• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hi
I am new member in your group, I have questions about DV2022,case OC18##
D260 file on May 2021
DQ Sumbited on 11 Aug.2021 with KCC Request
KCC automatic reply wait 3 to 6 week after submit documents.

when I was applied, I am not 18 years old or high school passed, after win, I am 18 and high school passed,
I have questions about complete high school education change date.

I kept date May 2021, for high schools degree, in DS260 but when I was passed high school actual dated in June,2021.
I want answers for that, I need to unlocked DS260 for updated date. or I will change at Interview time.
You can update at the Interview. No need to unlock for this.

Advice needed!!!

my birth certificate has my right order of names. While my passport has the wrong order of names but thesame spelling. On my passport, they made a mistake and put my surname under the given name section and given name under the surname section
when entering the dv lottery, I used the right order of names as in my birth certificate and I also used my passport number and expiry date since my passport is still valid.
on the ds260, the instructions says, data on this page should match that of the passport. I followed suit and put my details as it is in my passport. What can I do in this case, can I get a legal Afidavit to state that the name on my passport is thesame person as the birth certificate.
thank you
You cannot list your surname as your first on the DS260 regardless of what is listed on your passport. Your first name should be listed under the first name section, same with the last name.

Hi again, we finally got around to filling out our DS-260 form (EU13xxx) and we have to choose the embassy where we want to schedule our interview. We are currently living and working in one country, but we were thinking about scheduling our interview in our home country, because then we won't need to translate supporting documentation (at least that's how I understood if from browsing the forums). Does our reasoning make sense?

You cannot list your surname as your first on the DS260 regardless of what is listed on your passport. Your first name should be listed under the first name section, same with the last name.
Okay. Thank you. Since I already submitted my ds260,
-should I unlock, or unlock at interview.

- Should I go to the interview with an affidavit?

- Should I submit the Affidavit to Kcc when sending supporting documents

Okay. Thank you. Since I already submitted my ds260,
-should I unlock, or unlock at interview.

- Should I go to the interview with an affidavit?

- Should I submit the Affidavit to Kcc when sending supporting documents
Of course you should unlock and make the corrections. Sworn affidavits, especially from most African countries are useless and not worth the paper they’re written on, KCC is not interested in them, the embassy isn’t likely to accord any significance to them either.

Hi again, we finally got around to filling out our DS-260 form (EU13xxx) and we have to choose the embassy where we want to schedule our interview. We are currently living and working in one country, but we were thinking about scheduling our interview in our home country, because then we won't need to translate supporting documentation (at least that's how I understood if from browsing the forums). Does our reasoning make sense?
Take a look at the embassy you wish to interview at to confirm if document translation is required or not. Some do require document translation even the documents are in the official language of the country where the interview is taking place.

Hello, a single DV22 winner here. my docs are passport + birth certificate.
But, I also have to send four police certificates. So I just wanna know best way to prepare them for sending them.

1-When preparing the pdf files, should I put all four countries in one file or should I have four different files with the countries' name tagged at the end of files' names? Can I do both, meaning just do four pdf files for each country AND also another with all four in one pdf file tagged with All4 at the end of its name. So five files in total named: CN_Firstname_Lastname_Police_Certificate_COUNTRY1, ..., _Country4 and CN_Firstname_Lastname_Police_Certificate_ALL4

2-One of the certificates is in German from a German-speaking country. Is this correct that if I'm interviewing at a German-speaking country I shouldn't translate it? Also, if just for further assurance I do translate it to English, is it ok if I just put it the page after the German certificate or should both of them be on the same page? So, in the former case, the CN_Firstname_Lastname_Police_Certificate_Germany would be a pdf file with two pages.

3-One of the certificates is in German but from a non-German speaking country which I haven't been to for many years. I also have an English certificate from the same country that I got in December 2020 (different embassy in another country). Is it fine to include both of them and again should they be on consecutive pages or do they have to be on the same page? P.S. The reciprocity page says the police certificates of that country are deemed unreliable and not required.

4-One of the certificates is from a Turkish-speaking country. I got a certificate produced in English and another in Turkish but then did certified translation on the Turkish one. Again, same thing.

5- Last certificate is a page in English from an English country. so all good.

My common sense says: put the bare minimum for one pdf file named _ALL4, as in just send the two German-language certificates and then the English ones (Turkish-speaking country and the English-speaking country) so just one pdf file with 4 pages named _ALL4. Then also send another four pdf files for each country named _COUNTRY but this time include everything I have for that country in its corresponding file.

I hope I've managed to explain well enough.
Thank you.
Since no-one has managed to answer my question, let me compress my questions:

If I have four police certificates to send: should I send one pdf file for all four documents OR one pdf file for each country meaning four pdf files in total?

Thank you.

If I have four police certificates to send: should I send one pdf file for all four documents OR one pdf file for each country meaning four pdf files in total?

Thank you.
Compressing your questions certainly helps - makes it easier for the few folks who consistently answer questions.
Keep it simple, combine the PCC.

Thank you.
I did send like this: CN_Firstname_Lastname_Police_Certificate_Germany. I believe it is easier for KCC to identify each certificate and where they are from.

Hello, a single DV22 winner here. my docs are passport + birth certificate.
But, I also have to send four police certificates. So I just wanna know best way to prepare them for sending them.

1-When preparing the pdf files, should I put all four countries in one file or should I have four different files with the countries' name tagged at the end of files' names? Can I do both, meaning just do four pdf files for each country AND also another with all four in one pdf file tagged with All4 at the end of its name. So five files in total named: CN_Firstname_Lastname_Police_Certificate_COUNTRY1, ..., _Country4 and CN_Firstname_Lastname_Police_Certificate_ALL4

2-One of the certificates is in German from a German-speaking country. Is this correct that if I'm interviewing at a German-speaking country I shouldn't translate it? Also, if just for further assurance I do translate it to English, is it ok if I just put it the page after the German certificate or should both of them be on the same page? So, in the former case, the CN_Firstname_Lastname_Police_Certificate_Germany would be a pdf file with two pages.

3-One of the certificates is in German but from a non-German speaking country which I haven't been to for many years. I also have an English certificate from the same country that I got in December 2020 (different embassy in another country). Is it fine to include both of them and again should they be on consecutive pages or do they have to be on the same page? P.S. The reciprocity page says the police certificates of that country are deemed unreliable and not required.

4-One of the certificates is from a Turkish-speaking country. I got a certificate produced in English and another in Turkish but then did certified translation on the Turkish one. Again, same thing.

5- Last certificate is a page in English from an English country. so all good.

My common sense says: put the bare minimum for one pdf file named _ALL4, as in just send the two German-language certificates and then the English ones (Turkish-speaking country and the English-speaking country) so just one pdf file with 4 pages named _ALL4. Then also send another four pdf files for each country named _COUNTRY but this time include everything I have for that country in its corresponding file.

I hope I've managed to explain well enough.
Thank you.
Do not clog up your documents, do not send redundant documents. The instructions clearly say that you can send either 4 separate files OR 1 shared file. You don't need to send both. It seems to me that it is better to send separate files with the country specified in the file name.

Who knows if a translation is needed? If I am undergoing an interview at the Ukrainian embassy and my documents are in Ukrainian, do I need to send translations to KCC? You don't need transfers for an interview, but at KCC... who knows?

The Visa bulletin for October is out: C. THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN NOVEMBER

AFRICA 5,300 Except: Egypt 3,000
ASIA 2,700 Except: Iran 1,450
Nepal 1,700
EUROPE 5,300
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 4
OCEANIA 375
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 500

Hi
I am new member in your group, I have questions about DV2022,case OC18##
D260 file on May 2021
DQ Sumbited on 11 Aug.2021 with KCC Request
KCC automatic reply wait 3 to 6 week after submit documents.

when I was applied, I am not 18 years old or high school passed, after win, I am 18 and high school passed,
I have questions about complete high school education change date.

I kept date May 2021, for high schools degree, in DS260 but when I was passed high school actual dated in June,2021.
I want answers for that, I need to unlocked DS260 for updated date. or I will change at Interview time.
Hi. What day in May did you submit the DS260?

The Visa bulletin for October is out: C. THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN NOVEMBER

AFRICA 5,300 Except: Egypt 3,000
ASIA 2,700 Except: Iran 1,450
Nepal 1,700
EUROPE 5,300
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 4
OCEANIA 375
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 500
good progress for Europe. Let's hope we will see 2NLs soon.