• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hi, I have a couple of questions. Please help. I'd greatly appreciate it.

1. When submitting documents by email to KCC, should the translated document be in a separate pdf file OR in the same file with the respective document in the original language? For example: 2022OCXXXXX_John_Doe_Birth_Certificate.pdf --> Should this contain BOTH original and translated? Or, should we submit 2 pdf's for Birth Certificate; one in the original language and another the English translation?

We've received instructions from KCC on how to submit documents and have read them thoroughly, but they only say "must be accompanied by certified translations" and the file naming structure, which I understood, but they don't say if translation should be in the same file or separate.

2. Which comes first: embassy interview or medicals? Are we actually required to complete all the medicals BEFORE the interview? If yes, how do we know where to go? Will there be further instructions on medicals? Just wanted to know the experience of others who have gone through it.

Hi, has anyone tried to send the documents until the KCC sent the request? I am thinking to do that, would this help?
thanks

Hi, I have a couple of questions. Please help. I'd greatly appreciate it.

1. When submitting documents by email to KCC, should the translated document be in a separate pdf file OR in the same file with the respective document in the original language? For example: 2022OCXXXXX_John_Doe_Birth_Certificate.pdf --> Should this contain BOTH original and translated? Or, should we submit 2 pdf's for Birth Certificate; one in the original language and another the English translation?

We've received instructions from KCC on how to submit documents and have read them thoroughly, but they only say "must be accompanied by certified translations" and the file naming structure, which I understood, but they don't say if translation should be in the same file or separate.

2. Which comes first: embassy interview or medicals? Are we actually required to complete all the medicals BEFORE the interview? If yes, how do we know where to go? Will there be further instructions on medicals? Just wanted to know the experience of others who have gone through it.
1. You can send each translation in separate file and in this case just add translation at the end of file name - 2022OCXXXXX_John_Doe_Birth_Certificate_ Translation.pdf. I've sent the documents in one file named 2022OCXXXXX_John_Doe_All_Documents_and_Translations.pdf. Be careful with the file size. You can check BritSimon website for more detailed explanation. As per his guidance, my file was 21-22 MB. For now, I've received automatic email that the documents will be processed in 3-6 weeks time.
2. Medicals are before the interview. Each embassy has approved medical centers. You should check the embassy website where you interview will be. For example, my embassy - London has pre-interview check list where detailed information is given and they even want to bring the printed checklist with you on the interview day. My point is that each embassy has specific guidance and sometimes additional documents or requirements.

Hi, has anyone tried to send the documents until the KCC sent the request? I am thinking to do that, would this help?
thanks
Yes, I've sent the documents a week ago without request from KCC and after few minutes, I received automatic reply that they have my documents. Case number 2022EU41XX. Will see what will happen at the end.

Hi there. I would like to know what impact the DS260 unlock request has. I sent the form on May 12, I received request for documents on July 20. Submit documents July 20. If I ask for an unlocking, which takes 2 months, does this process delay the arrival of the DQ mail? delay the arrival of the 2NL? Thank you.

Hi,
Regarding sending Docs, is there any special format for scanning? I mean, should they be scanned with any special resolution (300 dpi,...), or being legible is enough?

Hi,
Regarding sending Docs, is there any special format for scanning? I mean, should they be scanned with any special resolution (300 dpi,...), or being legible is enough?
been legible is enought. They mention that they can be done with a mobile. But it is very important to be legible.

Hey guys, i'm Moroccan, our native language is Arabic. Is it necessary to translate my documents (birth certificate, police clearance, records.) Which are printed in Arabic or not? I've seen in multiple places that you don't need to translate those in my country until i take them with me to the interview... Hopefully.

Yes, I've sent the documents a week ago without request from KCC and after few minutes, I received automatic reply that they have my documents. Case number 2022EU41XX. Will see what will happen at the end.
Thanks I will do the same. I am tired of waiting and worrying :)
Could you tell me about the format? you listed the documents in the body of the email and attached each of them in pdf format?

Hey guys, i'm Moroccan, our native language is Arabic. Is it necessary to translate my documents (birth certificate, police clearance, records.) Which are printed in Arabic or not? I've seen in multiple places that you don't need to translate those in my country until i take them with me to the interview... Hopefully.

from the above (which is linked from the dvselectee pages https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ersity-visa-prepare-supporting-documents.html), morocco requires English translations of all civil documents. Also in this page KCC says “The applicant and each family member who will accompany the applicant to the United States will need to submit scanned copies and any required translations”

Last edited:
How long is it currently taking for KCC to process docs? Sent them 3 days ago after their request, CN 2022AF3K, likely to be current in Nov

How long is it currently taking for KCC to process docs? Sent them 3 days ago after their request, CN 2022AF3K, likely to be current in Nov
You’re likely to be one of the first to find this out! So please keep the forum updated when you get the ready for scheduling email.

Hi, I just realized on my birth certificate instead of my mother's birth names, I used her name after marriage. But when filling the ds 260, I used her birth names. Should I call for unloading the ds 260 form. Thanks

Thanks I will do the same. I am tired of waiting and worrying :)
Could you tell me about the format? you listed the documents in the body of the email and attached each of them in pdf format?
I wrote my full case number /with the leading zeroes/ in the subject line of the email and attached all documents as a single file, named for example 2022EU00002222_Jane_Doe_All_Documents.pdf. I didn't write anything in the body of the email. In my case, I've sent three separate emails with the same subject line and with attached file of documents for each applicant because of the size limit. As per BritSimon guidance each file size was 21-22 MB. Moreover, I've sent the documents to my husband's email first, so I can check if the file will be received and can be open without problems. Also, as my interview will be in country which is different from my country of origin, I included translations of each document in the files and I've just added _Translations to the file name. Now I'm waiting - in worst case scenario KCC will send me request for documents and I will have to send them again.