• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hi guys, while filling out my DS260 form, I put that I was enrolled in college, and at the time I was, but afterwards I started pursuing something else at the same time (a career path), it went well and so I decided to drop out and focus only on that. I am self employed, so technically I have no workplace to declare, but I just wanted to know if I should unlock my DS260 form and update my info, or if I should just let them know at the interview since they already sent me a request to send them the additional documents needed?

Hi guys, while filling out my DS260 form, I put that I was enrolled in college, and at the time I was, but afterwards I started pursuing something else at the same time (a career path), it went well and so I decided to drop out and focus only on that. I am self employed, so technically I have no workplace to declare, but I just wanted to know if I should unlock my DS260 form and update my info, or if I should just let them know at the interview since they already sent me a request to send them the additional documents needed?
It is enought f you have a High School certificate. Bring it to the interview. Perhaps they will not ask you about jpbs or college, because the must, is the High School degree.

Hi all,

I have two questions that I need clarification for.
I am 2022EU15xxx, Italian, living in the US

1) In the DS-260, I did select the US consulate in Naples (where IV visas are processed, including DV), rather than the US Embassy in Rome.
Is that a problem?
I hear often the embassies being mentioned, but the actual interviews and issuances of visas are at the consulate.
Should I notify KCC? Hopefully I did not mess it up.

2) Vaccinations and medical
Living in the US, I have the opportunity to do the medical examination here and "proactively" have the I-693 ready for the interview (as it is valid for one year).
Shall I go ahead?
Or, instead, I do not have that choice and I should rely only to the medical interview booked by the consulate?

3) Is there a way to enquire or understand how interviews will be progressing in a specific embassy/consulate, starting October, onward?

Thank you

Guma77

Hi all,

1) In the DS-260, I did select the US consulate in Naples (where IV visas are processed, including DV), rather than the US Embassy in Rome.
Is that a problem?
I hear often the embassies being mentioned, but the actual interviews and issuances of visas are at the consulate.

Living in the US, I have the opportunity to do the medical examination here and "proactively" have the I-693 ready for the interview (as it is valid for one year).
Shall I go ahead?
Or, instead, I do not have that choice and I should rely only to the medical interview booked by the consulate?

3) Is there a way to enquire or understand how interviews will be progressing in a specific embassy/consulate, starting October, onward?

Thank you

Guma77
1) I think you did the right thing. Only the consulate in Naples does DV and even if you chose the embassy in Rome, KCC would schedule you at Naples.

2) I don't know about this question, someone else could help.
But as far as I know, when it comes to the physical medical examination, each consulate only accepts the medical from the doctor they've written on their website. Best option is to contact the doctor and ask them what they accept whatever your document is.

3)From 1st Jan 2022, it's possible to access such data.

Hi all,

Is that a problem?

Shall I go ahead?

Thank you

Guma77
1. You will be assigned to the consulate or embassy that processes immigrant visas closest to the address listed in the ds260.
2 The i693 is only for those processing AoS. Seeing as you don’t seem to want to take this option, you will need to do the medical in Italy.
3. Not really, but you can read the britsimon website for some guidance and best guesses.

I have question about my job am working as freelance photographer and videographer from 2016 but before from 2005 I used to work with a TV station till I resigned in 2016… regarding to the Onet* website I found SVP Range (6.0 to < 7.0) but also I do editing on videos and the range of the SVP Range (7.0 to < 8.0) but when I applied the DS-260 I put my job zone Photographer and Videographer … do this put me on risk on refusal? And about my freelance working how I can give proof during my interview? USB flash contains some of my work? and also I can bring certificate from my previous 11 years job. Any more suggestions?

Regards

I have question about my job am working as freelance photographer and videographer from 2016 but before from 2005 I used to work with a TV station till I resigned in 2016… regarding to the Onet* website I found SVP Range (6.0 to < 7.0) but also I do editing on videos and the range of the SVP Range (7.0 to < 8.0) but when I applied the DS-260 I put my job zone Photographer and Videographer … do this put me on risk on refusal? And about my freelance working how I can give proof during my interview? USB flash contains some of my work? and also I can bring certificate from my previous 11 years job. Any more suggestions?

Regards
Do you have a high school certificate?

Regards
You can always qualify based on your highschool diploma. I'm in a similar situation, freelance graphic designer for the past year, I asked my embassy and they told me the documents I will need to provide for my country (Spain) - it's a paper that is called work history that shows all the jobs I had for the duration that I lived here in Spain, but it might depend on your embassy.

1. You will be assigned to the consulate or embassy that processes immigrant visas closest to the address listed in the ds260.
2 The i693 is only for those processing AoS. Seeing as you don’t seem to want to take this option, you will need to do the medical in Italy.
3. Not really, but you can read the britsimon website for some guidance and best guesses.

Thank you.

Yes, I am a little torn between the two options.
AOS seems like requiring in average 2+ months, starting from the package being received by the Lockbox
CP depends really on the availability at the consulate, the prioritization and potential covid impact, but might be faster if the consulate is operating normally.
It is kind of hard to chose

Just an additional question/curiosity

1) Police certificates for US don't have to be submitted. How do they perform the clearance check for applicants living in the US but going through CP?

Thank you.

AOS seems like requiring in average 2+ months, starting from the package being received by the Lockbox
CP depends really on the availability at the consulate, the prioritization and potential covid impact, but might be faster if the consulate is operating normally.

1) Police certificates for US don't have to be submitted. How do they perform the clearance check for applicants living in the US but going through CP?
Same way they conduct the background check for non-US resident applicants going through CP. They’re not relying on the self submitted PCC alone, all applicants go through a FBI background, fingerprints and name check process.

Congratulations. Can you let us know exact date you submitted DS260? Family or single?
Hi everyone
My dv number is 18500 for DV2022 country of chargeability is Asia

How do I know when my turn is to submit the visa document

Thanks

Hi,
If the passport of the country is in Native language and also in English, is it should be notarized before e-mailing to KCC of just a scan of the main page with info is enough?

Thank You,

Thank you.

Aos often takes longer than CP in a normal year but is less disruptive. Your choice.

1 fbi background check