• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Yes, DS260 submission, regardless of why it did not lead to a GC, constitutes an immigrant intent declaration.
Wow, thanks. So in essence, these guyz are all screwed. Their chances of getting a tourist visa not just to the US but also countries on the FVEY system has been dashed. Goodness! Does one applying for say B1 visa some 5 years down the line absolve one from this initial tag? I mean, immigration intent can easily change in 5 years? or?

mine oh mine! guess one has to be careful when they submit their DS260 then. But then again, when is the best time to send it? Because it is obvious there is no turning back after hitting the enter key

Wow, thanks. So in essence, these guyz are all screwed. Their chances of getting a tourist visa not just to the US but also countries on the FVEY system has been dashed. Goodness! Does one applying for say B1 visa some 5 years down the line absolve one from this initial tag? I mean, immigration intent can easily change in 5 years? or?
Jeez calm down dude, did you read my additional response?

Susie already addressed this in her response which was directly under mine.

Hello...I have a minor question...I submitted my docs on AUG 25 after being requested...and I named the documents in such way : 《FIRSTNAME_MIDDLENAME_LASTNAME_Passport.pdf》...I know this sounds a silly thing to worry about but...I wrote my FULL name in uppercase and the document type in lower case...just as I quoted. Is it a problem??

Hello...I have a minor question...I submitted my docs on AUG 25 after being requested...and I named the documents in such way : 《FIRSTNAME_MIDDLENAME_LASTNAME_Passport.pdf》...I know this sounds a silly thing to worry about but...I wrote my FULL name in uppercase and the document type in lower case...just as I quoted. Is it a problem??

I think it won't be a problem. I didn't see anything about this in the instructions.Counter question. Have you received a request to send documents? What exactly are the documents they asked to send? For example, on the website travel.state.gov The marriage certificate has disappeared from the list of documents. Does it really not need to be provided now?

I think it won't be a problem. I didn't see anything about this in the instructions.Counter question. Have you received a request to send documents? What exactly are the documents they asked to send? For example, on the website travel.state.gov The marriage certificate has disappeared from the list of documents. Does it really not need to be provided now?
They didn't ask any exact documents individually. Just whatever applies to you. The basic documents are Passport, Birth certificate, and Police certificate. Other documents apply if you're married, have children etc...
I received the request on AUG 15. Ds260 submitted on May 12. CN AF2XXX. Current on october.

Hello,I forgot to include my high school education on ds-260,I just included my latest education level which is bachelor degree,should i request to unlock it or leave it like this until interview?20222EU28xx,thanks in advance
I did the same as you. I am just going to take my high school certificate with to the interview

Hi all! I hope you are doing great!

I realize that I forgot to mention my addresess while I was 2 times on J1 Work and Travel visa.

Question1: My stay was under 6 months but do you think i should ask to unlock for that or I can fix it while in the interview day, because my CN is low and regarding the visa bulletin for the last 2 years I will be current in November?

Question2: I heard I can unlock the ds260 when i get 2NL but I should write directly to the
Embassy. Anyone tried this?

Best regards!

Hi all! I hope you are doing great!

I realize that I forgot to mention my addresess while I was 2 times on J1 Work and Travel visa.

Question1: My stay was under 6 months but do you think i should ask to unlock for that or I can fix it while in the interview day, because my CN is low and regarding the visa bulletin for the last 2 years I will be current in November?

Question2: I heard I can unlock the ds260 when i get 2NL but I should write directly to the
Embassy. Anyone tried this?

Best regards!
Do not unlock de form. Do you mention your trips in the section about visits to US?If so, tell this to the consular officers IF THEY ASK you about your trips to US.

Do not unlock de form. Do you mention your trips in the section about visits to US?If so, tell this to the consular officers IF THEY ASK you about your trips to US.
In the travel section there is no choice for the US but I include my visas from that time and also added my work history when I was on J1 Work and Travel visa

Advice needed!!!

my birth certificate has my right order of names. While my passport has the wrong order of names but thesame spelling. On my passport, they made a mistake and put my surname under the given name section and given name under the surname section
when entering the dv lottery, I used the right order of names as in my birth certificate and I also used my passport number and expiry date since my passport is still valid.
on the ds260, the instructions says, data on this page should match that of the passport. I followed suit and put my details as it is in my passport. What can I do in this case, can I get a legal Afidavit to state that the name on my passport is thesame person as the birth certificate.
thank you

Hello, a single DV22 winner here. my docs are passport + birth certificate.
But, I also have to send four police certificates. So I just wanna know best way to prepare them for sending them.

1-When preparing the pdf files, should I put all four countries in one file or should I have four different files with the countries' name tagged at the end of files' names? Can I do both, meaning just do four pdf files for each country AND also another with all four in one pdf file tagged with All4 at the end of its name. So five files in total named: CN_Firstname_Lastname_Police_Certificate_COUNTRY1, ..., _Country4 and CN_Firstname_Lastname_Police_Certificate_ALL4

2-One of the certificates is in German from a German-speaking country. Is this correct that if I'm interviewing at a German-speaking country I shouldn't translate it? Also, if just for further assurance I do translate it to English, is it ok if I just put it the page after the German certificate or should both of them be on the same page? So, in the former case, the CN_Firstname_Lastname_Police_Certificate_Germany would be a pdf file with two pages.

3-One of the certificates is in German but from a non-German speaking country which I haven't been to for many years. I also have an English certificate from the same country that I got in December 2020 (different embassy in another country). Is it fine to include both of them and again should they be on consecutive pages or do they have to be on the same page? P.S. The reciprocity page says the police certificates of that country are deemed unreliable and not required.

4-One of the certificates is from a Turkish-speaking country. I got a certificate produced in English and another in Turkish but then did certified translation on the Turkish one. Again, same thing.

5- Last certificate is a page in English from an English country. so all good.

My common sense says: put the bare minimum for one pdf file named _ALL4, as in just send the two German-language certificates and then the English ones (Turkish-speaking country and the English-speaking country) so just one pdf file with 4 pages named _ALL4. Then also send another four pdf files for each country named _COUNTRY but this time include everything I have for that country in its corresponding file.

I hope I've managed to explain well enough.
Thank you.

Hi
I am new member in your group, I have questions about DV2022,case OC18##
D260 file on May 2021
DQ Sumbited on 11 Aug.2021 with KCC Request
KCC automatic reply wait 3 to 6 week after submit documents.

when I was applied, I am not 18 years old or high school passed, after win, I am 18 and high school passed,
I have questions about complete high school education change date.

I kept date May 2021, for high schools degree, in DS260 but when I was passed high school actual dated in June,2021.
I want answers for that, I need to unlocked DS260 for updated date. or I will change at Interview time.

Hi everyone I've been selected for the 2022 dv. I have a doubt and worried ,Thank you for your help .

1.when submitting the application for the first time I have only put the name of me myhusband and our children ,but I haven't put the names of stepdaughter my husband but I have already submitted ds260 and this from I put the name stepdaughter and filled in she didn't go with us.
So will this result in denial of visa?

@katua
Read instructions https://travel.state.gov/content/da...ons/DV-2022-Instructions-and-FAQs_English.pdf
Page 5, section 14.

Be sure to include:  all living natural children;  all living children legally adopted by you; and,  all living step-children who are unmarried and under the age of 21 on the date of your electronic entry, even if you are no longer legally married to the child’s parent, and even if the child does not currently reside with you and/or will not immigrate with you.

Failure to list all children who are eligible or, listing someone who is not your child, will make you ineligible for a DV and your spouse and children will also be ineligible as Diversity Visa derivative applicants.