• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hey guys, my parents were selected for further processing in the 2022 DV Lotter. I pulled together the following documents for theM: (1) Birth Certificates; (2) Police Reports (foreign country) + Translation to English; (3) Scanned copies of passports. They haven't served in the military or been convicted of a crime. Couple of quick questions:

1. Is there anything I am missing that we need to send, or are we all set?
2. I'll need to prepare a statement saying domestic police records will be sent directly to the Consulate. Is there a template I can leverage langauge from that you know of?
3. Guessing the file names need to follow a specific format. Could you direct me to somewhere I can learn more about this?

Thanks so much!
You will find your answers to your 1 and 3 questions here: http://britsimonsays.com/document-procedure-modification/

and for the 2nd question I don't know how that happens. Do you get any confirmation when you apply for the Police certificate? Maybe you could send that? I hope someone who has such experience will reply.

Since most of the photo shops are closed due to lockdown, can we submit 2 x 2 photos taken from our phones?
What are the photos for? As far as I am aware, you don't need the photos until you are going for you medical and your interview. There is no need to submit photos when you submit your documentation.

What are the photos for? As far as I am aware, you don't need the photos until you are going for you medical and your interview. There is no need to submit photos when you submit your documentation.
How many photos are needed in total medical and Embassy

The following happened to me: in the education section, when filling in the educational levels, I filled them out as they are in my school degree literally, in my country the school system is very different from that of the United States, for example, the basic secondary school level of The United States in my country is a bachelor, and the elementary school in my country is equivalent to a 6th grade certificate, so I am afraid that because I have filled out the education section according to how my degrees are in my country and they are not the same as those of United States my visa can be canceled, I am a university graduate.

Hi All,
Dv2022Ocxxx winner here.
Please can anyone advise for the following:
DS260 form filled and submitted on May 14th.

As the prinicipal applicant i have filled out my share of the form correctly. As for my derivative who is my wife I have filled all in order expect for a small error where it asked her about her spouse work (my work) she mistakenly put her work info.

Other than that all were in order.

Should I unlock the form or wait for the interview to advise this error to the consulate officer direct
As the principal applicant my share of form was all in order with no error.

Documents sent on August 1st. without request.

Thanks.

The following happened to me: in the education section, when filling in the educational levels, I filled them out as they are in my school degree literally, in my country the school system is very different from that of the United States, for example, the basic secondary school level of The United States in my country is a bachelor, and the elementary school in my country is equivalent to a 6th grade certificate, so I am afraid that because I have filled out the education section according to how my degrees are in my country and they are not the same as those of United States my visa can be canceled, I am a university graduate.
I’m not quite sure what you mean (you are not supposed to have elementary education listed there at all) but it’s up to you. You can unlock and correct as you see fit, or you can wait till the interview and explain/correct. Your visa cannot be “cancelled” before the interview, it is only at the interview that a CO will decide whether or not you qualify for a visa. And obviously you will have appropriate education certificates at the interview.

Hi All,
Dv2022Ocxxx winner here.

As the prinicipal applicant i have filled out my share of the form correctly. As for my derivative who is my wife I have filled all in order expect for a small error where it asked her about her spouse work (my work) she mistakenly put her work info.

Should I unlock the form or wait for the interview to advise this error to the consulate officer direct

Thanks.
If it were me, I’d correct at interview. It’s a minor issue and this thread is so full of people stressing for weeks waiting for KCC to unlock, I wouldn’t go through that unless it was something significant.

Hi!
We are family of 2, when sending the documents should I include all the same documents that I will send for me for my husband too in my email with my CN + firstname, lastname?
Best regards!

Hi All,
Dv2022Ocxxx winner here.

Thanks.
How did you send your documentation? Email or with the ds260

I have already told you clearly what to do, and you watched the video that showed you how to discover your DOB was wrong, and in that video I explained what you had to do to fix it.

Please don't repost all the things you have said (and I have answered), it just confuses things.

This won't just magically fix itself. You have to ask KCC and of course they will only respond to you if you give them the DOB they associate with your case (the wrong one).

Stop saying "please help me", you have what you need, now you have to apply what you have been told to help yourself. You can do it.
Help me please KCC dont understand me… I sent many emails to KCC, KCC gives close answers, I can't tell you that the case number is blocked...
I sent an email to KCC:
Hello Sir/Madame,
I get this error message "The Case Number entered is currently unavailable. Please try again later or contact the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) by email (kccdv@state.gov) or by phone (Public Inquiry Phone Number 606 -526-7500 7:30 am to 4:00 pm EDT Monday - Friday) for further assistance.'' I cannot login to fill in the DS-260 form. Could you help me, please?
Sincerely Thank you.

KCC replied that:
Thank you for your inquiry.

If you are trying to access the DS-260 and receiving an error message stating that your date of birth is incorrect, it is because the date you are entering does not match the date from your original DV entry form. To access the DS-260 you must use the date of birth you used when you submitted your original electronic entry. The Kentucky Consular Center cannot provide this information for you. Please be sure that you are selecting the correct day, month, and year, in the format required by the form.

If the date you are entering is your correct date of birth, it is possible that you made an error on your original entry. If you do not know the date you used on your original entry form, you will not be able to access the DS-260 application. The DS-260 is required for visa processing in the DV program.

In order for the Kentucky Consular Center to assist with inquiries regarding a specific Diversity Visa (DV) case, you must provide the Principal Applicant's full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY) as entered on the original entry. Please remember that the Kentucky Consular Center does not have the authority to tell you whether or not your specific case will be disqualified. Only a consular officer can do that at the time of your visa interview. Do not send any paper documents to the Kentucky Consular Center.

How do I write an e-mail so that I can explain my problem that the case number is blocked? Please Help Me :(((

hello guys, i have a question please do you put anything on the body besides the documents, when you want to send them?
You don't need to write anything on the body as they don't read it. If you have an explanation to make, attach it as a PDF with the document.