• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello. I would like to know if the case number SA10xx is high or low for the South America area. I submitted our DS-260 on May 12, 2021 and I would like to know when I might receive the email from KCC requesting the documents. Thank you. (I am from Argentina)

Hello everybody
1. Some bloggers and lowyers said it’s ok to send documents without having request from KCC. So is it advisable?
2. Is it proper to send documents while waiting unlocking ds260?
Thanks

Hello!

Please I have an urgent question that has been cracking my head!, in the Previous Work/Education/Training Information section it says "Highest Level of Education Completed "

for the Number of Educational Institutions Attended, I wrote down 2 and chose the option "UNIVERSITY, NO DEGREE" Since I still did not get my degree

I have completed my high school degree and will finish my undergraduate university program in a couple of months but when I write date of attendance to the date that I am expected to finish, I get an error
"Date of Attendance To cannot be equal to or later than today." what am I supposed to do?

I cant leave it blank or write anything else, please advice me what I can do?? I already mentioned the university I study at in the present tab when it asked for my occupation, but its very confusing as the previous tab explicitly mentions that I should provide info about all institutions I attended.

Thanks a lot, god bless you all

Hello!

Please I have an urgent question that has been cracking my head!, in the Previous Work/Education/Training Information section it says "Highest Level of Education Completed "

for the Number of Educational Institutions Attended, I wrote down 2 and chose the option "UNIVERSITY, NO DEGREE" Since I still did not get my degree

I have completed my high school degree and will finish my undergraduate university program in a couple of months but when I write date of attendance to the date that I am expected to finish, I get an error
"Date of Attendance To cannot be equal to or later than today." what am I supposed to do?

I cant leave it blank or write anything else, please advice me what I can do?? I already mentioned the university I study at in the present tab when it asked for my occupation, but its very confusing as the previous tab explicitly mentions that I should provide info about all institutions I attended.

Thanks a lot, god bless you all
write it as until the date of submission of ds260, you cannot put a future date in because it wants actual, factual attendance. Obviously the CO will know if you are still attending or have graduated by the time of interview, you can update then.

Hello guys
while filling ds260 i have realized we made a mistake on the question have you been employed before on my husband part . we ticked no instead of yes. i the wife am the main applicant. Will this bring problems during interview or should we unlock the ds 260 or wait for the interview to correct there. my case no is AF6K.
@SusieQQQ please help

So i saw this Discussion in a Telegram forum and want to ask here for clarity...

Does a family of 5 consume 5 out of 55k immigrants visa (DV) or just 1 visa?

write it as until the date of submission of ds260, you cannot put a future date in because it wants actual, factual attendance. Obviously the CO will know if you are still attending or have graduated by the time of interview, you can update then.
Thank you so much for your answer! thats a relief, I tried writing today's date (16 Jul) but still getting the error, is it fine if I put in yesterday's date?

Hello everybody, DV-2022 winners here (EU13XXX). We still haven't submitted our DS-260 because we plan to get married first, so we're probably going to submit it sometime by early/mid September. So far everyone was saying that this is totally fine, but then I watched the recent BritSimon Q&A and I thought I heard him say something along the lines that it's better to submit it asap, even though we might have missed our window of opportunity for early processing, or something along those lines.

1. Now, we're very, very excited, but we also need to weigh our options and ease into it, so we really don't mind if the process drags on, we just don't want to be excluded completely. Is there a chance of that happening? Also, is that an OK number? I read that that's relative, since we still don't have the total number of selectees.

2. We are also looking into filing for the re-entry permit from the get go, and I understood that in that case you need to stay a bit longer on your first entry (6 weeks or so?). Does that sound right? Also, the way I understood it, you still get a green card, so I take it that you're able to work the entire time (even though you might be spending time outside the US)? Are you also allowed to enter and leave the US without limits during this time? Any first hand experience is more than welcome.

3. Finally, I read that it's highly recommended to hire a lawyer who would assist you filing for a re-entry permit. Any personal recommendations? Also, I stumbled about this company called Boundless, which sounds like a startup-y immigration law firm, so I'm not sure if they're any good. Has anyone from this forum used them before?

Our heads are spinning at the moment so any input would be very much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Hello everybody, DV-2022 winners here (EU13XXX). We still haven't submitted our DS-260 because we plan to get married first, so we're probably going to submit it sometime by early/mid September. So far everyone was saying that this is totally fine, but then I watched the recent BritSimon Q&A and I thought I heard him say something along the lines that it's better to submit it asap, even though we might have missed our window of opportunity for early processing, or something along those lines.

1. Now, we're very, very excited, but we also need to weigh our options and ease into it, so we really don't mind if the process drags on, we just don't want to be excluded completely. Is there a chance of that happening? Also, is that an OK number? I read that that's relative, since we still don't have the total number of selectees.

2. We are also looking into filing for the re-entry permit from the get go, and I understood that in that case you need to stay a bit longer on your first entry (6 weeks or so?). Does that sound right? Also, the way I understood it, you still get a green card, so I take it that you're able to work the entire time (even though you might be spending time outside the US)? Are you also allowed to enter and leave the US without limits during this time? Any first hand experience is more than welcome.

3. Finally, I read that it's highly recommended to hire a lawyer who would assist you filing for a re-entry permit. Any personal recommendations? Also, I stumbled about this company called Boundless, which sounds like a startup-y immigration law firm, so I'm not sure if they're any good. Has anyone from this forum used them before?

Our heads are spinning at the moment so any input would be very much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
Tagging @Britsimon because while I didn’t watch the video, I’d be surprised if what he actually said implied that September was late to submit. It shouldn’t be a problem, especially if you don’t mind not having an interview in the earliest possible month.

1. We do actually have the total # of selectees now (it’s a high number, 119k). Your case number historically has been totally fine.

2. The amount of time to stay is to get biometrics. It used to be 4-6 weeks, currently it is months. Many people are instead leaving after filing and returning to do bio - obviously you need to have a US address you can get notices sent to and passed onto you for this to work. (If you can file i131 online that is preferable as you will get all notices online in your account). By the time you get your visa and file, the wait time may have reduced again. Yes, you can enter and leave. Yes, you are still considered a green card holder from day 1 of entering the US with your immigrant visa. Remember this also means that regardless where you are physically living or working you need to file a tax return in the US (this does not usually mean you have to pay any or much extra tax though, due to the foreign income exclusion and double tax treaties).

3. The only people who are going to tell you that you need a lawyer to file a re-entry permit are lawyers looking for easy money. It’s totally straightforward. Don’t use Boundless, I have seen a number of complaints on another forum I’m on; but don’t use anyone anyway, it’s really not necessary.