• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Oh wow, that’s great ! And it doesn’t matter he’s from the Uk (I.e not eligible usually) ?

thanks for the speedy response

1. Answer “no” to “is this family member immigrating with you” in the DS260.
2. Yes, if he has overstayed longer than 180 days there is a ban. When did his B status expire?

If he has overstayed long enough for a ban (well I guess if he hasn’t by now he will have by the time she interviews) I don’t really see what valid option there is other than she does DV via CP and he continues his asylum case.
Thank you SusieQQQ and Sm1smon for your informative answers. One last question. If he abandons his refugee claim and go to a third country for CP, does the fact that he once applied for refugee status present a problem for him during interviews?

Thank you SusieQQQ and Sm1smon for your informative answers. One last question. If he abandons his refugee claim and go to a third country for CP, does the fact that he once applied for refugee status present a problem for him during interviews?
Hard to tell. There is a practical problem with this though, because mostly you can’t use a third country with no claim to citizenship or residence there to interview. And obviously going back to the COP would raise questions about the validity of the asylum claim. And even if they can find a third country embassy willing to interview them, there could still be a ban for overstay triggered when he leaves, I’m not sure from what you’ve said if he will have one but if so that will prevent him being issued a DV visa.

Hello,
I go to the website to fill in the ds-260 form and it says my information is not correct. I enter all my information correctly, but I cannot proceed to the next step. I want your help. I have this mistake...

The case information you entered does not match our records. Please try again or contact the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) by email (kccdv@state.gov) or by phone (Public Inquiry Phone Number 606-526-7500 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EDT Monday – Friday) for further assistance.

Hello, I have been selected
I have the required level, I am in master at the university
but my partner doesn't have the baccalaureate, she must also meet the level requirement.
Thank you in advance

but my partner doesn't have the baccalaureate, she must also meet the level requirement.
Thank you in advance
Only principal applicant must meet the educational requirement.

one more question please
concerning my son, when I was playing for the beginning his mother was still pregnant but he was born last November, I added him of course but when filling his part I was asked for his travel document but at the moment he doesn't have a passport yet so I checked another document to be able to send the DS-260 but I'm going to apply for a passport for him right now
I hope it will not be a problem

Hi everyone,
those who've been selected and already submitted DS-260 please advise. What US permanent address I should put in there if I don't have any and don't know anyone in US? I guess most of people who are 'playing' the lottery don't have any US address or know anyone in US.

Hello,
I go to the website to fill in the ds-260 form and it says my information is not correct. I enter all my information correctly, but I cannot proceed to the next step. I want your help. I have this mistake...

The case information you entered does not match our records. Please try again or contact the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) by email (kccdv@state.gov) or by phone (Public Inquiry Phone Number 606-526-7500 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EDT Monday – Friday) for further assistance.
Leave out the middle zeroes in the case number.

Hi everyone,
those who've been selected and already submitted DS-260 please advise. What US permanent address I should put in there if I don't have any and don't know anyone in US? I guess most of people who are 'playing' the lottery don't have any US address or know anyone in US.
The US address is not optional, that's where they'll send your green card after all has been done.

Hi everyone,
Put a placeholder address like a hotel so you can submit the form. You can update it to a “real” address at interview and/or at port of entry - you’ll certainly need a real address (where your green card & SS card will get sent to) by the time you enter.

Hello family.
I had a concern that bothers my mind.
I work in the informal sector and I don't know what to fill in '' what is ur primary occupation ?! "
Since I may be asked for a supporting document and I will not know what to show ?!
What do you advise me to do ?!

Hello family.
I had a concern that bothers my mind.
I work in the informal sector and I don't know what to fill in '' what is ur primary occupation ?! "
Since I may be asked for a supporting document and I will not know what to show ?!
What do you advise me to do ?!
Truthful answer what you do. They don’t ask for proof (unless you are qualifying based on work experience). Informal sector work is still work.

one more question please
concerning my son, when I was playing for the beginning his mother was still pregnant but he was born last November, I added him of course but when filling his part I was asked for his travel document but at the moment he doesn't have a passport yet so I checked another document to be able to send the DS-260 but I'm going to apply for a passport for him right now
I hope it will not be a problem
That’s not a problem.

Thank you in advance
The principal applicant (you) only need to show that you passed high school.

Hello,

Stop trying. If you keep trying you could lock your access and it can be a pain getting it unlocked.

What you need to do is carefully check the info you should enter using methods I explain in this video. It is possible you mixed up your date of birth, and I show you how to check that.