• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello
On the DS260, there is a question which I don’t understand and I need clearification.
can you Speak and/or read languages other than your Native language. I can’t speak my native language but I can speak and write English and it has been my language from birth, since I am from a billingual country where French and English is widely spoken I am from the English part of my country. For that question, would I have to answer yes and write English.
thank you for your prompt reply.

Hello,

I have a few questions pertaining the DS260:

1) Physical addresses were one has lived in the past.
In many European countries it is required by law, to notify your residency change of address to the state administration
However, the changes need to be done for stable changes (e.g. you move permanently or in a stable way at one particular address).
My question is related to my situation soon after graduating, in 2003, where I spent almost a year changing places were I lived every three months, while I was looking for a job. I was typically hosted by friends or relatives.
So these changes were not registered with the local authority, but indeed happened.
For the DS260, which are the addresses being asked, all of them (with exclusion of short vacation periods or hotel stays) or the official residency addresses from your home country registry?

2) Social Security number
I have been living in the US for long time, under NIV and I already have a SSN, which I reported in the DS260.
One question of the DS260 is if I need a new SSN card.
What shall I answer? Does it refers to a physical card change, without the number being changed?
Or it does entail a change also in the SSN number?

3) Job/Work experience
Shall I reference in the Job description the title from Onetonline?
Many job titles cannot be found on the website, since are specific. On the other hand, the job titles in Onetonline refer to broader categories (e.g. Mechanical Engineer, Aerospace Engineer, etc).
Normally company job titles are more specific and detailed.
Which one should I put?

4) Education
In many european countries, there is a long university cycle of 5 years, which is the maximum level of education attainable, saved the PhD and there is no breakdown between bachelor's and master's. This was my case when I graduated in 2003.
In Europe, the 5 years engineering course is associated and recognized as Master's.
What shall I put in my case?

These details, in case of consular processing, can be easily explained to the consular officers, since they have knowledge of the legal and education system of that specific country.
It can be more challenging to explain them to the KCC, instead.
How does the validation of these information happen? Is it performed at KCC level or at consular level?

Thank you

Hello
On the DS260, there is a question which I don’t understand and I need clearification.
can you Speak and/or read languages other than your Native language. I can’t speak my native language but I can speak and write English and it has been my language from birth, since I am from a billingual country where French and English is widely spoken I am from the English part of my country. For that question, would I have to answer yes and write English.
thank you for your prompt reply.
You can answer Yes and write English

Hello,

I have a few questions pertaining the DS260:

1) Physical addresses were one has lived in the past.
In many European countries it is required by law, to notify your residency change of address to the state administration
However, the changes need to be done for stable changes (e.g. you move permanently or in a stable way at one particular address).
My question is related to my situation soon after graduating, in 2003, where I spent almost a year changing places were I lived every three months, while I was looking for a job. I was typically hosted by friends or relatives.
So these changes were not registered with the local authority, but indeed happened.
For the DS260, which are the addresses being asked, all of them (with exclusion of short vacation periods or hotel stays) or the official residency addresses from your home country registry?

2) Social Security number
I have been living in the US for long time, under NIV and I already have a SSN, which I reported in the DS260.
One question of the DS260 is if I need a new SSN card.
What shall I answer? Does it refers to a physical card change, without the number being changed?
Or it does entail a change also in the SSN number?

3) Job/Work experience
Shall I reference in the Job description the title from Onetonline?
Many job titles cannot be found on the website, since are specific. On the other hand, the job titles in Onetonline refer to broader categories (e.g. Mechanical Engineer, Aerospace Engineer, etc).
Normally company job titles are more specific and detailed.
Which one should I put?

4) Education
In many european countries, there is a long university cycle of 5 years, which is the maximum level of education attainable, saved the PhD and there is no breakdown between bachelor's and master's. This was my case when I graduated in 2003.
In Europe, the 5 years engineering course is associated and recognized as Master's.
What shall I put in my case?

These details, in case of consular processing, can be easily explained to the consular officers, since they have knowledge of the legal and education system of that specific country.
It can be more challenging to explain them to the KCC, instead.
How does the validation of these information happen? Is it performed at KCC level or at consular level?

Thank you
1. The question is not about what is listed on the official registry of your home country, it is about the address of places you’ve lived in.
2. Answer yes if you wish to be issued with a replacement card (with no DHS restrictions written on it) - it will contain the same number.
3. Personally, I would list my actual job title and what I do.
4. I would say use your discretion here.

Hello,

Filing application for parents, not sure how to answer following question: "Do you have any previous spouses?"
My parents were married and got divorced, then they remarried again 6 years back. Since it is still the same spouse, I'm not sure, what I should fill here, yes or no.
I would prefer to say "No', since it is less issues and docs to collect. Please let me know, what you think.

Hello Everyone,

My CN is 2022AS18X, from KSA. I was hoping for early interview in October and submitted ds260 on 22nd may and docs without request on 22nd june. Following this forum and britsimons but no one from dv22 has received from Kcc document request till now. Infact they seem to be busy with dv2021 so much that even unlock requests are going unanswered. Seems that dv22 will have month of oct wasted with no interviews being scheduled.

1) by when would i have to be documentarily qualified to stand a chance for an oct interview?
2) And is there still a chance for me for an october interview?
3) When would kcc process the last of dv21 cases and focus on dv22 dedicatedly? Any thoughts or idea what kcc intends to do?
4) if no interviews in oct, when will the first interviews for dv22 be scheduled and with my CN can i possibly make in the first batch of interviews?

Hello Everyone,

My CN is 2022AS18X, from KSA. I was hoping for early interview in October and submitted ds260 on 22nd may and docs without request on 22nd june. Following this forum and britsimons but no one from dv22 has received from Kcc document request till now. Infact they seem to be busy with dv2021 so much that even unlock requests are going unanswered. Seems that dv22 will have month of oct wasted with no interviews being scheduled.

1) by when would i have to be documentarily qualified to stand a chance for an oct interview?
2) And is there still a chance for me for an october interview?
3) When would kcc process the last of dv21 cases and focus on dv22 dedicatedly? Any thoughts or idea what kcc intends to do?
4) if no interviews in oct, when will the first interviews for dv22 be scheduled and with my CN can i possibly make in the first batch of interviews?
1. Before the October interview schedule is drawn up, so likely needed complete by early august.
While not answering 2-4 specifically, mainly because we just don’t know given this is an unprecedented situation, you will know by the end of august or latest early September if you have an interview in October.

Hello everybody,
About a week and a half I just found that am one of the randomly selectees in the DV-2022 with case number 2022AS5XXX, and I fill up the DS-260 for me and my family. I have two questions, Is this will effect on my case cause it took me long to fill up the ds-260 file? and the other question, when I will get email or notification from the KCC to send them the documents?

regards

Hello everybody,
About a week and a half I just found that am one of the randomly selectees in the DV-2022 with case number 2022AS5XXX, and I fill up the DS-260 for me and my family. I have two questions, Is this will effect on my case cause it took me long to fill up the ds-260 file? and the other question, when I will get email or notification from the KCC to send them the documents?

regards
No it’s not too late, shouldn’t have an effect.
KCC is very slow at the moment and no one knows when they will start asking for documents.

Please can someone help me out
I had E in Science and F in Mathematic in my WASSCE and I registered again I had D7 in Science and F in maths but I passed in English Social and all my electives so I did an entrance exams and I passed to further my degree...Am now a degree holder and am done with my national service will I still be denied the visa because of my Maths....Am a DV 20221/2022 winner thank you

My mom was denied a visa in dv2019 because she had failed her accounting unit.....but the point is to show that you have graduated.....if you can prove that I think you should be ok .....
I had E in Science and F in Mathematic in my WASSCE and I registered again I had D7 in Science and F in maths but I passed in English Social and all my electives so I did an entrance exams and I passed to further my degree...Am now a degree holder and am done with my national service will I still be denied the visa because of my Maths....Am a DV 20221/2022 winner thank you

Hi,

My case # is 2022AF26XX. I went through the monthly immigrant visa statistics for the Fiscal Year 2021 (Immigrant Visa Issuances by Post) from October 2020 to June 2021, and I noticed that the US Consulate in Montreal has not issued any Diversity Visas thus far. I also noticed that due to the prioritization rules, other consulates are issuing very few DV visas. I have contacted the Montreal consulate, and they seem to have standard replies for specific questions.

Based on your experience and knowledge, my questions to you are:

1 - Is it normal for a consulate to go such a long time without issuing a diversity visa?

2 - Moreover, Canada is one of the countries with low COVID-19 cases. How likely would COVID-19 be a factor in no issuing diversity visas, considering that the Montreal consulate did issue immigrant visas in other categories?

Below is just an example of the types of immigrant visas issued.

Montreal CR2 1
Montreal E21 1
Montreal E22 1
Montreal E23 2
Montreal E31 13
Montreal E32 1
Montreal E34 11
Montreal E35 17
Montreal IR1 90
Montreal IR2 18

Last edited:
Hi,

My case # is 2022AF26XX. I went through the monthly immigrant visa statistics for the Fiscal Year 2021 (Immigrant Visa Issuances by Post) from October 2020 to June 2021, and I noticed that the US Consulate in Montreal has not issued any Diversity Visas thus far. I also noticed that due to the prioritization rules, other consulates are issuing very few DV visas. I have contacted the Montreal consulate, and they seem to have standard replies for specific questions.

Based on your experience and knowledge, my questions to you are:

1 - Is it normal for a consulate to go such a long time without issuing a diversity visa?

2 - Moreover, Canada is one of the countries with low COVID-19 cases. How likely would COVID-19 be a factor in no issuing diversity visas, considering that the Montreal consulate did issue immigrant visas in other categories?

Below is just an example of the types of immigrant visas issued.

Montreal CR2 1
Montreal E21 1
Montreal E22 1
Montreal E23 2
Montreal E31 13
Montreal E32 1
Montreal E34 11
Montreal E35 17
Montreal IR1 90
Montreal IR2 18

@puda has reported (if I am recalling correctly) that Montreal has outright stated it is not issuing DVs this year.
Something to bear in mind is that Montreal had a massive immigrant visa backlog built up even before Covid and it has obviously gotten worse over the course of the pandemic. My impression is that as long as the current tier system is in place they will continue to focus on IR mostly (I suspect the Es that were issued in your summary were in health and similar fields that overcome the low priority/previous ban, note that E34/35 are derivative visas so it is the number of E31/32 that really matters there).
You’ve left out all the F-visas for some reason but those are above DV in priority as well. By the way, your time period encapsulates both the Trump ban period and post ban period so you should really be looking more at more recent data (April on) for trends to see what they are actually issuing now that the bans have dropped away.

In case you are not aware of the what the current prioritization of visas is, it is here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/immigrant-visa-prioritization.html

Take a look at your applicable home embassy’s website (where you will be interviewed) to see what they specifically require applicants to demonstrate re educational accomplishment.

Take a look at your applicable home embassy’s website (where you will be interviewed) to see what they specifically require applicants to demonstrate re educational accomplishment.
I checked this is what was written minimum requirement is high school or it equivalent...Am in Ghana also I forgot to add one more school can I request KCC to unlock for me please

Tengo una pregunta en la parte mas importante para el dv en la ds 260. la parte de trabajo y educacion.
en ocupacion actual estoy bloqueado no se que poner.
la lista es muy corta solo aparece:
AGRICULTURA
ARTISTA / ACTOR
NEGOCIO
COMUNICACIONES
CIENCIAS DE LA COMPUTADORA
SERVICIOS DE COMIDA / CULINARIOS
EDUCACIÓN
INGENIERÍA
GOBIERNO
HOMEMAKER
PROFESIÓN LEGAL
SALUD MÉDICA
MILITAR
SIENCIA DE LA NATURALEZA
DESEMPLEADO
CIENCIAS FISICAS
VOCACIÓN RELIGIOSA
INVESTIGAR
RETIRADO
CIENCIAS SOCIALES
ESTUDIANTE
OTRO
mi ocupacion actual es maestra de pilates y generente del estudio de pilates del cual soy dueño.
entonces. no se que ocupacion es la correcta. no estoy 100% seguro si entro dentro del area de la health, o deberia colocar / busines / othras

Tengo una pregunta en la parte más importante para el dv en el ds 260. la parte de trabajo y educación.
En la ocupación actual estoy bloqueado no sé qué poner.
la lista es muy corta solo aparece:
AGRICULTURA
ARTISTA / ACTOR
NEGOCIO
COMUNICACIONES
CIENCIAS DE LA COMPUTADORA
SERVICIOS DE COMIDA / CULINARIOS
EDUCACIÓN
INGENIERÍA
GOBIERNO
HOMEMAKER
PROFESIÓN LEGAL
SALUD MÉDICA
MILITAR
SIENCIA DE LA NATURALEZA
DESEMPLEADO
CIENCIAS FISICAS
VOCACIÓN RELIGIOSA
INVESTIGAR
RETIRAR
CIENCIAS SOCIALES
ESTUDIANTE
OTRO
mi ocupación actual es profesora de pilates y directora del estudio de pilates que poseo.
luego. No sé cuál es la ocupación correcta. No estoy 100% seguro si entro al área de salud, o debo poner / busines / othras