• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

U
Could it be that the 'doc request' email is automatically generated once a CN's DS260's are processed, rather than when the DS260 file is opened. This would make more sense as to why doc requests are not being sent in CN order, or in the order of submission to KCC. CN's that are quicker to process would receive their Doc Request first irrespective of CN, irrespective of date DS260 was submitted and irrespective of how many derivatives there are.

2022OC2**
DS-260 submitted May 11 EST
Documents Submitted w/o request June 29 EST
Family of 2 (husband & wife)
Haven’t heard from KCC yet – patiently waiting
I agree with your hypothesis Syd2022. Curious with your case, have you travelled extensively/lived OS/served in military? I think these sorts of things would take longer to check during their vetting and subsequently longer to be passed to document team triggering the request email.

We have seen such quick movement this month for KCC processing the last of dv21, I am sure if you are current in Nov the request and DQ could happen quite quickly for you!

Could it be that the 'doc request' email is automatically generated once a CN's DS260's are processed, rather than when the DS260 file is opened. This would make more sense as to why doc requests are not being sent in CN order, or in the order of submission to KCC. CN's that are quicker to process would receive their Doc Request first irrespective of CN, irrespective of date DS260 was submitted and irrespective of how many derivatives there are.

2022OC2**
DS-260 submitted May 11 EST
Documents Submitted w/o request June 29 EST
Family of 2 (husband & wife)
Haven’t heard from KCC yet – patiently waiting
We submitted our DS260 on May 9th.
Aug 11th received request for docs.
They were submitted Aug 23rd.

Case No. 2022OC18**
Same as you, husband and wife only.
Minimum travel O/S.
No military.
Clean police record.
Now we wait.
To be honest, with our high C/N I'm hoping it's not till next year, with the current Covid situation in Australia ATM, travel restrictions etc.
We are in Sydney and when is this lockdown going to end?
Is the embassy even open and processing ATM?

Hi Everybody,

I hope you are all staying safe and taking care of you and your loved ones, thanks again to the experienced members of the forum for answering questions here for us with no cost.

On last week's YouTube update from the lawyers with the "ImmPact Litigation" team Charles Kuck mentions that there is at least one consulate scheduling DV2022 interviews (at the 6:54 mark), does anyone has confirmation of this or some other similar information?

Thank you all again for all the help,

--
2022EU21XX (Current for October)
DS-260 Submitted Aug 10th,
Documents Submitted (without request) Aug 11th,
No message from KCC yet

Are you certain about May 23rd?
Yes, we have a group from Venezuela, and in our group they go for May 23, we are waiting for them to ask for it on the following dates which are May 27 and June 10. I just sent it on August 8 and my case number must be updated by November

Is this specified by kcc? Back in the day when we just handed in docs at the consulate we were told we each needed a copy submitted. Reason is that each person gets their own A file. I don’t know if it’s different for kcc submission purposes?
Will I need to send it separately?
we have already submitted it with the file name containing both our names. Will that be enough or do I need to send again?

Hello,I forgot to include my high school education on ds-260,I just included my latest education level which is bachelor degree,should i request to unlock it or leave it like this until interview?20222EU28xx,thanks in advance

Hi Everybody,

I hope you are all staying safe and taking care of you and your loved ones, thanks again to the experienced members of the forum for answering questions here for us with no cost.

On last week's YouTube update from the lawyers with the "ImmPact Litigation" team Charles Kuck mentions that there is at least one consulate scheduling DV2022 interviews (at the 6:54 mark), does anyone has confirmation of this or some other similar information?

Thank you all again for all the help,

--
2022EU21XX (Current for October)
DS-260 Submitted Aug 10th,
Documents Submitted (without request) Aug 11th,
No message from KCC yet

Consulates do not schedule interviews themselves, and the one case that has been reported of an October 3 interview looks fake to me.

I am curious, how does my submission of DS260 affect the chances of a DV winner's application for non-immigrant visa in the future? I am looking at the case of DV2021 winners who never got DQ'd. Does the submission of DS260 register as immigration intent for the US government? Will this go against a winner who never had a chance to be interviewed by a consular officer?

I am curious, how does my submission of DS260 affect the chances of a DV winner's application for non-immigrant visa in the future? I am looking at the case of DV2021 winners who never got DQ'd. Does the submission of DS260 register as immigration intent for the US government? Will this go against a winner who never had a chance to be interviewed by a consular officer?
Yes, DS260 submission, regardless of why it did not lead to a GC, constitutes an immigrant intent declaration.

Yes, it is immigrant intent.
Whether or not it has a detrimental effect is entirely dependent on individual circumstances. Remember that for almost all non-immigrant visas, section 214b of the INA presumes mmigrant intent anyway. So a submitted DS260 makes it a bit harder to disprove, but all the same solid evidence of ties to home is still is what will be deterministic in getting a visa issued.