• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hi everyone,
I'm italian and I knew to have been selected for the dv2022 (case no 20xxx) when I had already started the process to obtain j1 visa to work in USA. This means that when i submitted my ds260 I hadn't got yet the j1 visa.

Now i have some questions for you:
1. What should I do with the ds260? May I ask to kcc to unlock my ds260 to add that I've already hold a j1 visa (issued in august)? Yesterday i have received the “documents-required“ email from kcc and I've already sent documents.
2. At the end of september, I'll go to USA but I'd like to complete the process to obtain green card in Italy. Choosing this way, I'm wondering if, after the interview in embassy (in Italy), i'll be able to come back in USA or if after the interview i won't have any visa/passaport so i'll have to wait months before comune back to USA?

thank you very much!

Hi everyone,
I'm italian and I knew to have been selected for the dv2022 (case no 20xxx) when I had already started the process to obtain j1 visa to work in USA. This means that when i submitted my ds260 I hadn't got yet the j1 visa.

1. What should I do with the ds260? May I ask to kcc to unlock my ds260 to add that I've already hold a j1 visa (issued in august)? Yesterday i have received the “documents-required“ email from kcc and I've already sent documents.
2. At the end of september, I'll go to USA but I'd like to complete the process to obtain green card in Italy. Choosing this way, I'm wondering if, after the interview in embassy (in Italy), i'll be able to come back in USA or if after the interview i won't have any visa/passaport so i'll have to wait months before comune back to USA?

thank you very much!
1. is there a field asking what visas you were issued? I only recall one for trips to the US?
2. You will probably need about 2-3 weeks in Italy to complete the medical before the interview and wait for your visa/passport return, assuming there are no extended checks needed after the interview. Check with the panel doctor there the minimum time before the interview you are able to do the medical so that the results are available in time for the visa interview.

Hi everyone,

thank you very much!
In addition to what Susie already said above, you want to make sure that J1 visa is not subject to a 2YHRR. If it is, once you activate the visa you will need to go through the process of obtaining a waiver before you can complete the DV process. Also your ability to return to the US immediately may depend on how long it takes for your to clear the background check.

I am equally a selectee just like you and I have been following carefully discussion on this forum and BritSimon's blog and Youtube channel. I believe with the information you have provided, knowing you CN will be currently in November it is a good idea to send in your document now even if you have not received document request email. You have nothing to loose if the request comes in later when you have already sent your documents.
Thank you for your advice.

Has anyone already received a letter from KCC with a list of documents? What are they requesting?

Thanks for the link. I saw this video. But I'm worried if the list of documents has changed. Because I want to send my documents a little in advance. And, for example, on the website travel.state.gov, a marriage certificate disappeared from the list of documents. Therefore, it would be useful to obtain information from those who received the letter directly with the lists of documents.

Thanks for the link. I saw this video. But I'm worried if the list of documents has changed. Because I want to send my documents a little in advance. And, for example, on the website travel.state.gov, a marriage certificate disappeared from the list of documents. Therefore, it would be useful to obtain information from those who received the letter directly with the lists of documents.

Where do you think I got the information from?

1. is there a field asking what visas you were issued? I only recall one for trips to the US?
2. You will probably need about 2-3 weeks in Italy to complete the medical before the interview and wait for your visa/passport return, assuming there are no extended checks needed after the interview. Check with the panel doctor there the minimum time before the interview you are able to do the medical so that the results are available in time for the visa interview.
Thank you Susie!
Attached there is an example of ds about the “previous travel information” that are required to fill it in. When I submitted my ds260, I said that I’ve never been issued a US visa but now I don’t know if I have to change this answers. What do you think? Thank you again!

Attachments

• C0582DE1-6031-4A62-B7AF-D6B792315B8E.jpeg
    C0582DE1-6031-4A62-B7AF-D6B792315B8E.jpeg
    393.1 KB · Views: 25
In addition to what Susie already said above, you want to make sure that J1 visa is not subject to a 2YHRR. If it is, once you activate the visa you will need to go through the process of obtaining a waiver before you can complete the DV process. Also your ability to return to the US immediately may depend on how long it takes for your to clear the background check.
Thank you! My J1 visa is not subjected to the “two years rule”

Thank you Susie!
Attached there is an example of ds about the “previous travel information” that are required to fill it in. When I submitted my ds260, I said that I’ve never been issued a US visa but now I don’t know if I have to change this answers. What do you think? Thank you again!
Oh ok - then yes you should update it in the visa field.

I would like to unlock DS260 to add my new address but I already sent the documents. Is it possible to ask them to unlock and change that while they are processing the case or is it too late now?

I would like to unlock DS260 to add my new address but I already sent the documents. Is it possible to ask them to unlock and change that while they are processing the case or is it too late now?
It's not too late. You can unlock and correct the information.

Hi Esmeralda,

Any idea to what date KCC have processed DS260 till now?

I submitted my ds260 on 22nd May but still no mail received. CN 2022AS18X.

Oh ok - then yes you should update it in the visa field.
Ok!
-Do you think i'll also have to modify the page about “present address information” as soon as i arrive in U.S? Even if i decide to do the interview at the embassy in Italy?
-Next week I have the flight for U.S., maybe I can wait to arrive in U.S. to ask to kcc to unlock my ds260 or world it be better ask for the unlock as early as possible? I don't know how long does this process take

Naming should be Firstname_lastname????? What??? oh no...I submitted my full name. First_Middle_Last.
And I only have one police clearance from my country. And I named it as "...Police_Clearance" without adding the country name on the file name. Helpppp

Naming should be Firstname_lastname????? What??? oh no...I submitted my full name. First_Middle_Last.
And I only have one police clearance from my country. And I named it as "...Police_Clearance" without adding the country name on the file name. Helpppp

The naming doesn't need to be precise it's just a matter of clearly identifying the documents.

The subject line does matter because that is how the emails are processed from the unmonitored inbox.

The naming doesn't need to be precise it's just a matter of clearly identifying the documents.

The subject line does matter because that is how the emails are processed from the unmonitored inbox.
Can you tell please if all these documents needed to be e-mail? (not sure if a Military record is needed at this point or at the interview?)
1. Passport
2. Birth Certificate
3. Marriage Certificate
4. Police certificate
5. Military record
Only these 5 documents plus translations? (Passport does not need to be translated)

Also, the office that giving a police certificate told me that it ca be valid only for 15 days, is it normal???