• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

The instruction was to provide information about all social handles an applicant has, so you should have listed it regardless if you've posted anything on it or not. You should update your DS260 form.
what about the fact that if you listed your google email, that is the same/linked to your youtube?

do the instructions say not to bother listing them all if they are all signed up with one email? Or do they specifically ask you to list them all, with no qualifier?
I really don’t know why I didn’t include it. I think it was written something like optional and that’s why I didn’t give it so much attention... and after this I started reading in internet forums and articles that said I need to list them all...

Last edited:
Hello,
Those who have won the dv lottery in 2 or 3 successions(2020and 2021 or 2021 and 2022).Did you use the same passport picture??

I really don’t know why I didn’t include it. I think it was written something like optional and that’s why I didn’t give it so much attention... and after this I started reading in internet forums and articles that said I need to list them all...
yeah I assumed they would automatically link your email to find out all your socials, I just sent an unlock request for my peace of mind though.

PS; Is discord considered a social media? I don't have a twitter/instagram but youtube and discord

Hi I had used a picture in which I look the same. So did I use Mh spouses which she looks the same. Except for my kid whose picture I used was the same to that of his passport. He looks different now. When submitting documentation, and going for interview we will still have the same thing; passport submitted of my child will be carry same picture as the lottery entry and visa interview picture of what he looks now. Will this result in denial of visa?

Hi there! I'm currently filling in the DS-260 and have a question regarding the addresses.

During my high school time, I did a 1-year school exchange to the US, and during my undergrad did a semester abroad in Canada. Am I required to put these addresses in as well? I was never 'officially' registered at these addresses and have no real proof that I lived there. During these times, I was fully registered in my home countries' address as well. So basically I lived in two different countries at the same time, and since I cannot put the same two time spans in I have to decide on one right?

Thank you! :)

Hi there! I'm currently filling in the DS-260 and have a question regarding the addresses.

During my high school time, I did a 1-year school exchange to the US, and during my undergrad did a semester abroad in Canada. Am I required to put these addresses in as well? I was never 'officially' registered at these addresses and have no real proof that I lived there. During these times, I was fully registered in my home countries' address as well. So basically I lived in two different countries at the same time, and since I cannot put the same two time spans in I have to decide on one right?

The form isn’t asking about addresses where one was/is formally/officially registered. And it isn’t possible to be physically residing at two different places/countries at the same time. So you need list those addresses regardless IMO.

You lived where you actually were, not where you were “officially” registered. The US has no interest in seeing “registration“ documents for housing. (As an aside, obviously they will know you were in the US for a year yet you want to state you were living in a different country at the same time?! How do you think that’s going to look?)

Hello.

I'm the main applicant and my wife's passport used for applying dv lottery has expired and we have entered the new passport details in ds260. Do we need to send both passports scan or the latest is enough?

Hi I had used a picture in which I look the same. So did I use Mh spouses which she looks the same. Except for my kid whose picture I used was the same to that of his passport. He looks different now. When submitting documentation, and going for interview we will still have the same thing; passport submitted of my child will be carry same picture as the lottery entry and visa interview picture of what he looks now. Will this result in denial of visa?
The instruction was to use "pictures taken within the last six months", not pictures in which one "look the same". So not sure how old the pictures you used on the entry were. Anyway, the good news is we've not heard of cases being denied for using pictures older than 6 months, with the exception of the Bogota embassy DV2019 (? I think?) which denied people for that same reason.

Hello.

I'm the main applicant and my wife's passport used for applying dv lottery has expired and we have entered the new passport details in ds260. Do we need to send both passports scan or the latest is enough?
Your wife's old passport is irrelevant in this case since she's not the main selectee. Her DV entry was not selected, so the passport information used on that entry form is irrelevant as your derivative.

Good evening guys, hope you are doing well.
My CN is AF2022-6XXX, Submitted my form on the 28th of May, didn't receive a request yet, should I send my documents now or just wait? Since all of the required documents are on me since the end of May.

The instruction was to use "pictures taken within the last six months", not pictures in which one "look the same". So not sure how old the pictures you used on the entry were. Anyway, the good news is we've not heard of cases being denied for using pictures older than 6 months, with the exception of the Bogota embassy DV2019 (? I think?) which denied people for that same reason.
Noted. Thanks

Typo error. Should have read 7 months
And the child has changed so noticeably in 7 months? Hmm. Funny you didn’t pick up the typo considering the actual conversation

7 years old pp picture and our passport expires 2023

Wow. Well, I don’t know. They don’t usually enforce the 6 months rule but 7 years is a long time and you’ve made it obvious that it’s so old because it’s a kid. Anyway please keep the forum updated once you have an interview.

Well it’s a blunder. If consular enforces that rule, we are bound for denial. Can’t do much never realized that all these mattered