• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi Mom, my FO is Brooklyn (which I know typically has interviews in August) but I have yet to receive my IL despite my number being current in October 2020 and getting my biometrics done in February 2021. I can see that two others from the same OC region with current months of October and June have already received their IL so it makes me nervous that I have yet to receive mine.

On 22nd July, I contacted a Tier 1 agent via Emma chat who said my interview hadn't been scheduled so I requested a Tier 2 agent call back which they arranged and said to wait up to 30 days for a call back.

On 29th July, my local congresswoman's office submitted a request/inquiry with USCIS for me and also said to wait up to 30 days for a response.

Although I am still hopefully that I will get an IL sometime this month, is there anything else I can do to really ensure that it happens in time? I would rather not wait until the end of August to escalate even more somehow. Thank you :)

My follow to join update /experience. I hope this will help all the others to get reunited with their spouses

May 11th - My GC got approved. Called the embassy and explained to them about out case and time sensitivity of the Dv case- they said to email them my case number and the evidence my wifes a resident of the country(passport) and DS260 confirmation

May 12- Embassy emailed me a list of civil surgeon my wife needed to go to get the medical. They told me to email them back once a medical was completed. The DS260 portal also got updated to show my wifes case was in her home country

June 2- Complete the medical and emailed the embassy . They emailed back an appointment for June 16 but got postponed to June 30

June 30 - Pretty simple interview - just had asked personal questions that was it - The embassy however had taken all copies of our documents. Copy of my GC /marriage cert/ photos of us etc. Embassy also had retained her passport and said they will let her know when the visa was ready

July 2 - Emailed recieved from embassy stating they have a technical issue printing th visa- Explantion given was since primary applicants application was tied to my wife so they cannot print only derivatives visa and they are working on it to get it resolved.

July 30 - senators office requested for an update

August 3 - After nearly a month of wait we recieved an email stating visa was printed and to pick up the passport

Key learnings for all FTJs- since the timeline is tight for you'll do not wait for the i824 . Contact the embassy and try to explain them your situation and work with them. They do not actually need the i824 to go through , they can request your case before the i824 gets approved. In fact my i824 is still pending. Also senator/congressperson can really help you with this situation.

Good luck to you all !
@Xenobia @hap3158
GREAT news! Congratulations.

Hi Mom, my FO is Brooklyn (which I know typically has interviews in August) but I have yet to receive my IL despite my number being current in October 2020 and getting my biometrics done in February 2021. I can see that two others from the same OC region with current months of October and June have already received their IL so it makes me nervous that I have yet to receive mine.

On 22nd July, I contacted a Tier 1 agent via Emma chat who said my interview hadn't been scheduled so I requested a Tier 2 agent call back which they arranged and said to wait up to 30 days for a call back.

On 29th July, my local congresswoman's office submitted a request/inquiry with USCIS for me and also said to wait up to 30 days for a response.

Although I am still hopefully that I will get an IL sometime this month, is there anything else I can do to really ensure that it happens in time? I would rather not wait until the end of August to escalate even more somehow. Thank you :)
Your case/timeline is similar to @misterpaul who was current and filed in Oct, (also OC region like you by the way :)) who recently got the IL for an August date. You can also initiate an Ombudsman inquiry like they did. Read about their update here

My follow to join update /experience. I hope this will help all the others to get reunited with their spouses

May 11th - My GC got approved. Called the embassy and explained to them about out case and time sensitivity of the Dv case- they said to email them my case number and the evidence my wifes a resident of the country(passport) and DS260 confirmation

May 12- Embassy emailed me a list of civil surgeon my wife needed to go to get the medical. They told me to email them back once a medical was completed. The DS260 portal also got updated to show my wifes case was in her home country

June 2- Complete the medical and emailed the embassy . They emailed back an appointment for June 16 but got postponed to June 30

June 30 - Pretty simple interview - just had asked personal questions that was it - The embassy however had taken all copies of our documents. Copy of my GC /marriage cert/ photos of us etc. Embassy also had retained her passport and said they will let her know when the visa was ready

July 2 - Emailed recieved from embassy stating they have a technical issue printing th visa- Explantion given was since primary applicants application was tied to my wife so they cannot print only derivatives visa and they are working on it to get it resolved.

August 3 - After nearly a month of wait we recieved an email stating visa was printed and to pick up the passport

Key learnings for all FTJs- since the timeline is tight for you'll do not wait for the i824 . Contact the embassy and try to explain them your situation and work with them. They do not actually need the i824 to go through , they can request your case before the i824 gets approved. In fact my i824 is still pending. Also senator/congressperson can really help you with this situation.

Good luck to you all !
@Xenobia @hap3158
excellent! Can you remind us which embassy this was please?

One question i wanted to ask you MOM/Susie- my wifes flying in from an europe country - does the ban applies to her since shes a spouse of a LPR ? I know this is not a related question here just thought id ask :)

One question i wanted to ask you MOM/Susie- my wifes flying in from an europe country - does the ban applies to her since shes a spouse of a LPR ? I know this is not a related question here just thought id ask :)
No, all immigrant visas are exempt. https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...id-19-travel-restrictions-and-exceptions.html

She might have to argue that case with the airline judging from some other experiences though so make sure she gets to the airport early and knows to insist they call their CBP liaison if she gets hassles about being boarded.

Good luck to you all !
@Xenobia @hap3158
Awesome!!

Talked to an agent to inquire whether background check has been cleared or not since it's been 4 weeks today since I did Bio (Tuesday, July 6th). Didn't know that they don't have access to that info.

1.png
2.png

Wow - not sure we’ve had another Icelandic embassy experience reported here! (We have however had similarly helpful embassy experiences reported in the past for FTJ.)
I have to say - They were extremely helpful and replied to emails very quickly

No, all immigrant visas are exempt. https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...id-19-travel-restrictions-and-exceptions.html

She might have to argue that case with the airline judging from some other experiences though so make sure she gets to the airport early and knows to insist they call their CBP liaison if she gets hassles about being boarded.
In addition to what Susie already stated above, she should also print out the information from the link shared and have it handy when she goes to the airport. And she should consider doing an in-person check-in as against online.

In addition to what Susie already stated above, she should also print out the information from the link shared and have it handy when she goes to the airport. And she should consider doing an in-person check-in as against online.
will do- thank you for the information

Hello Mom,
Today I contacted USCIS and asked about the biometrics and interview. They said that it is not scheduled yet. Our packages were delivered on May 3rd, Payment was cashed on May 25th and NOA was received on June 1st. Should I wait for one or two more weeks or it is a good time to start a congressional inquiry?
Thanks in advance,

Hello Mom,
Today I contacted USCIS and asked about the biometrics and interview. They said that it is not scheduled yet. Our packages were delivered on May 3rd, Payment was cashed on May 25th and NOA was received on June 1st. Should I wait for one or two more weeks or it is a good time to start a congressional inquiry?
Thanks in advance,
I was beginning to wonder what happened to your case since we filed at the same time.

I personally think you should do everything now.
1) congressional inquiry (since it can take up to 30 days for USCIS to give your congress office a response and mine's still pending)
2) Ombudsman (takes forever too)
3) Schedule a Tier 2 call

Can everything be done in 2 months? Sure. But I think it's safer to figure out what's going on with your case.