• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

We had our interview this morning. We arrived at 6:55 AM and waited for 25 min before the officer called us for our interview. The officer was very friendly. He asked a couple of questions from our I485, which we answered correctly. He left the room and came back to tell us that our case looked good from his review, but they needed more time to make a decision in regards to the case. He took some of the documents we brought for support as well as 15 pictures from our album of photos. We wanted a decision right away, but we didn't get one. At this point we are very anxious; the status was changed to "Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed." I did not get my biometrics appointment yet; my wife did biometrics before, and they accepted those for our AOS. I am guessing they did not approve our case instantly because they are still missing my biometrics. I will keep positing updates here. Hoping everything goes smoothly from here. We got a little scared when he said it could take up to 60 days to get a decision on our case because the fiscal year will end in around 60 days.

We had our interview this morning. We arrived at 6:55 AM and waited for 25 min before the officer called us for our interview. The officer was very friendly. He asked a couple of questions from our I485, which we answered correctly. He left the room and came back to tell us that our case looked good from his review, but they needed more time to make a decision in regards to the case. He took some of the documents we brought for support as well as 15 pictures from our album of photos. We wanted a decision right away, but we didn't get one. At this point we are very anxious; the status was changed to "Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed." I did not get my biometrics appointment yet; my wife did biometrics before, and they accepted those for our AOS. I am guessing they did not approve our case instantly because they are still missing my biometrics. I will keep positing updates here. Hoping everything goes smoothly from here. We got a little scared when he said it could take up to 60 days to get a decision on our case because the fiscal year will end in around 60 days.
You're too worried that some people haven't even booked an interview yet. You're so lucky that the interview is so fast

Since you are not on the timeline, what was your status at the time of filling? Is there any reason that you suspect why they denied your case? Have you ever violated your status or part take in unauthorized work?
H2A farm worker, never violated anything.

We had our interview this morning (8/2) in Indianapolis. They call us 20 minutes later, but it took only about 10 minutes and was a straightforward interview. The officer went through Yes/No questions from I-485. Didn't ask for any original documents or proofs for anything. We didn't have our biometric done before the interview and didn't even receive a biometric appointment letter. The office started by explaining that he is aware of the deadline and should be done before Sep. 30th. The officer's explanation at the beginning of the interview shows he has good experience with DV cases. He knew we didn't have a biometric appointment. The first thing he did was, gave us copies of our biometric appointment, which is scheduled for Aug. 30th. He said, don't worry, we have enough time before Sep. 30th, after the bio is complete, it will only take 24-48 hours to complete our case. . But I still want to do the bio as soon as possible.
Can we make our bio appointment an early walk-in before the scheduled appointment?
If our field office doesn't take walk-ins, can we choose a different field office close to us?
If walk-ins are not possible, can we rescheduled for an earlier day by contacting the live USCIS chat agent, Is anyone has done this?

Does anyone know the standard hours for ASCs, assuming there is such a thing?

I had my interview today. There isn't much to report - he just went through the security questions from the form. He didn't want to see any documents from me whatsoever except my original notification letter. He was not familiar with DV cases at all but he said there should be no problem with approving it once he has time to research it.

But he said he might call me today for a bio walk in. I was just wondering if anyone knows the usual hours so I know what time to stop expecting the call.
Hi @coffeemonster,
Congrats on finishing the interview. We did ours this morning at Indy.
In our case, the officer gave us copies of the bio appointment schedule (8/30) right after we go inside his office for the interview. He knew that we didn't have our bio done. I am trying to get it done as soon as possible by walk-ins. The environment at the Indy field office does look like they do not allow walk-ins. Not sure, though!!

Good luck !!!

We had our interview this morning (8/2) in Indianapolis. They call us 20 minutes later, but it took only about 10 minutes and was a straightforward interview. The officer went through Yes/No questions from I-485. Didn't ask for any original documents or proofs for anything. We didn't have our biometric done before the interview and didn't even receive a biometric appointment letter. The office started by explaining that he is aware of the deadline and should be done before Sep. 30th. The officer's explanation at the beginning of the interview shows he has good experience with DV cases. He knew we didn't have a biometric appointment. The first thing he did was, gave us copies of our biometric appointment, which is scheduled for Aug. 30th. He said, don't worry, we have enough time before Sep. 30th, after the bio is complete, it will only take 24-48 hours to complete our case. . But I still want to do the bio as soon as possible.
Can we make our bio appointment an early walk-in before the scheduled appointment?
If our field office doesn't take walk-ins, can we choose a different field office close to us?
If walk-ins are not possible, can we rescheduled for an earlier day by contacting the live USCIS chat agent, Is anyone has done this?
Biometrics are not done at field office but at your application support center ( ASC). You don’t have to go to your assigned ASC you can attempt walk in at a different one.
I recommend looking at the spread sheet to see if anyone has had any luck at walk ins near you.

There was an update couple days ago saying no one appeared for appointment. But I never received interview letter.
I see. Probably others w/ more insight have commented on your case, but considering that there is a fair amount of time left, I was wondering if you have considered resending your AOS package. I'm not seeing you on timeline, but assuming you had done your bio, that might not take as long as you would think.

Hey guys!
Today, I talked to USCIS through the live chat of EMMA. I asked about my biometrics appointment and they said it is not yet scheduled. Then I checked my online status and still it shows “fingerprints fee is received“.
Then I checked my post box and I found a letter in it containing a notice for interview appointment on late August! I have not received any other notices that shows I am waived for biometrics. What does it mean? Is it bad or good? And what should I do? Should I call the USCIS?

Biometrics are not done at field office but at your application support center ( ASC). You don’t have to go to your assigned ASC you can attempt walk in at a different one.
I recommend looking at the spread sheet to see if anyone has had any luck at walk ins near you.
Great, I will look at the spreadsheet. At Indy, the field office and the ASC are both in the same building. Thanks @alexawt321

Hey guys!
Today, I talked to USCIS through the live chat of EMMA. I asked about my biometrics appointment and they said it is not yet scheduled. Then I checked my online status and still it shows “fingerprints fee is received“.
Then I checked my post box and I found a letter in it containing a notice for interview appointment on late August! I have not received any other notices that shows I am waived for biometrics. What does it mean? Is it bad or good? And what should I do? Should I call the USCIS?
Congrats !) it is good ) wait for your Interview. A lot of people here go to there interview without bio.

Hi Everyone, I would like to add my interview experience.

My interview date was today, on 8/2 in Indianapolis/IN USCIS however, my Bio letter never showed up. During the interview, even before starting the interview, my FO handed over me my Bio letter dated 8/30 in Louisville / Kentucky saying ASCs are busy and this is the earliest they can find a slot. The interview was rather quick, around 15 mins, he did not check any ID or wanted to see any documents. He wanted to confirm my name, DOB, where I am from, my current address, and my profession. Later, he read through the same yes/no questions in Form I-485 and wanted me to answer them again. After that, he said everything looks good but he needs to wait for the results from my Bio appointment/background check, and then if everything is OK, he will approve the case. He said there is still visa availability and we do not need to worry about running out of available visas for the EU and Turkey.

I left the USCIS in Indy around 10:30 am and drove 2 hours South to try my luck walking in at Louisville ASC for Bio. The center was not busy and the lady in the front took my letter and passport, she did not say anything about my appointment being at a later date neither did I, so I was able to have my pictures and fingerprints taken in 10 mins. After everything is done, she said she noticed my appointment date being on another date at a very late stage after she started processing and she said If she had noticed earlier she would not have let me in, so I was lucky.

So, overall, I was able to take care of my Interview and Bio on the same day, 200 miles away from each other. My only question is if the FO will get notified once my background check is cleared or will I have to wait until my actual Bio appointment date passed for my FO to approve my case.?

I wish all the best to everyone in this stressful process and again thanks for this forum and to everyone who contributes to it, this is a great community.