• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello,
I’m 2022 winner, can you please help with question.

I’m Russian citizen and US consulate was officially closed in Moscow 2 weeks ago (they are accepting only us citizens in emergency cases, this info on their official website). All this because political problems, so I don’t think it will be reopen/resolved anytime soon.
Can I get interview in different country consulate? I read that you have to be resident or citizen of that country, but here is really no other way to be interviewed in Russia. Any steps I can take?
There are some countries, which don’t have US consulate, I know they are able to go to US consulates of another countries.
Please help with advice and steps I can take.

Hello every one,

I've been selected for DV 2022, and I am filling the DS260. I am stuck with the question "is your mailing address the same as your actual address".
I would like to know if I can change my mailing address after submitting my DS260 because I don't know if I am going to stay in my actual place.
Another option is to set the address to my parents home address which is in another country than the one I'm living in right now. Please help.

Hello,
I’m 2022 winner, can you please help with question.

I’m Russian citizen and US consulate was officially closed in Moscow 2 weeks ago (they are accepting only us citizens in emergency cases, this info on their official website). All this because political problems, so I don’t think it will be reopen/resolved anytime soon.
Can I get interview in different country consulate? I read that you have to be resident or citizen of that country, but here is really no other way to be interviewed in Russia. Any steps I can take?
There are some countries, which don’t have US consulate, I know they are able to go to US consulates of another countries.
Please help with advice and steps I can take.
For countries without a US embassy/consulate, KCC automatically selects a nearby embassy in another country for the selectees from those countries. Right now, things are not the same, most embassies are not working at full capacity, no idea how the KCC will handle the case of DV 2022 selectees in Russia. I think you’ll need to exercise some patience for now, the 2022 FY hasn’t even started.

Hello every one,

I've been selected for DV 2022, and I am filling the DS260. I am stuck with the question "is your mailing address the same as your actual address".
I would like to know if I can change my mailing address after submitting my DS260 because I don't know if I am going to stay in my actual place.
Another option is to set the address to my parents home address which is in another country than the one I'm living in right now. Please help.
It is possible to update the DS260 form after submitting it (by contacting KCC and requesting they unlock the form). However, nothing gets sent by post or regular mail, so don’t overthink this, just use your best judgment.

It is possible to update the DS260 form after submitting it (by contacting KCC and requesting they unlock the form). However, nothing gets sent by post or regular mail, so don’t overthink this, just use your best judgment.
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate.

Hi Case No AF6*** I'm currently in Qatar but want to do my interview in Kenya which address should I input as the current the Kenyan or the Qatar address, also when would you advice me to submit Ds260 with Case No AF6***

Last edited:
Hi Case No AF6*** I'm currently in Qatar but want to do my interview in Kenya which address should I input as the current the Kenyan or the Qatar address, also when would you advice me to submit Ds260 with Case No AF6***
I think that the interview place depends on the address you gave when filling the DV selection. I am from Africa and lives in Germany, my interview will be in Frankfurt because I gave my German address.

Hi congratulations to DV2022.
I was DV2020 selectee and got my visa on January 2020, My friend is DV2022 selectee with very low case number 2022AF25xx but when he apply the DV, he did not have passport so he choose the third option which is passport waiver even though he is not eligible. he choose as matter of simplicity just to enter the DV.
I know this may result disqualification but he asked my opinion and I told him look here is the rule do not enter the DV lottery without proper passport and educational level. So you can try and see but I would not give you hope since it is disqualification.
I would like to hear if there is any denial of visa based on the passport requirements.

Hi congratulations to DV2022.
I was DV2020 selectee and got my visa on January 2020, My friend is DV2022 selectee with very low case number 2022AF25xx but when he apply the DV, he did not have passport so he choose the third option which is passport waiver even though he is not eligible. he choose as matter of simplicity just to enter the DV.
I know this may result disqualification but he asked my opinion and I told him look here is the rule do not enter the DV lottery without proper passport and educational level. So you can try and see but I would not give you hope since it is disqualification.
I would like to hear if there is any denial of visa based on the passport requirements.
If he wants to waste $800 or so on medical and interview fee to get told he will be disqualified he can, but it seems a little silly. They are very clear that there is no leeway on this.

As for asking for interview experiences for him to look for, you are looking for a small subset of selectees who lied on their forms about being eligible for a passport waiver and still decided to go ahead with an interview and managed to be one of the few who has managed to get an interview appointment since the ban ended and posted about it on the internet somewhere? Well

If he wants to waste $800 or so on medical and interview fee to get told he will be disqualified he can, but it seems a little silly. They are very clear that there is no leeway on this.

As for asking for interview experiences for him to look for, you are looking for a small subset of selectees who lied on their forms about being eligible for a passport waiver and still decided to go ahead with an interview and managed to be one of the few who has managed to get an interview appointment since the ban ended and posted about it on the internet somewhere? Well
Hi SussieQQQ
Well you affirm my doubt I know it is sad but it is what it is. I told him my honest opinion but some time when you got selected and got your visa and some one asked you opinion related the process if I don’t say what he need to hear, He may think that i am envious. So I am just telling him I don’t see any chance you can get visa but if that is what you want I wish you the best of luck.

Have you ever heard of a case, when parent did not list their newborn baby in their initial entry, got selected and were issued visas successfully?

hi everyone,

There is a question about:
Provide the following information on your last U.S. visa:

My last actual visa was a J1 in the passport, but then I had a AOS to B2 and stayed another few months.
What information do you put in that section, the B2 is just a paper (I-797A).

Anyone have a similar situation?

SusieQQQ

Yes, baby was born a few days before entry. I know, but they are still thinking to try.
Well, there is reason the US photos website even has tips on how to photograph a baby for the entry. (I remember because we did this on our first entry, baby was like a week or two old at that stage!) They understand all the payment is upfront and they lose it when they get disqualified, correct?

hi everyone,

There is a question about:
Provide the following information on your last U.S. visa:

My last actual visa was a J1 in the passport, but then I had a AOS to B2 and stayed another few months.
What information do you put in that section, the B2 is just a paper (I-797A).

Anyone have a similar situation?
Last Visa = J1 visa information.
You did not do or have AOS to B2, you filed EOS from J1 status B2 status. You did not get issued with a B2 visa, the the I-797 you have is for status change not visa issue.

Well, there is reason the US photos website even has tips on how to photograph a baby for the entry. (I remember because we did this on our first entry, baby was like a week or two old at that stage!) They understand all the payment is upfront and they lose it when they get disqualified, correct?
Yes they know the rules.

Well, they are considering at the moment, they want to try but they have not decided yet.

Hello,

I am a winer for DV2022, my case 25xxx was selected for further processing in the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program for the fiscal year 2022.

I am writing to you in regards to the following issue. My current passport (which I used when applying to DV 2022) expires in March 2022. I am wondering what your suggestion is moving forward: to continue with DS-260 application form with this old passport with expiry date of March 2022 OR get a new passport first and then start the DS-260 application with my new passport. Please let me know can you tell me the best solution so that I do not risk and be successful for the following procedure

Thank you in advance for your time and help in this matter.

Hello,

I am a winer for DV2022, my case 25xxx was selected for further processing in the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program for the fiscal year 2022.

I am writing to you in regards to the following issue. My current passport (which I used when applying to DV 2022) expires in March 2022. I am wondering what your suggestion is moving forward: to continue with DS-260 application form with this old passport with expiry date of March 2022 OR get a new passport first and then start the DS-260 application with my new passport. Please let me know can you tell me the best solution so that I do not risk and be successful for the following procedure

Thank you in advance for your time and help in this matter.
Opinion only: if I were you I would not wait till March 2022 to fill in DS260 - it’s not urgent given your number (assuming it is indeed 3 not 2 x’s), but I still wouldn’t wait that late. When you get a new passport you can update the DS260 if you have not been scheduled for interview yet, or bring it to the interview if you have. Remember to either keep the old passport or, if you are not allowed to, to make a copy of the biographic page to bring to the interview.