• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

I have a question. As a teacher, 3 years ago I did a background check at the police station of my city (New Orleans) before to start. They took my fingerprints... Could this help me with biometrics or is there no connection to USCIS?

@raphael1899
Not trying to generalize this! But in my case, even Tier 2 could not see my interview appointment (since it had not been updated in to the system from the FO side)
Same thing happened to me. I could see the IL arriving from my local FO thanks to USPS Informed Delivery, but when I contacted EMMA agents they couldn't see an interview scheduled in their system at all, so presumably the FO didn't update it at their end.

Same thing happened to me. I could see the IL arriving from my local FO thanks to USPS Informed Delivery, but when I contacted EMMA agents they couldn't see an interview scheduled in their system at all, so presumably the FO didn't update it at their end.
I think some officers update there case statuses others not. Me and few other folks here got updated their status to "Interview was Scheduled" and after that Emma told us the interview date.

Hi @Sm1smom,

My case is forwarded to San Bernardino office and my online status is "fingerprints taken". No IL yet. Considering KCC's response time is around 2 weeks and some interview letters come only 3-4 days in advance, do you think it is reasonable to email KCC and kindly ask them to transfer my files to FO- if not done yet?

Also, I was wondering your DV case experiences in San Bernardino FO. I checked the previous timelines and I found only one case. Looks like they are not very experienced in DV cases and 1 case is not enough to make inferences.

Thanks

Hi @Sm1smom,

My case is forwarded to San Bernardino office and my online status is "fingerprints taken". No IL yet. Considering KCC's response time is around 2 weeks and some interview letters come only 3-4 days in advance, do you think it is reasonable to email KCC and kindly ask them to transfer my files to FO- if not done yet?

Also, I was wondering your DV case experiences in San Bernardino FO. I checked the previous timelines and I found only one case. Looks like they are not very experienced in DV cases and 1 case is not enough to make inferences.

Thanks
You’re assuming KCC’s turnaround time to file request from the FO is the same as the turnaround time to email messages from selectees, or where did you get the 2 weeks response time conclusion from?
Anyway, case file request can only come directly from the FO, KCC will not honor such a request from the selectee.

As for the San Bernardino FO, while nothing readily comes to mind, I don’t think we can conclude the FO is not familiar with DV based AOS applications simply because we only have one reported case in this forum to go by.

You’re assuming KCC’s turnaround time to file request from the FO is the same as the turnaround time to email messages from selectees, or where did you get the 2 weeks response time conclusion from?
Anyway, case file request can only come directly from the FO, KCC will not honor such a request from the selectee.

As for the San Bernardino FO, while nothing readily comes to mind, I don’t think we can conclude the FO is not familiar with DV based AOS applications simply because we only have one reported case in this forum to go by.
Thank you for your quick response, Sm1smom.

Since I don’t have data, I cannot make any assumptions on turnaround times between KCC’s and FOs. I only took into consideration: KCC’s turnaround time to email messages from selectees -which is 2-3 weeks-,and assumed if FO hasn’t requested yet and I email this request, probably it will take around 2 weeks for KCC to send the file. But I didn’t know that KCC will not honor such a request from the selectee. I think I interpreted your answer (#8,378 to dapapa) wrong.

Hey guys! As our interview is scheduled for the next Friday I thought about asking KCC whether they sent my file to the field office. Do you think it makes sense to do it? Could it help in anyways in speeding up our case approval? Thanks!!

Yes, it makes sense to do so and highly encouraged as a matter of fact. You probably may not get a response before your interview though.

When KCC was still open to receiving calls, phoning to find out the status of the KCC was of tremendous help to AOSers. It doesn't mean KCC was forwarding the KCC file when people called to ask about the KCC files, they at least got to know if it was still pending or not. They got to know if their IO already requested the KCC file in advance or not, and in cases where it wasn't requested, applicants were able to gently remind the IO about the need to request the KCC file (which some new IOs were not aware of).

As for the San Bernardino FO, you are completely correct. Not all DV selectees who did AOS are in this forum. I was only hoping to find some more info on San Bernardino FO.

Thanks once again

My partner and I are still waiting for a biometrics letter (NOA dated June 23rd), and the Tier 1 live chat agents are telling me it's not scheduled yet.

When I tried to press as politely as I could, the agent reported that our case "is processing at the San Jose Field Office", and sent me to the web page that says I-485s at San Jose have a 22-25 month processing time, and not to make an inquiry until it's been ~2 years. I explained the DV timeline, and the agent responded "Please submit the e-Request for your biometrics notice" -- does anyone think that's worth pursuing?

Does our cases being with the FO seem consistent with the biometrics not being scheduled yet? I want to be encouraged by the idea our case is with the FO, as I know from reports from this year and previous years that the San Jose FO is generally on-the-ball with DV cases, so I'm hoping if our file has made it that far then we're in with a decent shot of getting this done in time. Note sure if the agent was just telling me what I wanted to hear though, tbh.
Hello. I have a simillar timeline. NOA dated June 23rd. Nothing after that. Communication with tier 1 agents doesn't help, just standard answers. I called USCIS last Friday (around an hour to wait on the phone), and the agent made an expedite request. I choose number one option (severe loss of income). I do not believe that it is gonna work based on Blade's experience. Will see.

I tried to submit the e-Request on USCIS website, but as long as you enter your dates, the system says that the case is under normal processing time, and it is not possible to submit the request.

My current plan is to wait for the result of expedite.

Hi mom, just out curiosity what is the response time frame of FO requesting the file of the selectee from KCC?Thank you

Since I don’t have data, I cannot make any assumptions on turnaround times between KCC’s and FOs. I only took into consideration: KCC’s turnaround time to email messages from selectees -which is 2-3 weeks-,and assumed if FO hasn’t requested yet and I email this request, probably it will take around 2 weeks for KCC to send the file. But I didn’t know that KCC will not honor such a request from the selectee. I think I interpreted your answer (#8,378 to dapapa) wrong.

Hey guys! As our interview is scheduled for the next Friday I thought about asking KCC whether they sent my file to the field office. Do you think it makes sense to do it? Could it help in anyways in speeding up our case approval? Thanks!!

Yes, it makes sense to do so and highly encouraged as a matter of fact. You probably may not get a response before your interview though.

When KCC was still open to receiving calls, phoning to find out the status of the KCC was of tremendous help to AOSers. It doesn't mean KCC was forwarding the KCC file when people called to ask about the KCC files, they at least got to know if it was still pending or not. They got to know if their IO already requested the KCC file in advance or not, and in cases where it wasn't requested, applicants were able to gently remind the IO about the need to request the KCC file (which some new IOs were not aware of).

As for the San Bernardino FO, you are completely correct. Not all DV selectees who did AOS are in this forum. I was only hoping to find some more info on San Bernardino FO.

Thanks once again
IMO, it is clear how the two questions differ:

You are asking for action (KCC to send your file), whereas, dapapa was asking for information (if KCC has sent her file).

Pro tip: use quotations and hyperlinks as necessary.

You are asking for action (KCC to send your file), whereas, dapapa was asking for information (if KCC has sent her file).

You are completely correct! I missed that. Thank you

First I thought asking for info can be considered as a subtle way of asking to take action. But If KCC only takes action on the request of FO, it won't work anyway.

BTW, congrats on your walk-in bio!

Thanks once again
Seems clear to me mom was talking about finding out the status of the KCC file, and specifically she says if not yet requested that applicants could gently remind the IO to request it - not that they could ask themselves for it to be sent.

@elisap
I just got my Bio letter, turns out we have the same date 08/18/2021
I'm thinking to try walk-in in the morning.
oh awesome! i haven't received mine yet. it seems it's stuck with usps still. and it was sent July 23! going to call uscis on monday as they said to do this if i haven't received it by then. are you going to walk into san fernando? wishing you luck, let me know if you're successful!

Seems clear to me mom was talking about finding out the status of the KCC file, and specifically she says if not yet requested that applicants could gently remind the IO to request it - not that they could ask themselves for it to be sent.
Thanks Susie,
@blade and @jasperrr.c helped me understand what I am missing.

But If KCC only takes action on the request of FO, it won't work anyway.
As susie mentioned, the way it works is that your next step then would be to send an inquiry w/ a gentle reminder to your IO.
BTW, congrats on your walk-in bio!
Thanks! I should not forget to give a shout-out to fellow OC gang member, @SweetMangos , for sharing his/her walk-in experience. My original ASC was Michigan City, but after an unsuccessful walk-in on Monday, I did try Norridge. I did try the same place earlier in the week and was told to ask on Thursday or Friday. I also tried Burbank, but the answer was no.

Last edited: