• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Anyone who successfully managed to do a walk-in for the biometrics in the NY/NJ area? I just see one in Hackensack, NJ on 7/27. I tried in LIC at 8 am today and they told me they expected 400 people today and won't accept walk in, they were not able to advise if another day/time would be better.
I know this is frustrating for those of you trying to attempt a walk in but I see this as great news, it indicates that the ASCs are pretty much back to full capacity operation.

Does anyone know the standard hours for ASCs, assuming there is such a thing?

I had my interview today. There isn't much to report - he just went through the security questions from the form. He didn't want to see any documents from me whatsoever except my original notification letter. He was not familiar with DV cases at all but he said there should be no problem with approving it once he has time to research it.

But he said he might call me today for a bio walk in. I was just wondering if anyone knows the usual hours so I know what time to stop expecting the call.

I had my interview today. There isn't much to report - he just went through the security questions from the form. He didn't want to see any documents from me whatsoever except my original notification letter. He was not familiar with DV cases at all but he said there should be no problem with approving it once he has time to research it.

But he said he might call me today for a bio walk in. I was just wondering if anyone knows the usual hours so I know what time to stop expecting the call.
Congrats on finishing the interview.

Just check YOUR ASC for operating hours. I know not all ASCs are the same (you could consider 4 pm as a standard though!)

Just use ASC locator, click on the ASC, it gives you the working hours. Some have extended hours (6 am- 6 pm) according to the website since May to accommodate the backlog.

Look yours up under ASCs on this page (what would be) mine has extended hours post pandemic to try catch up.

edit : this is only the list that has extehded hours, check Google for your local one if not in here

Just use ASC locator, click on the ASC, it gives you the working hours. Some have extended hours (6 am- 6 pm) according to the website since May to accommodate the backlog.

It doesn't show me hours, just the address

Look yours up under ASCs on this page (what would be) mine has extended hours post pandemic to try catch up.

edit : this is only the list that has extehded hours, check Google for your local one if not in here

It's not on the list for extended hours, and google doesn't know either.

Not to worry, I'll just keep the phone close all the time. He said if he didn't call me today he'd send me an appointment letter anyway.

I had a chat with a live agent today and asked about my case status. This is the response I got
"The case is currently in process at this time. You can get an idea of how long it will take to process your case from the processing time table available on our website at egov.uscis.gov/processing-times. If your receipt date is before the “Receipt date for a case inquiry," you can submit an e-request at egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do."
This is the most non-response response I've ever received.
I was only able to verify two things that our interview appointment is not yet scheduled and the case was transferred from San Jose to Fresno.
I asked what date the transfer took place but the agent was not able to give me the date.

mom, thank you, I've sent the emails.

I just noticed on the timeline that @pbj made two DV payments after waiting for her first payment to be cashed, which took 1.5 months but by then she had already made another, receiving the receipt after 34 days. Note that my check was cashed a few days after I sent it.

How long do you suggest I wait for KCC to reply until I make the move of making a second payment? I'm happy to do so if it means being in time to receive a receipt and being able to show it at interview. Around the same time I received the FO email this morning my case status updated to ready for scheduling. 35 days from now brings me to the second week of september.
Hello! I only sent the 2nd payment because my 1st one hadn't been cashed after 1mo while it's usually cashed a couple of days later, I thought my mail was lost in the system! If yours is cashed I suggest you just email KCC for the digital receipt.

@2fingerscrossed you should try scheduling a callback through calling USCIS. I did that today and they gave the 72 hour window for the call back. I gave a detailed explanation of my situation.

But since it does say “Diversity Visa Program” on your NOA, I find it unlikely that they categorized your case incorrectly. Clarifying with a Tier 2 would seem reasonable if you’re still concerned.
Hello,
how do you schedule a callback, and how does it differ from a case inquiry we’d do with a Tier 2? Last time I did it, they called me back in a month.

Hi Mom,
After contacting USCIS on Friday and telling them that I never received an interview letter, agent replied that I need to wait for notice in mail. Today I have a new update on online case status check saying my case was denied and notice with the reason was sent.
I inquired Tier 2 agent call today, they say agent will call me back within 72 hours.
What would you suggest?

@starkova Once I get a hold of a Tier 1 agent via phone, I:
1) Explain what the Diversity Visa Program is (40-ish business days left before deadline)
2) Explain my timeline
3) Asked for a Tier 2 callback and specifically for the 72 hour window
4) Reiterate the time-sensitive nature of DV

I’ve personally never tried a FO inquiry.

Hi Lucio,

I was there this morning and the ASC in LIC was packed. I also tried to do a walk-in a couple of weeks ago but they told us to wait for our appointment - which BTW was today. Out of curiosity, based on your ZIP code, which is your FO? Queens, Manhattan or Brooklyn?

Thanks.
My FO is Manhattan, same for ASC but tried LIC this morning.
Hi, I was assigned to Hackensack ASC, however, they didn't let me do a walk-in, after another failure at the Manhattan center I tried Elizabeth, and surprisingly they accepted me with no question!
@snzbrn, thank you for your feedback, what were the times you got rejected by Manhattan and Hackensack?
I'll try Manhattan later this week and Elizabeth if this is not working and if both are not working, I'll just wait for my appointment.

Today I have a new update on online case status check saying my case was denied and notice with the reason was sent.
Since you are not on the timeline, what was your status at the time of filling? Is there any reason that you suspect why they denied your case? Have you ever violated your status or part take in unauthorized work?

My FO is Manhattan, same for ASC but tried LIC this morning.

@snzbrn, thank you for your feedback, what were the times you got rejected by Manhattan and Hackensack?
I'll try Manhattan later this week and Elizabeth if this is not working and if both are not working, I'll just wait for my appointment.
Please update the timeline spreadsheet with your actual FO: Manhattan, NY. New York, NY (which you currently listed) is misleading.