• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

For those who received the document request email from KCC and had already sent the documents, did you submit again the documents?

Hi, DV2022AS14K here.

I work in a us-based company and my employer offered me to go work in America next year on an L1 visa. This would be around June 2022.
Will doing this hurt my chances of getting the green card? Maybe improve my chances? Does it matter at all?

For those who received the document request email from KCC and had already sent the documents, did you submit again the documents?
Yes no harm in resubmitting as i saw one case atleast who resubmitted and got DQed next day itself.
Are you single or with family?
Can you tell us exact date in May you submitted to get an idea if they have move past mid may ds submission dates.

Hi, DV2022AS14K here.

I work in a us-based company and my employer offered me to go work in America next year on an L1 visa. This would be around June 2022.
Will doing this hurt my chances of getting the green card? Maybe improve my chances? Does it matter at all?
It doesn’t hurt it, slight improvement in chances of success because a job at L level should be enough to overcome public charge concerns.
By the way L is a dual intent visa which means it is ok to use that to enter the US with intent to immigrate, so you could do AOS from L if you don’t already have an immigrant visa by then.

Thats good if I dont have to unlock it!
Im confused because here some of you said to write all the education institutions we attended?! I didnt finish my university..thats mean I dont have to write it down, is that right?

Attachments

• F8C2F903-F159-4537-9AC6-4DC9BB4D10CF.png
    F8C2F903-F159-4537-9AC6-4DC9BB4D10CF.png
    506.1 KB · Views: 18
Good evening people,
My case number is DV22 AF6*** submitted my DS260 on the 28th of May.
I was waiting for the request email like everyone else in here, was happy yesterday to see that I got a new email from KCC, but when i opened it up, here's what I've found:

“Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing. Once the Kentucky Consular Center has finished processing your DS-260, you will receive an email from the Kentucky Consular Center giving you instructions to complete in order for your case to continue processing.”

Does this mean I won't get the request until a month or something? It's odd.

Im confused because here some of you said to write all the education institutions we attended?! I didnt finish my university..thats mean I dont have to write it down, is that right?
Your original question wasn't about not listing an educational institution you attended though - (it didn't come across as such to me). Your question (quoted below for reference) came across like you were asking about not writing (listing) the bachelor degree obtained, which Susie answered accordingly.
3.I didnt graduate my bachelor degree and thats why i didnt write it down in my ds…. Should I unlock my ds and correct it?

Thanks in advance!
You will get the right response/guidance if you ask the right question.

Yes no harm in resubmitting as i saw one case atleast who resubmitted and got DQed next day itself.
Are you single or with family?
Can you tell us exact date in May you submitted to get an idea if they have move past mid may ds submission dates.
I am with my family.

Timeline:

May 15th: submitted DS260
June 12th: received KCC with further instructions on the unlock request.
June 12th: Resubmitted unlock request based on KCC’s instructions.
August 12th: DS260 unlocked
August 18th: Received email from KCC to submit documents.

No, that’s not right, it says all institutions attended. If you don’t unlock it then make sure to update it at interview. I suggest you get a copy of your transcript to take with if you leave it to the interview to update.

Bu the way it is not that “some of us” say to list all institutions attended, the DS260 instructions say to list all institutions attended.

Good evening people,
My case number is DV22 AF6*** submitted my DS260 on the 28th of May.
I was waiting for the request email like everyone else in here, was happy yesterday to see that I got a new email from KCC, but when i opened it up, here's what I've found:

“Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and are currently processing. Allow several weeks for processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing. Once the Kentucky Consular Center has finished processing your DS-260, you will receive an email from the Kentucky Consular Center giving you instructions to complete in order for your case to continue processing.”

Does this mean I won't get the request until a month or something? It's odd.
Did you send any email to KCC cuz that is a reply or did you submit your documents before being requested

Did you send any email to KCC cuz that is a reply or did you submit your documents before being requested
Yes on the 12th of July, asking a normal question about my DS form. Anyways, does their reply at this stage of time; mean that i'm going to wait a month or so for the request email? my case number is 6000, I DID NOT UNLOCK my DS260 by the way.

Could anyone please check their DS260 form for this (see attached photo) I answered that question with a NO, since my parents are divorced. But when i submitted my form and printed it, it shows an empty space next to the question... does look like that for everyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Could anyone please check their DS260 form for this (see attached photo) I answered that question with a NO, since my parents are divorced. But when i submitted my form and printed it, it shows an empty space next to the question... does look like that for everyone?
View attachment 2893
Yes. Mine looks like yours, but I clicked Yes. So, I guess is some bug in their forms

I am with my family.

Timeline:

May 15th: submitted DS260
June 12th: received KCC with further instructions on the unlock request.
June 12th: Resubmitted unlock request based on KCC’s instructions.
August 12th: DS260 unlocked
August 18th: Received email from KCC to submit documents.
It looks like they move on the next date

Yes on the 12th of July, asking a normal question about my DS form. Anyways, does their reply at this stage of time; mean that i'm going to wait a month or so for the request email? my case number is 6000, I DID NOT UNLOCK my DS260 by the way.
That email is simply a response to the email you originally sent to KCC, it is not an indication of when or how long it will take for them to send you the document submission email request. Nothing more to the email outside of what it simply says or is.

No, that’s not right, it says all institutions attended. If you don’t unlock it then make sure to update it at interview. I suggest you get a copy of your transcript to take with if you leave it to the interview to update.

Bu the way it is not that “some of us” say to list all institutions attended, the DS260 instructions say to list all institutions attended.
What do you recommend me to unlock my ds or leave it for the interview?
Thank you so much!
I really appreciate it!

That email is simply a response to the email you originally sent to KCC, it is not an indication of when or how long it will take for them to send you the document submission email request. Nothing more to the email outside of what it simply says or is.
I appreciate your time, means a lot. Thank you again.