• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

You can send what you currently have to the FO, with an additional note stating KCC is yet to send you the payment receipt itself - do that ASAP!. Follow up with KCC by sending another email request for them to email you with a copy of the receipt (I suggest you use a new email page, and not use the old email thread to KCC by the way).
Thanks mom, will do right away :) Should I also state in my email that if they require me to, I can pay for the DV fee again?

@maryasenath I saw that your bio has been scheduled! So happy for you! I'm under the same ASC and just messaged EMMA and they said bio hasn't been scheduled yet. Have you followed up your case through any inquiries? (expedition, congress, etc.) Thank you!
Hi @Sorenk, glad you got your bio scheduled as well. I have not yet done any follow up except with Tier 1 agent.

Thanks mom, will do right away :) Should I also state in my email that if they require me to, I can pay for the DV fee again?
That is unnecessary, USCIS does not process the DV fee. Don't complicate things with unnecessary information.

Hi mom, I just received an email from the Los Angeles FO saying this:

"Review of your I-485 application indicates proof of payment for your DV application was not submitted. Please provide proof of DV application payment. You may email the proof of payment or fax it to ..... Please reply to this email acknowledging receipt."

I still haven't heard back from KCC about my receipt. If you recall, I had forgotten to include the SASE with my payment and asked for it to be emailed back to me. It's been 3 times I have emailed them now. All I have is a copy of the bank check, transaction receipt and bank statement showing the payment was taken out. What do you suggest I do from this point? Email what I have to the FO or call them? Pay the DV fee again?
It toke a month to receive it via mail
And 2 months via email it cashed out 5/3 and received 7/2 via email ...

@Abdulmalik I did a walk-in this afternoon, it was fine for me. I got my biometrics letter via email yesterday for August 20th appointment. The email stated that this request was a field office expedite to process me as quickly as possible and the email also mentioned that I can appear at my earliest convenience, and that the best times are in the afternoon when there are fewer applications. I showed the guy at the front desk the printout and he let me through so I'm not sure if its because of the email. The place was empty anyway and it took less than 5 minutes!
My process from time of AOS acceptance at lockbox to doing biometrics took less than 2 weeks!
I went today morning, they said no walk on you have to come back on 8/20 so I have to be patient and wait ‍

Update on biometrics - New Jersey
My kids attempted walk in today at Hackensack and Elizabeth. Hackensack was a hard no and they said that you can only do biometrics at the asc that your assigned to based on your zip code. ( there was a short line and not busy at all). At Elizabeth it was very busy and they were not even letting in people who’s appointment was in an hour. My daughter still asked and lady said that they do not do walk in under any circumstance but she can still try another day.

Hi,
I received NOA on 07/08, but I have not received a notice for biometrics and interview appointment yet. I talked to a live agent on Friday via Emma inquiring about the same, and notified her about the time-sensitivity nature of DV-based AOS cases. However, the agent told me that the processing time for my case is 9 months to 21.5 months and my case was still within the timeframe, and hung up! I think probably she checked the processing time using this link: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/. However, I think the processing time displayed there does not apply for DV-based AOS cases. There is also a possibility that my case was mistakenly included under "regular" AOS category. I again contacted them via Emma, and told them that my case could have been placed under "regular" AOS cases mistakenly, and requested for Tier 2 assistance. The agent said that the Tier 2 agent will contact me within 30 days! Moreover, I also emailed our Senator requesting Congressional Inquiry for my yesterday since we only have less than 2 months left. I will notify you once I receive any updates from Tier 2 and/or Senator Office regarding my case. Do you have any suggestions?

mom, thank you, I've sent the emails.

I just noticed on the timeline that @pbj made two DV payments after waiting for her first payment to be cashed, which took 1.5 months but by then she had already made another, receiving the receipt after 34 days. Note that my check was cashed a few days after I sent it.

How long do you suggest I wait for KCC to reply until I make the move of making a second payment? I'm happy to do so if it means being in time to receive a receipt and being able to show it at interview. Around the same time I received the FO email this morning my case status updated to ready for scheduling. 35 days from now brings me to the second week of september.

My bio appointment was this morning in Cleveland. No line but no going through the security until 15 minutes before appointment. ASC itself one person in line. less than 5 minutes in and out of the office. now i just hope my IL notice will arrive soon.

Anyone who successfully managed to do a walk-in for the biometrics in the NY/NJ area? I just see one in Hackensack, NJ on 7/27. I tried in LIC at 8 am today and they told me they expected 400 people today and won't accept walk in, they were not able to advise if another day/time would be better.

Anyone who successfully managed to do a walk-in for the biometrics in the NY/NJ area? I just see one in Hackensack, NJ on 7/27. I tried in LIC at 8 am today and they told me they expected 400 people today and won't accept walk in, they were not able to advise if another day/time would be better.
Hi Lucio,

I was there this morning and the ASC in LIC was packed. I also tried to do a walk-in a couple of weeks ago but they told us to wait for our appointment - which BTW was today. Out of curiosity, based on your ZIP code, which is your FO? Queens, Manhattan or Brooklyn?

Thanks.

@2fingerscrossed you should try scheduling a callback through calling USCIS. I did that today and they gave the 72 hour window for the call back. I gave a detailed explanation of my situation.

But since it does say “Diversity Visa Program” on your NOA, I find it unlikely that they categorized your case incorrectly. Clarifying with a Tier 2 would seem reasonable if you’re still concerned.