• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Getting this error when trying to fill in DS-260, is it only me?View attachment 2582
I was getting this same error. If you’ve already entered your case number without the leading zeros (ie 2022OC1234), try again later. I found it would occasionally give me that error even when I was doing everything right, but it would let me in after about 30 mins or so.

Salut. Je suis sélectionné pour 2022 et j'avais joué en single. mon être déjà prévu pour le mois de juin sera malheureusement reporté à une date ultérieure. ma préoccupation est la suivante: j'avais déjà ajouté mon conjoint à ma demande DS-260 mais je ne l'ai pas encore envoyée. Je voudrais savoir comment le retirer de l'application et envoyer mon formulaire car le mariage est prévu pour plus tard. Merci

Salut. Je suis sélectionné pour 2022 et j'avais joué en single. mon être déjà prévu pour le mois de juin sera malheureusement reporté à une date ultérieure. ma préoccupation est la suivante: j'avais déjà ajouté mon conjoint à ma demande DS-260 mais je ne l'ai pas encore envoyée. Je voudrais savoir comment le retirer de l'application et envoyer mon formulaire car le mariage est prévu pour plus tard. Merci
You need to post in English, you were previously requested to do this! This an English speaking forum. Subsequent non English posts will be deleted.

hello every one!

After filling the ds 260 file and sending it. When will I receive an email to send the documents, my number is AS30XX?

Hello, I’m the one who choose the wrong country of chargebility. (I choose Denmark instead of Hungary).

My concern is that the updated 9 FAM does not include the section about choosing the wrong country of chargebility and the fact that they can overlook the error if it’s within the same region.

What could that mean in my situation? Would the officer look at the old guidelines?

thank you in advance!

Hello, I’m the one who choose the wrong country of chargebility. (I choose Denmark instead of Hungary).

My concern is that the updated 9 FAM does not include the section about choosing the wrong country of chargebility and the fact that they can overlook the error if it’s within the same region.

What could that mean in my situation? Would the officer look at the old guidelines?

thank you in advance!

The 9 FAM notes are guidance, not the underlying law. The law hasn't changed, so it is unlikely that COs would start denying cases based on a wrong country within the same region.

The 9 FAM notes are guidance, not the underlying law. The law hasn't changed, so it is unlikely that COs would start denying cases based on a wrong country within the same region.
I apologise for going on about this matter, but I just want to make sure that there is a chance before I submit the DS-260 and pay any fees. Hope you understand.

Looking at the previous lottery numbers on the dvlottery.me site it seems like people from Denmark have a 0.3% higher chance of being selected compared to those from Hungary. Now, since I charged myself to Denmark, would the COs determine that I benefitted from this error and outright deny the application?

I also heard that the raffle was down to per region and not per country, I just don’t understand the dvlottery.me website then.

Am I completely overthinking this?

Last edited:
I apologise for going on about this matter, but I just want to make sure that there is a chance before I submit the DS-260 and pay any fees. Hope you understand.

Looking at the previous lottery numbers on the dvlottery.me site it seems like people from Denmark have a 0.3% higher chance of being selected compared to those from Hungary. Now, since I charged myself to Denmark, would the COs determine that I benefitted from this error and outright deny the application?

I also heard that the raffle was down to per region and not per country, I just don’t understand the dvlottery.me website then.

There is no difference in the selection chance between Hungary and Denmark. None. relax. Yes you are overthinking this.

Hello everyone...I just submitted my ds 260, case 2022 AF2xxx. When(time frame) will I receive an email to send the documents from kcc? Can anyone give me a time a range please. thanks

0.3% is not significant at all. The main issue with benefitting from a selection is people who would otherwise be charged to country that has so many selectees that they get cut off, this is definitely not the case for either Denmark or Hungary.
I don’t know the website you’re talking about but there is huge misinformation on the various DV websites, the only two I trust are this forum and britsimonsays.

My passport(which is actually a travel document) has the following names – surname/given name(which is the first name)/father’s name(which is actually a patronymic name) and no middle name.

The question is, how do I fill out the DS260 form?

I am confused by the fact that in the column Given Names it is written “Your given name includes any first name and any middle name that is listed in your passport or travel documentation. If your passport or travel documentation does not include a given name, please enter ‘FNU’ in Given Names.

Do I have to put my Father’s name in the Given Names column?

Can I enter Father’s Name under “Other names used” instead? Wouldn’t that be perceived as an error?

I couldn’t find any information about this?

Hello I submitted my DS-260 form on the 8th of May 2021. I'm a DV 2022 winner. How long should I wait for email requesting for my supporting documents? My case number is 2022AF34XXX.

Hello I submitted my DS-260 form on the 8th of May 2021. I'm a DV 2022 winner. How long should I wait for email requesting for my supporting documents? My case number is 2022AF33XXX

Hello... As an Engineering student with a DIPLOMA ( 3 years ) of study.

Which category do i choose when filling DS 260 form as Highest level of education completed?
VOCATIONAL SCHOOL
UNIVERSITY DEGREE
UNIVERSITY, NO DEGREE
OTHER

NB: Thought of choosing OTHER then i specify the name of the diploma i have

Congratulations to all selectees. I have a friend's wife that got selected and will do CP (AF00049****).

However, the husband was already in the US and was in the process of applying for refugee status. How can I advise them to proceed?

Thanx

Hello I have a question. What does"current" means in Visa Bulletin .
For example DV 2021 in May in Europe region cut off number was 18k, for June is "current." Does that mean selectees with cn 20 k or more have lost their opportunity to get a Green card?
thanks

Hello I have a question. What does"current" means in Visa Bulletin .
For example DV 2021 in May in Europe region cut off number was 18k, for June is "current." Does that mean selectees with cn 20 k or more have lost their opportunity to get a Green card?
thanks
Current means all case numbers are eligible for interview

Hello everyone...I just submitted my ds 260, case 2022 AF2xxx. When(time frame) will I receive an email to send the documents from kcc? Can anyone give me a time a range please. thanks

Hello I submitted my DS-260 form on the 8th of May 2021. I'm a DV 2022 winner. How long should I wait for email requesting for my supporting documents? My case number is 2022AF34XXX.

No idea as to when KCC will start requesting documents submission

Congratulations to all selectees. I have a friend's wife that got selected and will do CP (AF00049****).

However, the husband was already in the US and was in the process of applying for refugee status. How can I advise them to proceed?

Thanx
Did she include her husband on her eDV entry? If she did, she can proceed with CP without her husband, unless of course he’s ready to abandon his asylum filing and join her via CP. The husband is most likely out of status, he wouldn’t be eligible to process AOS as a DV derivative in that case.