!
So I want to know the method we should adopt to request the unlocking of the ds260 and I do not know which email address to send and the form of the email
thank you for helping me

I received email from KCC to send documents (case number 2022AS000007** ) . We just sent the documents (Birth Certificate, Passport , etc ...) , do we know how long it takes to get the interview scheduled ?
You must first get ready for scheduling email from KCC which will mean all your docs are in order. Your number is current so you will hopefully get interview as soon as your embassy has capacity. Are you single or with family? When did you submit DS260 and when did you get docs request? Which is ur embassy?

Hello
how are you doing family?!
So I want to know the method we should adopt to request the unlocking of the ds260 and I do not know which email address to send and the form of the email
thank you for helping me
The contact details for kCC and what you need to include in queries to them are in your selection letter.

hi all,

My wife passport is set to expire in January, she wont be able to get a new one until late November.
We have almost all document ready to be sent, is it ok to send with her current password or its required to do it with the new one?
didnt received the documents request yet, EU9xxx.

thx

hi all,

My wife passport is set to expire in January, she wont be able to get a new one until late November.
We have almost all document ready to be sent, is it ok to send with her current password or its required to do it with the new one?
didnt received the documents request yet, EU9xxx.

thx
You can send your documents with the current passport.

Hi guys, I received an email from KCC today to send the additional documents required (case number: 2022EU00016xxx), and I just wanted to ask if there was a specific timeframe that we're supposed to upkeep. The email didn't mention anything of that sort, but seeing as I have to get police certificates from three countries it will take me at least until the end of the month to gather all the necessary documents, and I'm just wondering if that will hurt my chances of getting an interview.

Hi guys, I received an email from KCC today to send the additional documents required (case number: 2022EU00016xxx), and I just wanted to ask if there was a specific timeframe that we're supposed to upkeep. The email didn't mention anything of that sort, but seeing as I have to get police certificates from three countries it will take me at least until the end of the month to gather all the necessary documents, and I'm just wondering if that will hurt my chances of getting an interview.
No, it won’t hurt your chances. Given your CN, it probably wouldn’t even cause a small delay.

Hello

Could you tell us exact date you submitted your DS260?

Thx for letting us know, I've submitted the DS260 on May16, EU9xxx.
Hope will get the request soon as well.