• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello,

Good news I just received the interview invitation for August 20th. I have two questions.

- Only my name and case number were stated in the invitation. My wife is also applying with me, is this normal?
- I havent gotten a biometrics appointment. Can I try to walk in with the interview invitation?
1. The letter will cover you both.
2. No you can’t. You need the bio notice itself to attempt a bio walk-in.

Good morning. I have my appointment for Bio in August 09. I have not received the interview letter yet. Just I want to know if I am good in time with the process? I am afraid if I would not have to get my interview on time. Any recommendations? Thank you guys!

Good morning. I have my appointment for Bio in August 09. I have not received the interview letter yet. Just I want to know if I am good in time with the process? I am afraid if I would not have to get my interview on time. Any recommendations? Thank you guys!
Your case is on track. Which FO has jurisdiction over your case?

Hi Mom,
I was wondering if you had an idea how San Diego FO handles their DV cases? (e.g. bundling their DV cases to the end of the fiscal year, not scheduling interviews until BG is cleared?)

The most recent San Diego AOSer was back in 2017 (took 2.5 months for IL), so I can't really draw an idea of how SD FO is like.

Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Hi Mom,
I was wondering if you had an idea how San Diego FO handles their DV cases? (e.g. bundling their DV cases to the end of the fiscal year, not scheduling interviews until BG is cleared?)

The most recent San Diego AOSer was back in 2017 (took 2.5 months for IL), so I can't really draw an idea of how SD FO is like.

Thank you very much.
I’m sorry I don’t know the current practice at the SD FO.

I just saw on the timeline that two interviews were waived from the same Field Office: Orlando, FL. (Row 52 & 70).

Is it likely that the same will apply for the Tampa Field Office given that the 2021 fiscal year is coming to an end soon and the rise in COVID cases in Florida?

UPDATE:
Another observation: There are only three people on the timeline who got their interview waived and they are all from Florida.

I just saw on the timeline that two interviews were waived from the same Field Office: Orlando, FL. (Row 52 & 70).

Is it likely that the same will apply for the Tampa Field Office given that the 2021 fiscal year is coming to an end soon and the rise in COVID cases in Florida?

UPDATE:
Another observation: There are only three people on the timeline who got their interview waived and they are all from Florida.
It is a possibility nonetheless. But the fact that one IO decided to waive does not necessarily mean the other will do the same. If you want to bring in covid as a factor, hypothetically, your IO can decide not to schedule IL because of covid all together.

It is a possibility nonetheless. But the fact that one IO decided to waive does not necessarily mean the other will do the same. If you want to bring in covid as a factor, hypothetically, your IO can decide not to schedule IL because of covid all together.
I hope so. I mean it's kinda weird that Florida is the only state where interviews have been waived: two cases from the Orlando FO and one from Kendall FO). I'm checking informed delivery everyday and I'm looking forward to some good news this coming week.

Also, this coming Tuesday will be the fourth week since I went for the bio appointment but my case status has not updated to reflect that. What about yours?

Florida is the only state where interviews have been waived
More correctly, Florida is the only state where those DV cases that have reported here, have been waived. I’d note that (1) there are other FOs that have likely waived interviews that simply aren’t reported here (2) that some might be getting ready to waive interviews but have not done so yet (3) DV is not the only class that can get interviews waived. TL;DR - your sample is way too small to draw anything approaching a definitive conclusion.

More correctly, Florida is the only state where those DV cases that have reported here, have been waived. I’d note that (1) there are other FOs that have likely waived interviews that simply aren’t reported here (2) that some might be getting ready to waive interviews but have not done so yet (3) DV is not the only class that can get interviews waived. TL;DR - your sample is way too small to draw anything approaching a definitive conclusion.
Yes it's definitely too small of a sample to make a definitive conclusion. But I just checked the the COVID cases in the U.S. and it's pretty crazy in Florida right now. These are new cases from yesterday. Maybe that has something to do with the interviews being waived.

1627843613418.png

Also, this coming Tuesday will be the fourth week since I went for the bio appointment but my case status has not updated to reflect that. What about yours?
Was issued couple weeks ago, did a walk in couple days ago.