• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

To me it’s Urgent.
Don’t take this the wrong way, but you are going to need to reset your expectations about what is “urgent” and to whom. KCC already sent you an email telling you to wait 3-6 weeks, right? A lot of this process is waiting, and very little actually ends up being urgent.

Please can somebody (Sm1smom, SusieQQQ, BritSimon or anyone else?) answer my question. I am dv2022 as9*** winner. I got documents request email from kcc. I have had the bloody documents already sent before the request as recommended. Now after KCC email request today, I sent them the documents again. Email which I sent is with a case number in subject and files attached in pdf. However, I did not write anything in email message body (like date of birth, case number and full name). Did I make a mistake? Should I resend them with a filled message body? Please help somebody. :(

Hello everybody,
I want to ask what do you need to write in email message body when sending supporting required documents to kccdvdocuments? I know about subject (case number) and adding needed documents in pdf in email. However do you need to write something in message body in the email?
Thanks in advance :)
You can go through Simon’s blog on Document Submission Tips for further guidance on this.

Please can somebody (Sm1smom, SusieQQQ, BritSimon or anyone else?) answer my question. I am dv2022 as9*** winner. I got documents request email from kcc. I have had the bloody documents already sent before the request as recommended. Now after KCC email request today, I sent them the documents again. Email which I sent is with a case number in subject and files attached in pdf. However, I did not write anything in email message body (like date of birth, case number and full name). Did I make a mistake? Should I resend them with a filled message body? Please help somebody. :(
For goodness sake! How about exercising some patience. Your initial question is barely a couple of hours on the thread, you’ve subsequently sent us PMs and you’ve now followed up by reposting and tagging us! Be patient!

For goodness sake! How about exercising some patience. Your initial question is barely a couple of hours on the thread, you’ve subsequently sent us PMs and you’ve now followed up by reposting and tagging us! Be patient!
I am sorry to bother y'all. Unfortunately, there is nothing said about email body, yet JMHD in 53 page of this forum advised me to write full name and date of birth in there, I am confused now which is true. I thought that it would be very easy for you to tell me.

1) KCC is an administrative body, they do not make the decision wether or not to continue processing a case.
2) I don’t know the specifics of what qualifies for the 2year HRR waiver, I however do know several DV selectees have successfully applied for and obtained the waiver which enabled them to proceed with their DV selection, they successfully completed the process and obtained their GC.

If you still prefer to wait, then wait until maybe February or March before submitting the DS260 in that case, but definitely not June.
Thanks for the feedback on this. I had a conversation with the Federal govt organization that worked out the J1 visa for me, they are not willing to help with the waiver and the Ghanaian embassy in DC has been unresponsive. That pretty much leaves me with one option, to wait till February or March to submit my DS260 --which I have completed now.
Given the turn of events with DV2021, do you still thinks it makes sense to pursue this plan?

Hi guys. I just joined the forum. My CN is 2022AF3k. I’ve got a couple of questions please. Firstly, I see a lot of reference to becoming DQ. This is document qualified I take it. Does this just mean that your docs are all sorted? As in the 2NL is something different right? Secondly, in the African region, does it then make a difference what country you’re from?

Thanks for the feedback on this. I had a conversation with the Federal govt organization that worked out the J1 visa for me, they are not willing to help with the waiver and the Ghanaian embassy in DC has been unresponsive. That pretty much leaves me with one option, to wait till February or March to submit my DS260 --which I have completed now.
Given the turn of events with DV2021, do you still thinks it makes sense to pursue this plan?
Your 2 year requirement has to be over only at the time you want the visa issued. what month would that be? (I’m not sure if you are planning for that or if you think the 2 years has to be over to submit the ds260]
another option would be to submit the DS260 now but delay document submission for a while - an interview will not be scheduled till documents are processed - this gives you slightly more control over the timing towards a possible interview date by only leaving one delay and not two till the future.

Hi guys. I just joined the forum. My CN is 2022AF3k. I’ve got a couple of questions please. Firstly, I see a lot of reference to becoming DQ. This is document qualified I take it. Does this just mean that your docs are all sorted? As in the 2NL is something different right? Secondly, in the African region, does it then make a difference what country you’re from?
1. They are different, you will not get a 2NL (interview invitation) until you are DQ (and your case number is current of course)
2. Mostly not, a couple of African countries sometimes have different cutoffs to the rest of the continent because of capacity issues

Hello. I am SA10xx. I submitted my DS 260 on 12th May. I just realized, reading my DS-260 form, that I made a mistake of the "date from" of my university dregree, and this mistake could show less years of studing that neccesary. Should I ask to unlock my DS260 to change the date?

1. They are different, you will not get a 2NL (interview invitation) until you are DQ (and your case number is current of course)
2. Mostly not, a couple of African countries sometimes have different cutoffs to the rest of the continent because of capacity issues
Alright. Thanks so much for your reply. I appreciate it.

When do you complete your 2Y HRR? If it's going to be completed before the FY is over, you can decide if it makes sense for you to submit your DS260 in Feb/Mar and continue with the process or not. I can't help you make that call based on the way DV2021 is progressing.