• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Miracles still Happen!
Hello,
We had our interview today.
The FO didn't have our appointment on their list when we first gave them our interview notice. The IO was informed that we were there and he called us after 20 minutes.

Right before asking any question, IO said our file is complete and is approvable right away. He then asked us about the principal applicants' job (not employed right now) and he went over the i-485 including yes/no questions (total 15 minutes). Then he said he will look at the availability of visas and then he looked at his computer and told us that one is available for both of us. He congratulated us and said he will send the approval to the Chicago Asylum office to close our asylum case.
My husband told him that we are out of status and we can be granted an exception because the expiry of our legal status was not our fault (delay in USCIS decision after our interview back in 2017). The officer said it is in fact USCIS's fault and that we are presumed to have legal status.

I got really nervous because he did not ask about the asylum case, did not ask about medical (about latent TB), I reported about a prior arrest/detention in my home country (was not asked any evidence), he did not mention about waiting for the asylum documents for him to come nor did he mention about waiting for KCC to send our file.

We finished the interview at 2 pm and at 4 pm our case status shows "New Card is Ordered....." YEAAHHHHHHH!!
I was worried if a supervisor will see our document and RFE us. Hopefully, this means our case is approved like FINAL approval!

Thanks, Mom and everyone else for all your help. It has been a stressful journey and nothing else made it easier but this forum.

God Bless You All!

Miracles still Happen!
Hello,
The FO didn't have our appointment on their list when we first gave them our interview notice. The IO was informed that we were there and he called us after 20 minutes.

Right before asking any question, IO said our file is complete and is approvable right away. He then asked us about the principal applicants' job (not employed right now) and he went over the i-485 including yes/no questions (total 15 minutes). Then he said he will look at the availability of visas and then he looked at his computer and told us that one is available for both of us. He congratulated us and said he will send the approval to the Chicago Asylum office to close our asylum case.
My husband told him that we are out of status and we can be granted an exception because the expiry of our legal status was not our fault (delay in USCIS decision after our interview back in 2017). The officer said it is in fact USCIS's fault and that we are presumed to have legal status.

I got really nervous because he did not ask about the asylum case, did not ask about medical (about latent TB), I reported about a prior arrest/detention in my home country (was not asked any evidence), he did not mention about waiting for the asylum documents for him to come nor did he mention about waiting for KCC to send our file.

We finished the interview at 2 pm and at 4 pm our case status shows "New Card is Ordered....." YEAAHHHHHHH!!
I was worried if a supervisor will see our document and RFE us. Hopefully, this means our case is approved like FINAL approval!

Thanks, Mom and everyone else for all your help. It has been a stressful journey and nothing else made it easier but this forum.

God Bless You All!
Congrats on your new life!

Hi Mom,
After contacting USCIS on Friday and telling them that I never received an interview letter, agent replied that I need to wait for notice in mail. Today I have a new update on online case status check saying my case was denied and notice with the reason was sent.
I inquired Tier 2 agent call today, they say agent will call me back within 72 hours.
What would you suggest?
Hmm, that sucks! At this point, you really can't do anything (AFAIK) until after you've received the actual denial letter to help you better understand why the case was denied. If the denial reason is listed as failure to attend your interview as scheduled, you'll need to contact your House of Rep or Senator immediately and request their assistance in letting your FO know you never received the IL and the efforts you've been making to follow up on this case since you filed. You should also contact the Ombudsman's office and seek their help. Finally, request an INFOPASS to enable you go to your FO in person and plead your case (it may be hard to get the INFOPASS, but no harm in asking).

Again, before you embark on any of the above suggestions, please wait until you receive the denial letter. I know time is of essence, but without having a formal reason as to why the case was denied, I don't think you can get the help you need.

Miracles still Happen!
Hello,

God Bless You All!
Great update. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Hmm, that sucks! At this point, you really can't do anything (AFAIK) until after you've received the actual denial letter to help you better understand why the case was denied. If the denial reason is listed as failure to attend your interview as scheduled, you'll need to contact your House of Rep or Senator immediately and request their assistance in letting your FO know you never received the IL and the efforts you've been making to follow up on this case since you filed. You should also contact the Ombudsman's office and seek their help. Finally, request an INFOPASS to enable you go to your FO in person and plead your case (it may be hard to get the INFOPASS, but no harm in asking).

Again, before you embark on any of the above suggestions, please wait until you receive the denial letter. I know time is of essence, but without having a formal reason as to why the case was denied, I don't think you can get the help you need.
Okay. Thanks

Miracles still Happen!
Hello,

God Bless You All!
Congratulations!!
Did the officer ask about why you are out of status or did you volunteer that information?

I had a chat with a live agent today and asked about my case status. This is the response I got
"The case is currently in process at this time. You can get an idea of how long it will take to process your case from the processing time table available on our website at egov.uscis.gov/processing-times. If your receipt date is before the “Receipt date for a case inquiry," you can submit an e-request at egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do."
This is the most non-response response I've ever received.
I was only able to verify two things that our interview appointment is not yet scheduled and the case was transferred from San Jose to Fresno.
I asked what date the transfer took place but the agent was not able to give me the date.
Can I ask do you live closer to Fresno? I'm waiting on a bio and/or interview appointment at San Jose, and (naturally) can't help wondering what this might mean for me. (I actually live on the line between the San Jose and San Francisco jurisdictions, I think).

Can I ask do you live closer to Fresno? I'm waiting on a bio and/or interview appointment at San Jose, and (naturally) can't help wondering what this might mean for me. (I actually live on the line between the San Jose and San Francisco jurisdictions, I think).
SF and SJ FOs have been handing over some stuff to Fresno to help alleviate the workload at their offices. (Example my daughter’s naturalization interview a couple months back was conductd by Fresno (they sent the notice and provided the interviewer), but she was physically in the SF FO, and I’ve read of other SF and SJ cases being handled by Fresno)

My FO is Manhattan, same for ASC but tried LIC this morning.

@snzbrn, thank you for your feedback, what were the times you got rejected by Manhattan and Hackensack?
I'll try Manhattan later this week and Elizabeth if this is not working and if both are not working, I'll just wait for my appointment.
Hackensack: I got there around 7:30 am, it wasn't busy, and I was the first one in the line and they simply refused to do a walk-in.
Manhattan: next morning around 7:45, there was a long line in front of ASC. I convinced security to let me in and had to wait until 11 am (the time in my bio letter). When I finally got in, I was told that they wouldn't accept cases that are assigned to other ASCs.

SF and SJ FOs have been handing over some stuff to Fresno to help alleviate the workload at their offices. (Example my daughter’s naturalization interview a couple months back was conductd by Fresno (they sent the notice and provided the interviewer), but she was physically in the SF FO, and I’ve read of other SF and SJ cases being handled by Fresno)
Thanks, that's interesting info. I'd drive to Fresno right now this moment if I could get any movement on my case!

I had a chat with a live agent today and asked about my case status. This is the response I got
"The case is currently in process at this time. You can get an idea of how long it will take to process your case from the processing time table available on our website at egov.uscis.gov/processing-times. If your receipt date is before the “Receipt date for a case inquiry," you can submit an e-request at egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do."
This is the most non-response response I've ever received.
I was only able to verify two things that our interview appointment is not yet scheduled and the case was transferred from San Jose to Fresno.
I asked what date the transfer took place but the agent was not able to give me the date.
Thanks for the update! CA seems slow in scheduling interviews in general by looking at the spreadsheet.

This is so helpful and I think so too! Thank you so much ollie-o for letting us know. Really appreciate that :) let us prepare ourselves for the interview then. Kind of wish it could be set earlier to be honest.
Like you told me they process as batches. So when Ollie told us the interview date I checked it and our interview was also scheduled to the same date.