• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Is there any DV2022 who only sent the documents after being requested and got DQ? How long did it take to process? Thanks

G

My CN is OC2** and haven't received email frm kcc for documents. Hope will receive soon as by looking at figures my CN will be interviewed in November but wat if kcc dont sent email to send required documents
If you're not DQ then you won't be scheduled for an interview although your CN is current. Good luck though!

Okay but there is a lot of time till October and etc. Isn’t possible to get the email anyway, but not in the first week? @Rfiji when did you submit your ds260?
I submitted my ds260 on 16th june and 3rd of july I submitted all required documents including police clearance though documents were not requested.

Hey guys, my parents were selected for further processing in the 2022 DV Lotter. I pulled together the following documents for theM: (1) Birth Certificates; (2) Police Reports (foreign country) + Translation to English; (3) Scanned copies of passports. They haven't served in the military or been convicted of a crime. Couple of quick questions:

1. Is there anything I am missing that we need to send, or are we all set?
2. I'll need to prepare a statement saying domestic police records will be sent directly to the Consulate. Is there a template I can leverage langauge from that you know of?
3. Guessing the file names need to follow a specific format. Could you direct me to somewhere I can learn more about this?

Thanks so much!
Marriage certificate.

I'm trying to understand something. I'm DV2022AF33xx. Maybe my CN will become current in November. My question is though, if your case is current but you've still not received your request to send docs or not been DQ'd in time for when your case is current, does that mean you've missed your chance? Or will you still be able to be scheduled at a later date?

I'm trying to understand something. I'm DV2022AF33xx. Maybe my CN will become current in November. My question is though, if your case is current but you've still not received your request to send docs or not been DQ'd in time for when your case is current, does that mean you've missed your chance? Or will you still be able to be scheduled at a later date?
Iam concern about that too, as my CN is 2** and still not received any email from kcc requesting documents but seeing bullet in my CN will be current in November and If till than not DQ hoping will be scheduled later.

Iam concern about that too, as my CN is 2** and still not received any email from kcc requesting documents but seeing bullet in my CN will be current in November and If till than not DQ hoping will be scheduled later.
Cases which do not get scheduled in the month in which they’re current still have other months to get scheduled.

So either you guys didn’t read the previous page or my post was not clear enough?

I would phrase this as ”below the cutoff” (rather than “in a range”), as we have seen some confusion in the past with people thinking if they “missed” their month they have lost their chance.

With regard to translating document, BritSimon says (Link: in his vedio)

"9. Translation requires translator statement of competency"

Is this a separate document to be obtained from the translator? OR
Can translator insert the term (" translation is true and correct"), and place his competency frank on each document - (in this case no any additional document)

Pls explain? @SusieQQQ @Sm1smom @Britsimon

With regard to translating document, BritSimon says (Link: in his vedio)

"9. Translation requires translator statement of competency"

Is this a separate document to be obtained from the translator? OR
Can translator insert the term (" translation is true and correct"), and place his competency frank on each document - (in this case no any additional document)

Pls explain? @SusieQQQ @Sm1smom @Britsimon
Something like this

Certification by Translator​

I, [ name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in English and [foreign language], and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled [name of document].

Signature_________________________________
[Date]
[ Name]
[Address]

Something like this

Certification by Translator​

I, [ name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in English and [foreign language], and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled [name of document].

Signature_________________________________
[Date]
[ Name]
[Address]
following statement has been included in every translation document - at the END of doc.

"I do hereby certify that the foregoing is a true and correct English Translation of the Certificate of Birth bearing No: XXX tendered"

Date: yyyy/mm/dd (Signature)& Official frank"

Official frank contains:
- Name of the Translator with Initials
- Address of the Translator
- Term " SWORN Translator English, (Language 1), (Language 2)"

Also Official frank has been placed in all pages of the document (if document is more than on page)

Is this suffficent?

following statement has been included in every translation document - at the END of doc.

"I do hereby certify that the foregoing is a true and correct English Translation of the Certificate of Birth bearing No: XXX tendered"

Date: yyyy/mm/dd (Signature)& Official frank"

Official frank contains:
- Name of the Translator with Initials
- Address of the Translator
- Term " SWORN Translator English, (Language 1), (Language 2)

Also Official frank has been placed in all pages of the document (if document is more than on page)

Is this suffficent?
Translator needs to affirm they are fluent in both english and the language of translation. I know it seems obvious but it has to be said. I don’t see that above.
You don’t need it to be “official“ or “sworn”. You can have a friend do it if they are fluent in both languages.

Translator needs to affirm they are fluent in both english and the language of translation. I know it seems obvious but it has to be said. I don’t see that above.
You don’t need it to be “official“ or “sworn”. You can have a friend do it if they are fluent in both languages.
doesn't the Term "Sworn Translator" full fill the "they are fluent in both english and the language of translation" ??

In our country, "Sworn Translator" are recognized by the government and their names are listed in the relevant government department website.

doesn't the Term "Sworn Translator" full fill the "they are fluent in both english and the language of translation" ??

In our country, "Sworn Translator" are recognized by the government and their names are listed in the relevant government department website.
I don’t know what your country recognizes. You asked what USCIS wanted. If you believe it is sufficient to fulfill that, go ahead and use it.

Reactions: MNE
hi, I checked entrant status for selection on 10/5/21 and submitted my ds260 on 1/6/21. Was I late in submitting my ds260 and that could have led to kcc not requesting for further supporting documentation?

hi, I checked entrant status for selection on 10/5/21 and submitted my ds260 on 1/6/21. Was I late in submitting my ds260 and that could have led to kcc not requesting for further supporting documentation?
You need to be patient...they will request for the documents....at the moment things are a slow .....so you just need to wait....