• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Thanks! I did early in May but no response yet :rolleyes:
I think May is when they receive the most applications cause that's graduation month. But it also means that your student status could potentially be extended if there is a delay to get it approved. Sorry, I'm gonna stop with OPT comments since it's off topic for this thread. Good luck! I hope you get your green card before OPT lol :)

Dear @yumyumjj,
We interviewed both on Detroit field office July 20, July 22
is your application approved?
or you still waiting for security clearance same as me?

@Sm1smom, is FTW dependats could delay the application approval?

I just received my GC in physical mail. Thanks again for everyone's help in this forum.

One last questions to ask.
Since I am a LPR right now, my F-1 status will no longer be valid which mean my OPT will not be valid as well. Am I required to inform my school and my firm's HR that I've already changed my status? Also, what other legal documents should I update? Thanks!

I just received my GC in physical mail. Thanks again for everyone's help in this forum.

One last questions to ask.
Since I am a LPR right now, my F-1 status will no longer be valid which mean my OPT will not be valid as well. Am I required to inform my school and my firm's HR that I've already changed my status? Also, what other legal documents should I update? Thanks!
1. Yes, should inform.
2. Not an answer: I'm not sure but the SS card has a line that states something about work authorization, maybe SSA have to update your card to reflect the new status. Not sure though.

Your friend, who should be a USC or a LPR, will need to fill out an I-134. They will also need to provide you with the applicable supporting documents for the I-134 - take a look at the AOS package tab of the AOS process spreadsheet for recommended documents demonstrating financial strength
Hi, Mom. Thank you for your reply last time. I wanted to ask another question related to my RFE. So one of requested RFE says:
Proof that you have arranged employment in the U.S. that will provide an adequate income for yourself and dependent family members, if any;
Is there any form that employer can fill and confirm that when I get my GC they will provide me with job?
how can I proof an arranged employment from any employer?
I'm looking for alternatives because I have troubles about to find sponsor :/

Hi, Mom. Thank you for your reply last time. I wanted to ask another question related to my RFE. So one of requested RFE says:
Proof that you have arranged employment in the U.S. that will provide an adequate income for yourself and dependent family members, if any;
Is there any form that employer can fill and confirm that when I get my GC they will provide me with job?
how can I proof an arranged employment from any employer?
I'm looking for alternatives because I have troubles about to find sponsor :/
That will be an employment letter. The company writes you an offer of employment letter on their letterhead paper.

Dear @yumyumjj,
We interviewed both on Detroit field office July 20, July 22
is your application approved?
or you still waiting for security clearance same as me?

@Sm1smom, is FTW dependats could delay the application approval?
Hi @hihi2 , My spouse and I are still waiting for case to be approved. Our status on USCIS website is "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken."

Thank goodness my husband finally has his FTJ interview scheduled in mid-Aug. I will post more details on how we got here later.

Questions:
1. I will not attend his FTJ interview at our embassy with him of course. Does he need any of the originals of my documents for his FTJ interview in addition to his own civil documents? Such as my birth certificate, education qualification (i.e. diploma) and I-485 approval notice, etc.

2. I filed I-824 requesting FTJ benefit and now NBC is in possession of my immigration records (i.e. approved I-485). In other words, my FO probably does not have my files anymore and cannot forward them to the embassy as a result. How will the embassy validate my AOS status if the I-824 is not approved and files are not forwarded to them before the FTJ interview?

Thank you in advance.

Congrats! May I know when did you send your I-824?
Did you call uscis to explain it's a dv-based FTJ and needs to be expedited once you got your 824 receipt number?

Add one more question: How long did it take to get the receipt number?
Sent out on July 1st and couple days ago shows $465 by chicago lock box but have not received receipt number..

Thank you!

Last edited:
Mom,

Summary: I sent my application on April and I received NoA on May. I had a valid insurance until June.

My university has sent an email that says they will charge me for summer insurance as F1 students are required to have health insurance during summer if they stay in the USA. However, if I am not mistaken technically I am not on F1 once USCIS accepts my application. Can they still charge me for summer insurance? I asked my university too, but I just want to know your opinion as well. Thank you as always.

Mom,

Summary: I sent my application on April and I received NoA on May. I had a valid insurance until June.

My university has sent an email that says they will charge me for summer insurance as F1 students are required to have health insurance during summer if they stay in the USA. However, if I am not mistaken technically I am not on F1 once USCIS accepts my application. Can they still charge me for summer insurance? I asked my university too, but I just want to know your opinion as well. Thank you as always.
It is always suggested that if possible you maintain your existing status until AOS is complete. If you don’t maintain it, then you roll into adjustment pending (I am not sure that your college will accept that is a valid status to study on by the way, probably not). If you maintain your prior status then … you need to maintain it, properly. You can’t only maintain the bits that suit you,

Mom,

You don’t simply fall out of your current status on the basis of having a pending AOS application. You’re still in whatever status you had when for sent in your AOS application until you either violate that status or your authorized stay expires, you’re therefore still required to comply with the requirements of that status.