• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

You need the "applicable" documents for the selectee and all of their eligible derivatives to be sent to KCC. Educational documents are not required to be sent to KCC. Only the main selectee is required to present the educational document(s) at the embassy, unless their selection is based on cross-charging to their spouse's country of birth in which case the spouse will also be required to present their educational document(s) too.
This is news to me. I was under the impression that only the main applicant has to produce these documents. What happens if the spouse does not have such documents? Does that mean we will be disqualified?

This is news to me. I was under the impression that only the main applicant has to produce these documents. What happens if the spouse does not have such documents? Does that mean we will be disqualified?
Which part of the post is news to you? Are you the main selectee and did you cross charge to your spouse’s birth country on your eDV entry form?

Hi everybody!
I was wondering: how do we know if it is better to send the documents without waiting for the email from KCC?
What makes some people send before they receive the email and others prefer to wait?

Which part of the post is news to you? Are you the main selectee and did you cross charge to your spouse’s birth country on your eDV entry form?
Yes I am the main applicant but used my spouse's country of eligibility. So then he needs to show these documents too? And what happens if he does not?

Yes I am the main applicant but used my spouse's country of eligibility. So then he needs to show these documents too? And what happens if he does not?
Yes, your spouse will be required to demonstrate they meet either the work or educational requirement in this case. Here's what the instruction says about cross charging to a spouse's birth country:

"There are two circumstances in which you still might be eligible to apply. First, if your derivative spouse was born in an eligible country, you may claim chargeability to that country. As your eligibility is based on your spouse, you will only be issued an immigrant visa if your spouse is also eligible for and issued an immigrant visa. Both of you must enter the United States together using your DVs."

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE 2022 DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT VISA PROGRAM (DV-2022)

@Britsimon @SusieQQQ @Sm1smom
i am from Ghana and i am just learning about the grading system used for approving visa on the embassy website.
my wife who is the Principal applicant on her high school certificate had these grades
English D7
Mathematics E8
Integrated Science F9
However, after high school, she did a three months course on pre school education and that's what she has been using to work as a pre school teacher for the past 10 years.
On the other hand, i also have a high school certificate with better grades to be to enrol college or university in the U.S.
High School was my highest of education and i have been working as a sales personnel too for the past 10 years.

MY QUESTION IS.....with the above mentioned, though we have filled DS260 and police clearance certificate ready, should we quit the process as will lead to visa denial and register for DV 2023 alone? or the CO can consider the derivative's Certificate for approval.

@Britsimon @SusieQQQ @Sm1smom
i am from Ghana and i am just learning about the grading system used for approving visa on the embassy website.
my wife who is the Principal applicant on her high school certificate had these grades
English D7
Mathematics E8
Integrated Science F9
However, after high school, she did a three months course on pre school education and that's what she has been using to work as a pre school teacher for the past 10 years.
On the other hand, i also have a high school certificate with better grades to be to enrol college or university in the U.S.
High School was my highest of education and i have been working as a sales personnel too for the past 10 years.

MY QUESTION IS.....with the above mentioned, though we have filled DS260 and police clearance certificate ready, should we quit the process as will lead to visa denial and register for DV 2023 alone? or the CO can consider the derivative's Certificate for approval.
Derivative’s qualifications will not be taken into consider if the main applicant does not meet the requirements and wasn’t selected on the basis of cross charging to spouse’s country of birth.

Hello
I am the winner of DV 2022 EU9xx I have completed DS 260 and in the section of countries I have visited I have marked only Italy and German.
While to go to Germany I used the land route by bus, but the places I passed like Croatia, or Slovenia I did not mark in the form, in the passport are marked the daily stamps that I received when I entered and left along the way.
Is it a problem that I did not list them as states in the ds 260 form.
I emphasize that in these countries I have not stayed but I myself have followed the land road itinerary that in these cases the road to Germany has lasted 2 days

Hello
I am the winner of DV 2022 EU9xx I have completed DS 260 and in the section of countries I have visited I have marked only Italy and German.
While to go to Germany I used the land route by bus, but the places I passed like Croatia, or Slovenia I did not mark in the form, in the passport are marked the daily stamps that I received when I entered and left along the way.
Is it a problem that I did not list them as states in the ds 260 form.
I emphasize that in these countries I have not stayed but I myself have followed the land road itinerary that in these cases the road to Germany has lasted 2 days
You don’t have to list transit stops.

Hello,

What happened when you become current but not receive documents request email from KCC? My CN is 2022EU3k, ds260 filled in July. My case is in the visa bulletin in November. Should I write to KCC or..? How was it in the previous years?

Thank you!

Greetings everyone,

My name is Mihail, i am from Bulgaria. I have been selected for further processing in the DV2022 program. My case number is EU11xxx.
I have read, and watched pretty much every word, and every video BritSimon has published over the years. Also, recently i started following this forum, particularly this thread, seeing that i am a DV2022 selectee, and so far i find both BritSimon, and this forum, to be helpful and reliable sources of information regarding legal immigration to the US.
As for my case, so far i have completed, and submitted my DS-260 in early September. I did not encounter any difficulties there, it seemed pretty straightforward, as the instructions were clear and helpful. I am closely following the visa Bulletin being published every month. and when it is time to send my documents, i wonder if i should scan them black and white or in color. In the official travel.state.gov site there are requirements for documents scanned in color, but not in the Diversity section. Should i be even concerned about this?
Thank you

Greetings everyone,

My name is Mihail, i am from Bulgaria. I have been selected for further processing in the DV2022 program. My case number is EU11xxx.
I have read, and watched pretty much every word, and every video BritSimon has published over the years. Also, recently i started following this forum, particularly this thread, seeing that i am a DV2022 selectee, and so far i find both BritSimon, and this forum, to be helpful and reliable sources of information regarding legal immigration to the US.
As for my case, so far i have completed, and submitted my DS-260 in early September. I did not encounter any difficulties there, it seemed pretty straightforward, as the instructions were clear and helpful. I am closely following the visa Bulletin being published every month. and when it is time to send my documents, i wonder if i should scan them black and white or in color. In the official travel.state.gov site there are requirements for documents scanned in color, but not in the Diversity section. Should i be even concerned about this?
Thank you
Why not try colour just to be safe. You could simply use this app:
Adobe Scan: PDF Scanner
which works on your phone. Or, try scanning/copy shops in Bulgaria.

Hello,

What happened when you become current but not receive documents request email from KCC? My CN is 2022EU3k, ds260 filled in July. My case is in the visa bulletin in November. Should I write to KCC or..? How was it in the previous years?

Thank you!
Hello,
I am in the same situation and I'm a little stressed because my number is in the range mentioned on the November visa bulletin and so far, I haven't received any emails from KCC.
What stresses me out is that I read that some people have sent in their documents without waiting for the KCC application and I wonder if I should do the same or if I might disrupt the ongoing process.

Hello,
I am in the same situation and I'm a little stressed because my number is in the range mentioned on the November visa bulletin and so far, I haven't received any emails from KCC.
What stresses me out is that I read that some people have sent in their documents without waiting for the KCC application and I wonder if I should do the same or if I might disrupt the ongoing process.
I am equally a selectee just like you and I have been following carefully discussion on this forum and BritSimon's blog and Youtube channel. I believe with the information you have provided, knowing you CN will be currently in November it is a good idea to send in your document now even if you have not received document request email. You have nothing to loose if the request comes in later when you have already sent your documents.