• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello,

here is 2022EU16xxx.

I am submitting the DS-260 tonight (hopefully it is not late), in order to proceed with Consular Processing.
The US consulates in my home country are now open, although running at reduced capacity.
But I am hoping that US consular activity will get to normal levels in my home country, soon (perhaps it depends if and when the travel ban is lifted)
In such a case it might be faster than going through AOS.

I have a few questions though, about the set of documents:

1) Police records: I've lived (still live) in the US, under a Non Immigrant Visa. Pertaining my stay in the US, shall I request the FBI Identity History Summary (IdHS) or some other form of police certificate? E.g. State records. Or there is no need to obtain US police certificates?
2) The police records in my home country have a validity set for 6 months. Shall I submit one now and then (in case of lapsing of the 6 months) submit another one? Or is the validity period set by my home country irrelevant for KCC purpose?

Thank you

Hello,

here is 2022EU16xxx.

I am submitting the DS-260 tonight (hopefully it is not late), in order to proceed with Consular Processing.
The US consulates in my home country are now open, although running at reduced capacity.
But I am hoping that US consular activity will get to normal levels in my home country, soon (perhaps it depends if and when the travel ban is lifted)
In such a case it might be faster than going through AOS.

I have a few questions though, about the set of documents:

1) Police records: I've lived (still live) in the US, under a Non Immigrant Visa. Pertaining my stay in the US, shall I request the FBI Identity History Summary (IdHS) or some other form of police certificate? E.g. State records. Or there is no need to obtain US police certificates?
2) The police records in my home country have a validity set for 6 months. Shall I submit one now and then (in case of lapsing of the 6 months) submit another one? Or is the validity period set by my home country irrelevant for KCC purpose?

Thank you
For both of these answers please ensure you read the instructions about police certificates.

Note: Present and former residents of the United States do NOT need to submit any U.S. police certificates.

Important
: Police certificates expire after two years, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:
-You are more than 16 years old;
-The police certificate was obtained more than two years ago; and
-You still live in the country that issued the certificate.

Thank you very much SusieQQQ.
Very clear.

Another few other questions I have are the following:

1) Last year, I went to my home country to renew my Non Immigrant Visa, resulting in me being stuck there for many months.
I guess, but I ask you for confirmation, that this should reflect in the address history, right?
In the DS260 submittal, I show my current address in the US, until when I departed to go and renew my Visa.
Then I show my address abroad.
And then, upon reentry in the US, the original US address.
Am I proceeding correctly?

2) The second question I have is on the job experience.
I've covered different position in the same company.
Shall I make a separate entry for each one, I guess, right?

3) Still on the job experience, when it is asked to detail the job experience (if training for 2 years is required), how much detail shall I put?
Is there around some form of template, so to avoid to put too many details than required?

4) A final question.
From the Department of State website, it appears that I should submit to KCC the birth certificate, police/court records, passport. However, there is no mention of the educational requirements (e.g. degree certificates), nor of the work experience documentation (resume, supervisors letters, etc).
Are those (education and work) meant only for the interview at the Consulate?

Thank you

1. Hmm, how many months was it? I think you can make an argument for either option but if it was more than say 6 months I’d probably add it in as an address, yes.

2. When I did this I did not do it that way, I listed by company - I just put something like “assistant Superhero/superhero/superhero manager“ and the entire time period I worked at the company rather than list each job separately.

3. A couple of summary sentences is fine. You will be either qualifying based on education, or if on work experience will need to show much more than what’s in the DS260, so it’s really not necessary to go into too much detail here.

4. Yes. KCC just needs the basic civil documents that all immigrants to the US regardless of category require. The judgement of eligibility for DV specifically is made at the consulate (and KCC has no way to verify any of the education docs etc anyway).

Hello!
A bit of a stupid question.. EU 19xxx here. I am the selectee and my husband is joining me.
He forgot to add a place where he lived and worked for 5 months on his ds260. He put it in his work experience, but not in the list of places where you lived. Can that pose a problem? Or can it be explained at the interview?
Thank you!

Also now that we have the numbers for Dv2022, how is the CN EU19xxx looking?

I hope you or your wife also submitted her DS260 as your derivative (based on your selection)? Submitting the DS260 based on your wife’s selection in addition to having already submitted based on your selection is not a bad idea. It wouldn’t hurt either way.
Ok, thanks, and yes, we are both derivatives under each other. I’m going to submit her DS 260.

I hope you or your wife also submitted her DS260 as your derivative (based on your selection)? Submitting the DS260 based on your wife’s selection in addition to having already submitted based on your selection is not a bad idea. It wouldn’t hurt either way.
I had thought I’d be disqualified for submitting the two DS 260s.

Hello!
A bit of a stupid question.. EU 19xxx here. I am the selectee and my husband is joining me.
He forgot to add a place where he lived and worked for 5 months on his ds260. He put it in his work experience, but not in the list of places where you lived. Can that pose a problem? Or can it be explained at the interview?
Thank you!

Also now that we have the numbers for Dv2022, how is the CN EU19xxx looking?
If you have cause to unlock your DS260 and make some other changes to the form, you should plan on updating that also. If there's no additional changes you need to make to the DS260, you can leave the form as is. It shouldn't create a problem doing so.

If you have cause to unlock your DS260 and make some other changes to the form, you should plan on updating that also. If there's no additional changes you need to make to the DS260, you can leave the form as is. It shouldn't create a problem doing so.
There are several small changes regarding the addresses, in both my form and my husbands form. We didn't for the love of us remember all of the 20+ places we lived since we were 16, so we put down everything that we could remember and sent it as fast as we could (hadn't found out about this forum at the time we submitted the form so we didn't know all of this information and that there was no rush to send the DS260). But basically all the changes that we want to make are address related. I have several addresses that i didn't recall, but they are all in the same city that I already declared I lived in, and provided a police certificate for, but the biggest mistake is my husband omitting his address for a place that he declared he worked in.

There are several small changes regarding the addresses, in both my form and my husbands form. We didn't for the love of us remember all of the 20+ places we lived since we were 16, so we put down everything that we could remember and sent it as fast as we could (hadn't found out about this forum at the time we submitted the form so we didn't know all of this information and that there was no rush to send the DS260). But basically all the changes that we want to make are address related. I have several addresses that i didn't recall, but they are all in the same city that I already declared I lived in, and provided a police certificate for, but the biggest mistake is my husband omitting his address for a place that he declared he worked in.
Since you have more than one correction, you might as well unlock and update in that case.

Hello
If I renew my passport at my country’s embassy in another country, on the dv entry form, you are asked country/Authority of issue, Do you put the country’s passport you are having or you put the embassy where you made it. I renewed my passport at my country’s embassy in Ivory Coast Abidjan. in my passport, I have the place of issue as Abidjan and on the form, they are asking for the country/Authority of issue. Would I put Abidjan as the country/Authority of Issue or I’ll put my home country as the country or Authority of issue. I am asking because I put my home country as the country/Authority of issue.I don’t know if I did the right thing. I’m dv 2022 selectee

Hello
If I renew my passport at my country’s embassy in another country, on the dv entry form, you are asked country/Authority of issue, Do you put the country’s passport you are having or you put the embassy where you made it. I renewed my passport at my country’s embassy in Ivory Coast Abidjan. in my passport, I have the place of issue as Abidjan and on the form, they are asking for the country/Authority of issue. Would I put Abidjan as the country/Authority of Issue or I’ll put my home country as the country or Authority of issue. I am asking because I put my home country as the country/Authority of issue.I don’t know if I did the right thing. I’m dv 2022 selectee
Your home country is the issuing authority.

If it’s that low and you want an interview as soon as possible, I’d send now. The interview schedule for October will be finalized in August (probably early august), so you’d want processing complete by then.
Hello, If the interview schedule does commence for DV2022 selectees in October 2021, AND, if the interview schedule needs to be finalised in early August..Does that mean we should expect a request for documents in the next 2 weeks given it is 21st July? also, if requests for documents don't get sent out by KCC in the next few weeks but people with low case numbers have already submitted documents are they likely to be the first to get interviews in October provided interviews for 2022 selectees commence? Thank you.

Hello, If the interview schedule does commence for DV2022 selectees in October 2021, AND, if the interview schedule needs to be finalised in early August..Does that mean we should expect a request for documents in the next 2 weeks given it is 21st July? also, if requests for documents don't get sent out by KCC in the next few weeks but people with low case numbers have already submitted documents are they likely to be the first to get interviews in October provided interviews for 2022 selectees commence? Thank you.
KCC is so backlogged I cannot say when they will ask for docs, or even how efficient they are going to be at gettinh the first batch of interviews organized. If you have a low case number I would suggest you submit docs without waiting to be asked. As for your last sentence - well, you cannot get (scheduled for) an interview if you have not submitted documents so yes those who have submitted will (hopefully) get interviews and those who haven’t won’t, of course assuming case numbers are current for the month in question. I say hopefully because KCC seems overwhelmed at the moment and because some embassies still have capacity restrictions from Covid.

KCC is so backlogged I cannot say when they will ask for docs, or even how efficient they are going to be at gettinh the first batch of interviews organized. If you have a low case number I would suggest you submit docs without waiting to be asked. As for your last sentence - well, you cannot get (scheduled for) an interview if you have not submitted documents so yes those who have submitted will (hopefully) get interviews and those who haven’t won’t, of course assuming case numbers are current for the month in question. I say hopefully because KCC seems overwhelmed at the moment and because some embassies still have capacity restrictions from Covid.
Thank you so much. I really appreciate the prompt reply. Yes, I agree, it is a wait and see approach wrt KCC's organisation. We submitted our DS260 May 12 2021 and submitted all our documents June 30th 2021 in the format suggested by @Britsimon. Our case number is 2022OC000002XX. We are keen to get an interview as early as possible so that we can head over to the US as soon as possible, obviously dependent upon KCC organsiation and currency of case numbers, covid etc.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate the prompt reply. Yes, I agree, it is a wait and see approach wrt KCC's organisation. We submitted our DS260 May 12 2021 and submitted all our documents June 30th 2021 in the format suggested by @Britsimon. Our case number is 2022OC000002XX. We are keen to get an interview as early as possible so that we can head over to the US as soon as possible, obviously dependent upon KCC organsiation and currency of case numbers, covid etc.
Good for you!! Well done! You are lucky and you did it well. Good luck! Tell us when u arrive to the States to wait for your greencards.