• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Do I have to include my husband's Military Record when I send documents as he is not a principal winner but a derivative?
Also, Do I have to send our Birth Certificates if I send our passports and we are grown up adults?

Regardless what the issuing office tells you, US DoS considers all police certificates valid for two years. This is also specifically mentioned in the instructions for selectees.
Thank You, Susie, Police Certificate and Military Record also must be included with an e-mail?

Hi
Does anyone know when we should normally receive the email from Kcc and how long before the interview (knowing that our number is current in November)?

, Hello everyone, Please we are a family of five and have won the D V lottery this year. Please because of the financial challenge we have decided to propose for two of us that (that is husband and wife ) and later come for the three children. We are talking about this decision for the following reasons.
1. Because of financial challenges.
2. We are told it's difficult for someone to host a family of five.
Please, if we decide to come back for them in later years( 4 years) will they come as green card holders or none immigrate( visitors).
Do you think we are making the best decision?
Please how will you advise us? (Age of children (4, 6, 8)
Thank you.

, Hello everyone, Please we are a family of five and have won the D V lottery this year. Please because of the financial challenge we have decided to propose for two of us that (that is husband and wife ) and later come for the three children. We are talking about this decision for the following reasons.
Please, if we decide to come back for them in later years( 4 years) will they come as green card holders or none immigrate( visitors).
Thank you.
Hello
I'm not sure I understand...

Sorry for typing in error.
#we have decided that two of us (wife and husband) will go first and later come for the children #

Sorry for typing in error.
#we have decided that two of us (wife and husband) will go first and later come for the children #
Forgive me for asking, but can you leave your children so much time away from you? And again, is this allowed under the lottery rules? I thought one of the parents would stay with the children.

In instructions says: "Persons who have served in the military forces of any country must submit a copy of their military record."
But if a person is excused from serving due to a health problem (has all needed documents to prove that), still has to submit by e-mail this document right? otherwise, KCC can consider that as a missing document, correct?

Thank you.
If you do not process your DV selection with your children as your derivatives, it will cost you more money and time to get them to the US whenever it’s you’re ready to do so. You will need to sponsor them when you’re ready for them to join you in the US, you will need to meet a certain financial threshold, and the application process could take two years or more. You’re really better off processing your kids with you now, but you know your situation better. You’ll need to decide as to if you’re making the best decision or not based on what you now know.

Forgive me for asking, but can you leave your children so much time away from you? And again, is this allowed under the lottery rules? I thought one of the parents would stay with the children.
Of course it is allowed. There’s no DV rule or law that says a selectee must relocate and live in the US with their derivatives if they do not wish to.

Ok!
-Do you think i'll also have to modify the page about “present address information” as soon as i arrive in U.S? Even if i decide to do the interview at the embassy in Italy?
-Next week I have the flight for U.S., maybe I can wait to arrive in U.S. to ask to kcc to unlock my ds260 or world it be better ask for the unlock as early as possible? I don't know how long does this process take
I don't know if address update is necessary or not but you can already ask KCC to unlock your form because sometimes they take more than a week to answer.

If you do not process your DV selection with your children as your derivatives, it will cost you more money and time to get them to the US whenever it’s you’re ready to do so. You will need to sponsor them when you’re ready for them to join you in the US, you will need to meet a certain financial threshold, and the application process could take two years or more. You’re really better off processing your kids with you now, but you know your situation better. You’ll need to decide as to if you’re making the best decision or not based on what you now know.
Thanks for the response, Please if they eventually get to the US will they receive a green card or visitors visa? When later they attend school will they attend as international students or permanent residents? I wish I go with them but unfortunately, we won through an agent and the cost is devastating. That is why I want to properly examine the situation before I unlock to include them.
Your suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for the response, Please if they eventually get to the US will they receive a green card or visitors visa? When later they attend school will they attend as international students or permanent residents? I wish I go with them but unfortunately, we won through an agent and the cost is devastating. That is why I want to properly examine the situation before I unlock to include them.
Your suggestions are welcome.
If you wish for them to eventually join you and your wife in the US, you will need to sponsor them to come to the US as permanent residents (GC).
By the way, I hope the agent who registered you included your children on your entry form, and the agent also used your valid passport information.