• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Thanks and sorry for too much questions I need to make a right decision whether to go back home or to be here …so after being approved from j1visa to visitors,i will be in good position ? Like it will not affect my Dv? And please you can advise me on this whether to ho back home or change status.thanks again
If, and that is a BIG “if” your change of status is approved, you will continue to be in a valid status. However, there’s no guarantee the change of status will be approved. Plus it will most likely take a pretty long time for that to be approved. Your best bet,if your current status will expire before your CN becomes current is to go home and process CP.

What’s th
So i saw this Discussion in a Telegram forum and want to ask here for clarity...

Does a family of 5 consume 5 out of 55k immigrants visa (DV) or just 1 vi
So i saw this Discussion in a Telegram forum and want to ask here for clarity...

Does a family of 5 consume 5 out of 55k immigrants visa (DV) or just 1 visa?
whats the details of the telegram group please

Hi all!
Just a general question, do all dv selectees have to have a sponsor and/or prove sufficient income? (how much would that be per person?)
I haven't seen any information about this on the dv site neither on the embassy that I was assigned to..?

I
1. No.
2. Yes.
In DS260 required to mention all children even one is a citizen of the USA. So, for the question:”is this child immigrating with you” , I answered yes, assuming that “immigrating” means same as “moving permanently.”

Please tell, how one can submit copies of documents (birth certificates etc) prior to KCC email request? Where and how can it be done?
If it’s that low and you want an interview as soon as possible, I’d send now. The interview schedule for October will be finalized in August (probably early august), so you’d want processing complete by then.

Hi all!
Just a general question, do all dv selectees have to have a sponsor and/or prove sufficient income? (how much would that be per person?)
I haven't seen any information about this on the dv site neither on the embassy that I was assigned to..?
If you go back to the instructions for entering the diversity visa, it says (last FAQ)

If you are selected to apply for a DV, you must demonstrate that you will not become a public charge in the United States before being issued a visa. If you are selected and submit a diversity visa application, you should familiarize yourself with the Department of State’s public guidance on how public charge is assessed and what evidence can be provided to demonstrate that you are not likely to become a public charge.

There is not a one size fits all number. They will look at things like savings, work history, qualifications etc to assess your chances of supporting yourself. Different embassies may also have different approaches to doing this. An i134 is recommended here because it is kind of a shortcut to the public charge issue.

Hi all!
In short, NO!

IF you have a good education/career that allows you to find work when you arrive and if you have savings that let you at least sustain for 3 months (there's no guideline, just an estimate), then you don't need a sponsor.

Having liquid assets is helpful, but if you feel like your situation is not the best (you're in debt, unemployed at the moment, etc...), then getting a sponsor is helpful or might even be mandatory in the interview

I

In DS260 required to mention all children even one is a citizen of the USA. So, for the question:”is this child immigrating with you” , I answered yes, assuming that “immigrating” means same as “moving permanently.”
The correct answer for that should be a NO. A citizen cannot migrate to their country of citizenship. Migrating does not mean “moving permanently”.

If, and that is a BIG “if” your change of status is approved, you will continue to be in a valid status. However, there’s no guarantee the change of status will be approved. Plus it will most likely take a pretty long time for that to be approved. Your best bet,if your current status will expire before your CN becomes current is to go home and process CP.
Thanks so much☺️ I will go home then.

Tagging @Britsimon because while I didn’t watch the video, I’d be surprised if what he actually said implied that September was late to submit. It shouldn’t be a problem, especially if you don’t mind not having an interview in the earliest possible month.

1. We do actually have the total # of selectees now (it’s a high number, 119k). Your case number historically has been totally fine.

2. The amount of time to stay is to get biometrics. It used to be 4-6 weeks, currently it is months. Many people are instead leaving after filing and returning to do bio - obviously you need to have a US address you can get notices sent to and passed onto you for this to work. (If you can file i131 online that is preferable as you will get all notices online in your account). By the time you get your visa and file, the wait time may have reduced again. Yes, you can enter and leave. Yes, you are still considered a green card holder from day 1 of entering the US with your immigrant visa. Remember this also means that regardless where you are physically living or working you need to file a tax return in the US (this does not usually mean you have to pay any or much extra tax though, due to the foreign income exclusion and double tax treaties).

3. The only people who are going to tell you that you need a lawyer to file a re-entry permit are lawyers looking for easy money. It’s totally straightforward. Don’t use Boundless, I have seen a number of complaints on another forum I’m on; but don’t use anyone anyway, it’s really not necessary.

You are correct Susie, I did NOT say September was "late to submit". However, I have said that people should focus on getting DS260s and documents sent sooner rather than later, partly because we may have another year like DV2021. In DV2021, the interviews have gone by order of which cases became ready for scheduling (RFS or DQ) first. It shouldn't work like that, but it did. The small numbers of cases RFS is also what caused the VO to make all regions current - and that (whilst great for some people) has increased the chaos and lack of fairness that is supposed to be in the system.

So - in that case submitting early is wise, and given that police certs are good for 2 years now, there is no reason to be worried about documents expiring.

But to be clear - September is not "too late" or even "late".

In DV2021, the interviews have gone by order of which cases became ready for scheduling (RFS or DQ) first. It shouldn't work like that, but it did.
This doesn’t surprise me as being the case once all cases are current (or current in a particular region). It’s the same principle NVC uses for other immigrant visas - once your priority date is current, cases are processed in the order of being DQ.

This doesn’t surprise me as being the case once all cases are current (or current in a particular region). It’s the same principle NVC uses for other immigrant visas - once your priority date is current, cases are processed in the order of being DQ.

Yes - you are exactly right about the order when there is no other order, but as we know DV is "supposed" to work on case number order. So yep - they reverted to something that has some basis, but that was only needed because they screwed up the documents procedure...

Can't make this stuff up huh.

Hello,
surprisingly, my wife and I are two separate selectees for the DV 2022(Africa Region). My case number is relatively lower than hers. I therefore submitted my DS260- but with an error. Unblock request sent to KCC-no reply now for 6 weeks.

I am wondering if I can submit my wife’s DS 260 even though her case number is high. I am a bit nervous since it’s taking an unusually long time for mine to be unlocked.

I will appreciate any piece of advice.

Hello,
surprisingly, my wife and I are two separate selectees for the DV 2022(Africa Region). My case number is relatively lower than hers. I therefore submitted my DS260- but with an error. Unblock request sent to KCC-no reply now for 6 weeks.

I am wondering if I can submit my wife’s DS 260 even though her case number is high. I am a bit nervous since it’s taking an unusually long time for mine to be unlocked.

I will appreciate any piece of advice.
I hope you or your wife also submitted her DS260 as your derivative (based on your selection)? Submitting the DS260 based on your wife’s selection in addition to having already submitted based on your selection is not a bad idea. It wouldn’t hurt either way.

Hi folks!
I'm DV2022 winner.
I've a considerably low case number AF6xxx.
I've submitted the DS-260 on the 6th of last Jun, but I didn't receive a request to submit my supporting documents. Should I send them anyway or wait for a certain period then send them?
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but there's a chaotic contradiction on the internet of wether I should send them anyway or wait for KCC requesting them.
Thank you very much for your cooperation!

Hi folks!
I'm DV2022 winner.
I've a considerably low case number AF6xxx.
I've submitted the DS-260 on the 6th of last Jun, but I didn't receive a request to submit my supporting documents. Should I send them anyway or wait for a certain period then send them?
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but there's a chaotic contradiction on the internet of wether I should send them anyway or wait for KCC requesting them.
Thank you very much for your cooperation!
where on the internet is there a “chaotic contradiction“? Not here or britsimonsays, anyway. Send them.

where on the internet is there a “chaotic contradiction“? Not here or britsimonsays, anyway. Send them.
Thank you for your time to reply!
I said chaotic based on what I found on different FB groups, yt videos and such.
Britsimonsays suggested that I should send them anyway.
So, sending them won't hurt, I guess?
My documents are all already been prepared :D

Thank you for your time to reply!
I said chaotic based on what I found on different FB groups, yt videos and such.
Britsimonsays suggested that I should send them anyway.
So, sending them won't hurt, I guess?
My documents are all already been prepared :D
FB groups and YT videos (britsimon excepted of course) in my experience tend to be full of people who don’t know what the heck they are talking about. Every time I see one referenced here it’s generally someone talking rubbish.
Anyway, figure it out for yourself: if you send it, what’s the worst that can happen? They ignore it. If you don’t send it what’s the worst that can happen? You don’t get an interview. I know what I’d do.