• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello... As an Engineering student with a DIPLOMA ( 3 years ) of study.

Which category do i choose when filling DS 260 form as Highest level of education completed?
VOCATIONAL SCHOOL
UNIVERSITY DEGREE
UNIVERSITY, NO DEGREE
OTHER

NB: Thought of choosing OTHER then i specify the name of the diploma i have
please i need help

please i need help
Different countries have different systems. It’s not clear to me, at least, what you actually have. Did you go to a university but do a diploma course rather than a full degree there? Did you go to another type of college and get a diploma there? Both of these are possible.

After High school you can choose to do 3 year tertiary program and graduate with a HND ( Higher National Diploma)

or 4 years at the university and graduate with Degree..

i did 3 years Dipoma program at a Technical university

After High school you can choose to do 3 year tertiary program and graduate with a HND ( Higher National Diploma)

or 4 years at the university and graduate with Degree..

i did 3 years Dipoma program at a Technical university
ok. Well, I wouldn’t lose sleep over this part, I would choose either university no degree, or other and explain it as you have, a diploma from a technical university. You do actually list the qualifications you’ve received as well in the DS260 form.

ok. Well, I wouldn’t lose sleep over this part, I would choose either university no degree, or other and explain it as you have, a diploma from a technical university. You do actually list the qualifications you’ve received as well in the DS260 form.
Thank you soo much

There is no fee for submitting DS260. The only fees to DoS you pay as a CP selectee are the $330 interview fee (at the embassy), and if successful the $220 immigrant (green card) fee to uscis.
@SusieQQQ , hi and thank you for your help! my brother's case # is 2022EU000248XX. i submitted the DS-260, however, after submission i tried to click on FEES tab to pay fees but i was receiving the same error message, also wasn't able to fill out the "Choice of Address and Agent" form? what should i do now? Thanks again!

Last edited:
@SusieQQQ , hi and thank you for your help! my brother's case # is 2022EU000248XX. i submitted the DS-260, however, after submission i tried to click on FEES tab to pay fees but i was receiving the same error message, also wasn't able to fill out the "Choice of Address and Agent" form? what should i do now? Thanks again!
There are no fees to pay, I don’t know what you were clicking on or what form you are trying to fill out, your address is already in the DS260?

There are no fees to pay, I don’t know what you were clicking on or what form you are trying to fill out, your address is already in the DS260?
yes, you are right, there is a box for address in the DS260. Please see my screenshot attached.

Attachments

• DS-260 fee.PNG
    DS-260 fee.PNG
    122 KB · Views: 32
Well it says n/a for the fee. So why are you trying to pay it? DV visa fees are paid at the embassy.
sorry i wasn't clear from the beginning . what happened is i filled out the DS-260 form and clicked on 'Submit' button. then i realized there were tabs for 'Fees' and 'Choice of address and agent '. i clicked on them and i got an error message. my thought was since i submitted the form, they are not clickable, i cannot see the tabs bc my DS-260 is completed. That's why i got worried . i thought i should click on Fees tab to pay fees first then fill out the the DS-260 form and submit. hope it makes sense now. Thanks again!

Did she include her husband on her eDV entry? If she did, she can proceed with CP without her husband, unless of course he’s ready to abandon his asylum filing and join her via CP. The husband is most likely out of status, he wouldn’t be eligible to process AOS as a DV derivative in that case.
She included her husband in the DV application. I don't understand what you mean by "he wouldn’t be eligible to process AOS as a DV derivative in that case".

She included her husband in the DV application. I don't understand what you mean by "he wouldn’t be eligible to process AOS as a DV derivative in that case".
He needs to be in status (and to have always have remained in a lawful status) to adjust status via DV. Typically (but not always) asylum applicants have fallen out of status at some point in their process.

If the husband is not in a valid status after the wife enter’s the US as a LPR, he will not be eligible to file AOS. AOS requires being in a valid status. Which status did the husband enter the US on and is he currently maintaining that status?

He needs to be in status (and to have always have remained in a lawful status) to adjust status via DV. Typically (but not always) asylum applicants have fallen out of status at some point in their process.
So what is his best course of action?
1. Wife files without him (I am not sure how this is done, you leave out the husband in the DS260, or state that he would follow later?)
2. Leave US to do CP in third country. But wouldn't the husband's refugee claim become an issue? That is, his overstaying?

If the husband is not in a valid status after the wife enter’s the US as a LPR, he will not be eligible to file AOS. AOS requires being in a valid status. Which status did the husband enter the US on and is he currently maintaining that status?
Initially he was on a visitor's visa, but then applied for refugee status.

1. Wife files without him (I am not sure how this is done, you leave out the husband in the DS260, or state that he would follow later?)
2. Leave US to do CP in third country. But wouldn't the husband's refugee claim become an issue? That is, his overstaying?
1. I already answered this when I stated wife proceeds with CP without the husband. She does not submit the DS260 for the husband unless he plans on leaving the US to go join her in processing CP.
2. The asylum case becomes abandoned once he departs while it is pending.

1. Answer “no” to “is this family member immigrating with you” in the DS260.
2. Yes, if he has overstayed longer than 180 days there is a ban. When did his B status expire?

If he has overstayed long enough for a ban (well I guess if he hasn’t by now he will have by the time she interviews) I don’t really see what valid option there is other than she does DV via CP and he continues his asylum case.

Hi guys,

got selected for dv2022 and got 2022EU23xxx so I’ve got a bit of time before I need to send out my ds260. My worry is I’m about to get married in October and he is from the Uk.
I would like to add him to my case number but I just found out that the Uk doesn’t have a high school diploma (he didn’t do any higher education). He’s got GCSE though. Does that work ? If not, is there anything I can do ? What’s the high school diploma equivalent for the UK ?
Many thanks !

Hi guys,

got selected for dv2022 and got 2022EU23xxx so I’ve got a bit of time before I need to send out my ds260. My worry is I’m about to get married in October and he is from the Uk.
I would like to add him to my case number but I just found out that the Uk doesn’t have a high school diploma (he didn’t do any higher education). He’s got GCSE though. Does that work ? If not, is there anything I can do ? What’s the high school diploma equivalent for the UK ?
Many thanks !
Education of derivatives doesn’t matter, just yours as principal.