• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hi..I won a lottery visa for Dv 2022 my question is
I’m a J1 visa currently i have three months in USA and my Visa is going to be expired in March 2022, based on Visa availability for adjustment of status to fill form I-485, what if I’m in USA and my Visa availability for adjustment of status will be at May after my J1 visa expire? My questions is should i stay in USA to wait for my adjustment of status or should i go to my country to be interviewed there? What should i do in that case? Because i will be out of status before my adjustment of status
If your status expires before your CN becomes current, you cannot remain in the US, you will not be eligible to file AOS as you need to be in a valid status in order to be AOS eligible.

If your status expires before your CN becomes current, you cannot remain in the US, you will not be eligible to file AOS as you need to be in a valid status in order to be AOS eligible.
Thank you so much…so I’m supposed to go back to my country? And what about 2 years rules for j1 visa ,will this affect my Dv?

Not yet I'm am DV2022
I realize that, or you would have been current months ago. If I were you I would send them, considering by past years’ experience there is a pretty good chance you may be current in Dec (interview letters will be sent out in October and KCC would need to finish processing everything before that to schedule you). Even has been a year or two that number has been current in November. Of course you may not want to interview as soon as possible so don‘t mind delaying,

Thank you so much…so I’m supposed to go back to my country? And what about 2 years rules for j1 visa ,will this affect my Dv?
Yes. If you are subject to the 2 year home requirement suggest you start working on getting a waiver as soon as you can. (Note though that generally if you were here on Fulbright or other US government funding the waiver is very difficult to get.)

Yes. If you are subject to the 2 year home requirement suggest you start working on getting a waiver as soon as you can. (Note though that generally if you were here on Fulbright or other US government funding the waiver is very difficult to get.
Thanks again,My case number is AF33xxx so what will be possible days for my interview?

Thanks again,My case number is AF33xxx so what will be possible days for my interview?
You can look at past years‘ visa bulletins to get an idea of the months that number would usually interview in. (Don’t go back longer than 2015 - Nigeria was eligible prior to that and AF case numbers changed significantly after it was dropped).

You can look at past years‘ visa bulletins to get an idea of the months that number would usually interview in. (Don’t go back longer than 2015 - Nigeria was eligible prior to that and AF case numbers changed significantly after it was dropped).
Thanks so much be blessed

You need to chill! No one has answered because for now, no one here knows. You may want to go over to Simon’s blog and read up on some of the past historical analysis he’s done.
You once said 1200 is high for SA ... and Simon said 10xx is fine. Come on ... a better answer is possible than "you need to chill". You may not even be able to imagine what this lottery means for countries that are at risk of dangerous populism. I can try to "chill" and you can be more empathetic.

You once said 1200 is high for SA ... and Simon said 10xx is fine. Come on ... a better answer is possible than "you need to chill". You may not even be able to imagine what this lottery means for countries that are at risk of dangerous populism. I can try to "chill" and you can be more empathetic.
exactly, for us it is a unique opportunity

Come on ... a better answer is possible than "you need to chill".
Seriously? You expect someone who volunteers hours of time a week here to know all the answers when we don’t know (and won’t know) all the factors involved, and get pissed off when they don’t?

Hello
Do we need to list all educational institutions attended since turning 12yrs old or we need to list the educational institutions that we had our diplomas from. In my country we have 2 government exams. The ordinary level is the first public exams which lets you enter high school and the Advanced level which is also known as the high school diploma is the one you use to get into the university. Anything below the ordinary level is just normal class exams for promotions. Do we still have to include that or I should end at the ordinary level which is the first public government exams you take in secondary school.
thank you

FYI: There’s a big difference between 1200 and 1000, so if I say 1200 is on the high side and Simon says 1000 is okay, I don’t see any contradiction in what we’ve both said.
Since asking you to chill seems to be having a negative effect on you, you can keeping getting yourself wound up over something you certainly have no control over in that case. I’m out!

Hello
Do we need to list all educational institutions attended since turning 12yrs old or we need to list the educational institutions that we had our diplomas from. In my country we have 2 government exams. The ordinary level is the first public exams which lets you enter high school and the Advanced level which is also known as the high school diploma is the one you use to get into the university. Anything below the ordinary level is just normal class exams for promotions. Do we still have to include that or I should end at the ordinary level which is the first public government exams you take in secondary school.
thank you
List educational institutions attended from age12

You assume the people spending countless hours volunteering and helping people through this process for several years and counting have no idea what a unique opportunity being DV selectee is for each person selected?

Because no one else in the history of DV has ever come from a country they desperately need to get out of?

You assume the people spending countless hours volunteering and helping people through this process for several years and counting have no idea what a unique opportunity being DV selectee is for each person selected?
exactly!

I realize that, or you would have been current months ago. If I were you I would send them, considering by past years’ experience there is a pretty good chance you may be current in Dec (interview letters will be sent out in October and KCC would need to finish processing everything before that to schedule you). Even has been a year or two that number has been current in November. Of course you may not want to interview as soon as possible so don‘t mind delaying,
Thank you for your reply but I have one document missing and have to get it personally and be physicaly present in Ghana, also my contract will end on Sept so ill have to do the interview there with my family,

Thank you for your reply but I have one document missing and have to get it personally and be physicaly present in Ghana, also my contract will end on Sept so ill have to do the interview there with my family,
Ok well you won’t be scheduled for interview till you submit documents so that will work out for you, when you return you can unlock the DS and change your address back to Ghana before you submit your documents.

Thank you for your reply. When listing all the educational institutions attended, won’t I be prompt to put either a degree or diploma as it is in the form.when I list the schools attended from age 12, I guess by then I’ve not taken the public exams but just class exams so can I leave that space blank when it asks for degree or diploma. Then when I come to the class and school where I have the diploma, I can include it. Would that be the right thing to do?
List educational institutions attended from age1