• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi all! Quick question, I sent my DV fee about 2 months ago and have yet not received a receipt. I emailed KCC twice with no response, other than the copy/paste message we always get saying my DS-260 has been processed etc.

Does anyone know if would hurt to send another DV fee in case my first one got lost somewhere? I recently completed my biometrics so I only have interview left, which I require the receipt for.

Thanks all

Hi all! Quick question, I sent my DV fee about 2 months ago and have yet not received a receipt. I emailed KCC twice with no response, other than the copy/paste message we always get saying my DS-260 has been processed etc.

Does anyone know if would hurt to send another DV fee in case my first one got lost somewhere? I recently completed my biometrics so I only have interview left, which I require the receipt for.

Thanks all
exact same thing has happened to me. Did you include a SASE with your payment?

Anyone who successfully managed to do a walk-in for the biometrics in the NY/NJ area? I just see one in Hackensack, NJ on 7/27. I tried in LIC at 8 am today and they told me they expected 400 people today and won't accept walk in, they were not able to advise if another day/time would be better.
Hi, I was assigned to Hackensack ASC, however, they didn't let me do a walk-in, after another failure at the Manhattan center I tried Elizabeth, and surprisingly they accepted me with no question!

Last edited:
exact same thing has happened to me. Did you include a SASE with your payment?
I did. Do you know if anything else is needed. I used to CP processing and have emailed KCC about the switch but never got a human response.

I am thinking about sending another fee if we know that would not add confusion.

Thoughts?

@2fingerscrossed you should try scheduling a callback through calling USCIS. I did that today and they gave the 72 hour window for the call back. I gave a detailed explanation of my situation.

But since it does say “Diversity Visa Program” on your NOA, I find it unlikely that they categorized your case incorrectly. Clarifying with a Tier 2 would seem reasonable if you’re still concerned.
Thank you. I also contacted them today, and they said that my case is still at NBC! I was assuming that it was at FO by now since the NOA was received in 07/08. Also, they mentioned that I am in queue to receive a call from Tier 2, and should expect a call within 30 days! I think I will wait for 72 hours before reaching out to them again.

mom, thank you, I've sent the emails.

I just noticed on the timeline that @pbj made two DV payments after waiting for her first payment to be cashed, which took 1.5 months but by then she had already made another, receiving the receipt after 34 days. Note that my check was cashed a few days after I sent it.

How long do you suggest I wait for KCC to reply until I make the move of making a second payment? I'm happy to do so if it means being in time to receive a receipt and being able to show it at interview. Around the same time I received the FO email this morning my case status updated to ready for scheduling. 35 days from now brings me to the second week of september.
I don't have any suggestion. Make a new payment now, or whenever you want - I consider it totally unnecessary. But your case, your call.

Thanks all
1. What form of payment did you use?
2. Have you checked to see if and when that payment was cashed or processed?
3. Did you include a SASE with your payment?

By the way, I'm curious as to why you are getting the "copy/paste message we always get saying my DS-260 has been processed".
4. Where you previously processing CP? If yes, did you inform KCC of your plan to switch to AOS?

1. What form of payment did you use?
2. Have you checked to see if and when that payment was cashed or processed?
3. Did you include a SASE with your payment?

By the way, I'm curious as to why you are getting the "copy/paste message we always get saying my DS-260 has been processed".
4. Where you previously processing CP? If yes, did you inform KCC of your plan to switch to AOS?
1/2. I used a cashier's check, which I can see that it was cashed.
3. Yes

4. Yes, I was previously processing CP, I did email KCC multiple times in the past few months about the switch but never received any confirmation email. Do you think this could lead to receipt not being sent? Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks again!!

Hi,
I received NOA on 07/08, but I have not received a notice for biometrics and interview appointment yet. I talked to a live agent on Friday via Emma inquiring about the same, and notified her about the time-sensitivity nature of DV-based AOS cases. However, the agent told me that the processing time for my case is 9 months to 21.5 months and my case was still within the timeframe, and hung up! I think probably she checked the processing time using this link: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/. However, I think the processing time displayed there does not apply for DV-based AOS cases. There is also a possibility that my case was mistakenly included under "regular" AOS category. I again contacted them via Emma, and told them that my case could have been placed under "regular" AOS cases mistakenly, and requested for Tier 2 assistance. The agent said that the Tier 2 agent will contact me within 30 days! Moreover, I also emailed our Senator requesting Congressional Inquiry for my yesterday since we only have less than 2 months left. I will notify you once I receive any updates from Tier 2 and/or Senator Office regarding my case. Do you have any suggestions?
Standard response regarding the processing time. USCIS does not track DV based AOS applications separately.

do you consider it totally unnecessary because my payment has been cashed?
I think that is a no brainer. It will be a different case if payment hasn't been delivered by now, or it hasn't been cashed. You already have the proof your payment was processed/cashed.

1/2. I used a cashier's check, which I can see that it was cashed.
3. Yes

4. Yes, I was previously processing CP, I did email KCC multiple times in the past few months about the switch but never received any confirmation email. Do you think this could lead to receipt not being sent? Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks again!!
I don't see a need for a new payment if your previous payment has already been cashed/processed, but you can make a new payment if you like. If you take a look at the timeline spreadsheet, a few folks have reported waiting somewhere between 40 to 51 days to get back the receipt.

KCC will send the receipt regardless of if the switch request is acknowledged or not. You however need to be sure your KCC file has not been processed and sent off to the embassy already though, this will impact your AOS approval if the KCC file already got sent to the embassy (or gets sent before the FO with jurisdiction over your AOS application send in a request to KCC for the case file).

I think that is a no brainer. It will be a different case if payment hasn't been delivered by now, or it hasn't been cashed. You already have the proof your payment was processed/cashed.
ok thanks mom. You can imagine my concern since it's been 53 days so i'm hoping it arrives any day now *fingers crossed*