• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Dear mom,

I was trying to find an agency to evaluate my High School credentials. What is the USCIS criteria for the agency that issues such evaluations? I found few websites, all of which link "Better Business Bureau" to show their legitimacy, but IMO they all seem to be random websites issuing random certificates.

Thanks!

Hi everyone! Hi Mom! I need to put my dates in the document, do you guys know how I can write them in?
Also, I had a question for you: my FO is Los Angeles and I got my NOA on June 29, my bio letter on July 12 saying they already have my bio so basically I am just waiting for my IL. My lawyer (an amazing guy!) contacted a USCIS agent (he didn't tell me yet if it was Tier 2) today to try to expedite it and the agent said for it to happen that I need to "show financial distress or show that receiving the green card is a matter of life and death". Which is not the case for me. Do you guys think that checking in with them and reminding them that it is time-sensitive is a good idea or should I just wait and see? Thanks so much!

Dear mom,

I was trying to find an agency to evaluate my High School credentials. What is the USCIS criteria for the agency that issues such evaluations? I found few websites, all of which link "Better Business Bureau" to show their legitimacy, but IMO they all seem to be random websites issuing random certificates.

Thanks!
My lawyer told me to use those guys, they do an amazing job, are pretty cheap and their certificates are top notch! rushtranslate (dot) com

Biometrics Early Walk-In.

How are u guys doing Early Walking for Biometrics?

My bio is scheduled for Aug 16 at 8 AM.
Can I do this bio early? If yes at what time should I go there?

Please guide me and tell me what I should bring to the appointment. Thank you.

Hi everyone, today we got our Bio done. It was nice and very smooth process. Finished in 13 mins literally. My FO is Seattle. So we are now waiting for our interview on 09/08. 5 more weeks !!
Congrats on getting your bio done!!
I just wanted to know whether the Seattle, FO accept walk-ins by any chance?

I just had a chat with a live agent through Emma and came to know that my 'Bio' has not been scheduled yet and then I asked whether my case file has been sent to FO? answer was it is in NBC. When will the case file be sent to FO? I see lots of people getting ILs without 'Bio' being scheduled?

Hi Everyone, I would like to add my interview experience.

My interview date was today, on 8/2 in Indianapolis/IN USCIS however, my Bio letter never showed up. During the interview, even before starting the interview, my FO handed over me my Bio letter dated 8/30 in Louisville / Kentucky saying ASCs are busy and this is the earliest they can find a slot. The interview was rather quick, around 15 mins, he did not check any ID or wanted to see any documents. He wanted to confirm my name, DOB, where I am from, my current address, and my profession. Later, he read through the same yes/no questions in Form I-485 and wanted me to answer them again. After that, he said everything looks good but he needs to wait for the results from my Bio appointment/background check, and then if everything is OK, he will approve the case. He said there is still visa availability and we do not need to worry about running out of available visas for the EU and Turkey.

I left the USCIS in Indy around 10:30 am and drove 2 hours South to try my luck walking in at Louisville ASC for Bio. The center was not busy and the lady in the front took my letter and passport, she did not say anything about my appointment being at a later date neither did I, so I was able to have my pictures and fingerprints taken in 10 mins. After everything is done, she said she noticed my appointment date being on another date at a very late stage after she started processing and she said If she had noticed earlier she would not have let me in, so I was lucky.

So, overall, I was able to take care of my Interview and Bio on the same day, 200 miles away from each other. My only question is if the FO will get notified once my background check is cleared or will I have to wait until my actual Bio appointment date passed for my FO to approve my case.?

I wish all the best to everyone in this stressful process and again thanks for this forum and to everyone who contributes to it, this is a great community.
Your IO will be notified as soon as the background check clears.

Dear mom,

Thanks!
Some folks have reported using “fis-web“ successfully in the past.

Hi everyone! Hi Mom! I need to put my dates in the document, do you guys know how I can write them in?
Also, I had a question for you: my FO is Los Angeles and I got my NOA on June 29, my bio letter on July 12 saying they already have my bio so basically I am just waiting for my IL. My lawyer (an amazing guy!) contacted a USCIS agent (he didn't tell me yet if it was Tier 2) today to try to expedite it and the agent said for it to happen that I need to "show financial distress or show that receiving the green card is a matter of life and death". Which is not the case for me. Do you guys think that checking in with them and reminding them that it is time-sensitive is a good idea or should I just wait and see? Thanks so much!
You need to send an access request directly from the spreadsheet. I feel there’s plenty of time left to be patient. Compare your progress with other folks from your FO (if any is listed on the spreadsheet) to get a better idea of how you’re fairing.

Biometrics Early Walk-In.

How are u guys doing Early Walking for Biometrics?

My bio is scheduled for Aug 16 at 8 AM.
Can I do this bio early? If yes at what time should I go there?

Please guide me and tell me what I should bring to the appointment. Thank you.
There’s no secret or magic to a walk-in attempt, it is a matter of luck. Some folks have reported being able to do a walk-in early in the morning (as soon as the ASC opens), some reported just before lunch time, for some it was just before closing time. Some have also had success at other times in between the above listed, so it is simply a matter of luck.

What you need to take with you for a walk-in is the same as for the regular time slot, the exception is if you already have some earlier scheduled/planned trip which falls on the same day as your bio date. In that case, you take evidence of this planned trip (such as flight booking, hotel reservation, travel justification, etc) in addition to what is listed on the bio notice when going for the walk-in attempt.

I just had a chat with a live agent through Emma and came to know that my 'Bio' has not been scheduled yet and then I asked whether my case file has been sent to FO? answer was it is in NBC. When will the case file be sent to FO? I see lots of people getting ILs without 'Bio' being scheduled?
The agent saying your file is still at the NBC does not necessarily mean that indeed is the case. Looking at your timeline on the spreadsheet and comparing to one other fellow from your FO who already got their IL, your timeline appears to be on track. Also one other case filed around the same time as you shows the same update.

For anyone still waiting for TIER 2 call back, they just called me back. My request was placed on July 2nd so that’s one day over a month they’re on now (also my bio had already been scheduled so he couldn’t help me much beyond that as he told me my interview hasn’t been scheduled yet since bio hasn’t been completed)

Mom, I miraculously received a reply from KCC this morning saying this:

"Thank you for your inquiry.

KCC has received your request. Your adjustment paid receipt was resent to your current email address on July 15, 2021. In order to process your request, you must supply KCC with a different email address or a fax number. If you have not received your receipt."

I have definitely not received the email. I've checked it so many times, all folders including spam etc. I'm not sure how it got lost or whether they misspelt something. So I have responded with two email addresses they can send it to.
Do you think if for some reason I don't get their email with the receipt (worst case) then sending my FO the email KCC sent me will be sufficient?

The agent saying your file is still at the NBC does not necessarily mean that indeed is the case. Looking at your timeline on the spreadsheet and comparing to one other fellow from your FO who already got their IL, your timeline appears to be on track. Also one other case filed around the same time as you shows the same update.
Thank you for the reply.

KCC has received your request. Your adjustment paid receipt was resent to your current email address on July 15, 2021. In order to process your request, you must supply KCC with a different email address or a fax number. If you have not received your receipt."

I have definitely not received the email. I've checked it so many times, all folders including spam etc. I'm not sure how it got lost or whether they misspelt something. So I have responded with two email addresses they can send it to.
Do you think if for some reason I don't get their email with the receipt (worst case) then sending my FO the email KCC sent me will be sufficient?
Haven't you already responded to your FO as discussed? If you've done so, what you already sent will suffice in a worst case scenario.

Same happened with me if you have tracking number you will get it end of this week or early next week....next email will be receipt attached

My follow to join update /experience. I hope this will help all the others to get reunited with their spouses

May 11th - My GC got approved. Called the embassy and explained to them about out case and time sensitivity of the Dv case- they said to email them my case number and the evidence my wifes a resident of the country(passport) and DS260 confirmation

May 12- Embassy emailed me a list of civil surgeon my wife needed to go to get the medical. They told me to email them back once a medical was completed. The DS260 portal also got updated to show my wifes case was in her home country

June 2- Complete the medical and emailed the embassy . They emailed back an appointment for June 16 but got postponed to June 30

June 30 - Pretty simple interview - just had asked personal questions that was it - The embassy however had taken all copies of our documents. Copy of my GC /marriage cert/ photos of us etc. Embassy also had retained her passport and said they will let her know when the visa was ready

July 2 - Emailed recieved from embassy stating they have a technical issue printing th visa- Explantion given was since primary applicants application was tied to my wife so they cannot print only derivatives visa and they are working on it to get it resolved.

July 30 - senators office requested for an update

August 3 - After nearly a month of wait we recieved an email stating visa was printed and to pick up the passport

Key learnings for all FTJs- since the timeline is tight for you'll do not wait for the i824 . Contact the embassy and try to explain them your situation and work with them. They do not actually need the i824 to go through , they can request your case before the i824 gets approved. In fact my i824 is still pending. Also senator/congressperson can really help you with this situation.

Good luck to you all !
@Xenobia @hap3158

Last edited: