• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

2NL and DQ email are two different things/stages of the process.

You're getting the DQ-documentarily qualified email (also known as "ready for scheduling") after KCC has processed your DS260 along with supporting docs.

After your CN has become current and the interviewing embassy has available slots for KCC to schedule you, we're receiving the "2NL" which is the second notification letter showing the date of your scheduled visa interview. :D
@miloslaw Thank you very much for the clarification. It is my understanding our number is likely to become current when the October VB is released, (although I am very new to this process, so I could be way off the mark) as we have a low case number. So, fingers crossed we are documentarily qualified in time for November interviews in the event they are able to take place.

2022OC2**
DS-260 submitted May 11 EST
Documents Submitted w/o request June 29 EST
Family of 2 (husband & wife)
Haven’t heard from KCC yet – patiently waiting

@miloslaw Thank you very much for the clarification. It is my understanding our number is likely to become current when the October VB is released, (although I am very new to this process, so I could be way off the mark) as we have a low case number. So, fingers crossed we are documentarily qualified in time for November interviews in the event they are able to take place.

2022OC2**
DS-260 submitted May 11 EST
Documents Submitted w/o request June 29 EST
Family of 2 (husband & wife)
Haven’t heard from KCC yet – patiently waiting
September VB will be for November Interviews. Normally around mid of each month VB is released and 2NL interview appointments are released in the latter part of the same month. Yes your number is likely to be current for November (sept VB)
There are so many other factors in play, we cannot be sure if interview will take place even if number is current.

Hello,

2022AS27xx
I already sent all the documents to KCC (without being asked since 2 Aug). However, I have another problem and I admitted that it was my mistakes.

I looked into my ds260 (for the nth times) and suddenly realize that I did not fill all my social media account and also one of my rarely use email account. I filled only 2 of my accounts, Facebook and linkedIn, but I forgot reddit, youtube etc.

Should I ask the KCC to unlock ds260 ? since I sent all the documents to the KCC.

thank you
Hi Koy,
I have a similar situation to yours, and still hesitating if i need to reopen the DS again. :(

September VB will be for November Interviews. Normally around mid of each month VB is released and 2NL interview appointments are released in the latter part of the same month. Yes your number is likely to be current for November (sept VB)
There are so many other factors in play, we cannot be sure if interview will take place even if number is current.
The September bulletin has already been released https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...in/2021/visa-bulletin-for-september-2021.html

I believe you mean the VB which will be released in September, which is indeed the “October visa bulletin” , as noted by Syd2022.

Hi, I would appreciate anyone who can answer me on this. I have filled the DS260 and already submitted it but remembered that I have not added my YouTube channel as part of social media platforms, my mind skipped it coz practically i do not post anything i just watch and like. However do you think i should ask to reopen the DS to add this missing part?

hi i am going to apply for dv 2022. I'm at the decision stage right now whether I should do AOS or CP. I want to talk a little bit about my own situation. I have been in the USA since 2019. I first came with a j1 visa, then I switched to f1. I am currently an active student. Coming to my question, I worked without permission and paid taxes. What should I do in this situation? Is it better for me to do CP? If I do CP in this process, will I face any ban? because I saw a rule like 180 days, as a result, it was written that there may be a ban for 3 years or 10 years. I am not sure about that.

Hi, I would appreciate anyone who can answer me on this. I have filled the DS260 and already submitted it but remembered that I have not added my YouTube channel as part of social media platforms, my mind skipped it coz practically i do not post anything i just watch and like. However do you think i should ask to reopen the DS to add this missing part?
The instruction was to provide information about all social handles an applicant has, so you should have listed it regardless if you've posted anything on it or not. You should update your DS260 form.

hi i am going to apply for dv 2022. I'm at the decision stage right now whether I should do AOS or CP. I want to talk a little bit about my own situation. I have been in the USA since 2019. I first came with a j1 visa, then I switched to f1. I am currently an active student. Coming to my question, I worked without permission and paid taxes. What should I do in this situation? Is it better for me to do CP? If I do CP in this process, will I face any ban? because I saw a rule like 180 days, as a result, it was written that there may be a ban for 3 years or 10 years. I am not sure about that.
You have basically violated your status with the unauthorized employment, that makes you ineligible for AOS. Your may be okay with CP should you decide to proceed with your DV selection.

Different issues. The violation of status makes you ineligible to do AOS (https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-7-part-b-chapter-2 , see section F). However, if you have not actually overstayed by 180 days or more, you will not face a ban on exiting the US. So it seems to me that CP is the way to go in your case.

You don’t have a two year home residency requirement on your J, I am assuming?

Yes there is no 2 years rule for me. I am currently an active student. I have been here since 2019. Does my unauthorized work make me overstayed? because i have been in US since 2019. I'm just asking to understand and be sure.

Yes there is no 2 years rule for me. I am currently an active student. I have been here since 2019. Does my unauthorized work make me overstayed? because i have been in US since 2019. I'm just asking to understand and be sure.
When did you undertake this unauthorized work? During your J1 or after switching to F1?

I don't have I-797 form. I had a DS 2019 form. I came work and travel program and program ended October 2019. I applied change of status after the program. I'm active student since May 2020

I don't have I-797 form. I had a DS 2019 form. I came work and travel program and program ended October 2019. I applied change of status after the program. I'm active student since May 2020
Has the COS application been approved? If it has been approved, you should have the approval notice which should indicate your duration of authorized stay.

The instruction was to provide information about all social handles an applicant has, so you should have listed it regardless if you've posted anything on it or not. You should update your DS260 form.
Thank you for answering me, If I request to open the DS now it would probably be open for updates by late Oct, this will further delay its processing, right? Can I still expect to be Interviewed on time? My case number is 2022AS22###.. This got me worried now that I'd mess it all up :(

Has the COS application been approved? If it has been approved, you should have the approval notice which should indicate your duration of authorized stay.
Yes it has been approved. I have approval notice about it. I checked it now. Yes form is I-797. I confused the form number. It is valid since may 2020

Yes it has been approved. I have approval notice about it. I checked it now. Yes form is I-797. I confused the form number. It is valid since may 2020
Please pay attention to the question being asked, I honestly don't have the time or patience to spend an inordinate amount of time on a question. I asked for the expiration date. How long is it valid for? Not when the form is valid from.