• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

USCIS customer service (800) 375-5283.
When you call, you need to get past the automated responses and ask to speak to an agent (Tier 1). The wait time is around an hour.

When you do get a hold of the Tier 1 agent, describe your situation well and the time-sensitive nature of DV cases, and ask to schedule for a Tier 2 agent. The key is to reiterate the urgency of your case.

Only then, can a Tier 2 agent help you with your biometrics.
Wow do all of you do that?? I am just waiting now - it's been 16 days since my NOA came in. I think that I'll give them a call then next week.

Did you ask the IO if your background check had cleared? That may be another reason for the delay and not just the pending KCC file alone. It is not possible to estimate how long it will or may take the IO to issue a decision and update you case file. You just have to continue being patient, 14 days of waiting is not a long wait per se.
Thank you , I did not ask IO about my background check, since he informed me that every thing looks ok , he is just waiting my KCC file to approve the case. As you said , I have nothing to do, I should wait. Thanks again

Thank you , I did not ask IO about my background check, since he informed me that every thing looks ok , he is just waiting my KCC file to approve the case. As you said , I have nothing to do, I should wait. Thanks again
It isn’t unusual for the IO to say everything looks okay at the end of the interview only for the applicant to wait for an extended period of time because their background check clearance is pending before being approved.

Asking the IO if the background check has already cleared (for those who completed the bio prior to their appointment) and if they already received (or sent for the KCC file as the case may be) helps narrow down potential source of delay.

Hello everyone, i have attached a document that i received from KCC. I do not know if it is 2nd letter or not. I sent in my package without one. However, i did submit my DS-260 on april. Can any body reassure me if its a 2nd letter or not. dv 2.PNGdv 1.PNG

Just for info on bio. I Did a walk in for my bio today. My original appointment is scheduled at Burbank, IL ASC on 7/26. I decided to do a walk in at the Norridge, IL ASC today as it is closer to me and I would be out of state that day. Arrived around 3:10 PM (They close at 4pm). Place was empty besides the staff, I was the only customer there (Staff later told me that this is unusual and that it is usually pretty busy at this time). Went in, got told to wait outside. An employee came out to look at my docs and verify my Identity. I explained to them that I wanted to do a walk in as I would be out of state on that day. Staff went inside to check with their supervisor, and then let me in. Process was very quick, they filled out a form, stamped my appointment notice, took my fingerprints, photo and signature and then I was out the door. Took about 10 to 15 mins in total.
All the staff were very nice and friendly.

I and my husband got our bio appointment today. (NOA date 6/2/2021) But our son has not received yet. What may be the reason ?
1-Because he is 4 years old ?
2-Because his noa date different form us and this date 7/4/2021 (payment problem and resubmit)
What else can be the reason

Thank you

Hello everyone, i have attached a document that i received from KCC. I do not know if it is 2nd letter or not. I sent in my package without one. However, i did submit my DS-260 on april. Can any body reassure me if its a 2nd letter or not. View attachment 2781View attachment 2780
This is the email KCC send to selectees who have informed them that they wish to process AOS. I believe this counts as your 2nd letter.

I and my husband got our bio appointment today. (NOA date 6/2/2021) But our son has not received yet. What may be the reason ?
2-Because his noa date different form us and this date 7/4/2021 (payment problem and resubmit)

Thank you
Is your child listed on one or both notices?

Thank you
2. The NBC probably hadn’t processed his case as at when they sent out your bio notice since you had to resubmit his package.

Hi All,

I would never able to thanks enough to everyone contributed in this forum.

About me;
CN 2021AS17xxx
Current status : E2 (10 years of continues/multiple renewal, expires 09/30/2021)
Business/resides: San Jose, California
Party of 3, all resides in USA with E2 status, wife (DV winner), myself (E2 principal) and 15 year-old son :))

Long story short, decided not to renew E2; already secured an employment offer to sponsor H1B1; now temporary shelved H1B1 application while pursuing DV --> AOS

self assessment:
Risk 1: E2 out of status at the same time (if) AOS denial.
Risk 2: no guarantee H1B1 will get approved.
Risk 3: E2 renewal are potentially denial as business were badly affected due to pandemic.
Risk 4: < 4 months time for AOS, (its short time frame and worrisome)

AOS filing status:
4/26 submitted DS 260, picked AOS over CP
5/5 Priority mail delivered to DOS with DV fees money order, waiting for 2nd notice and fee receipts
next...
5/12 I-693 should be ready by
5/25 or sooner, aim to send in AOS package (VISA bulletin says June is current)

Questions:
1) What is the odds to get approval on E2 I-94 extension ? expires in a few months time 09/30/2021 which i doubted...
2) Am I eligible to file I-485 along with EAD named the new employer? the H1B1 employer as mentioned above. Bear in mind I am self employed with my current E2.
3) Are there any potential complications with H1B1 application if EAD denial with the same employer?
4) Contemplating to send in AOS package without DOS DV fees receipts, to save a few weeks time, recommendations please.

Thank You again!
T
Hi Everyone,

I like to keep everyone updated on my case, experiencing bittersweet !!

4/26 Submitted DS 260
5/25 AOS (without DV receipts) package arrived lockbox
6/30 NOA - Rejection Notice, No big deal! I-765 fee's check returned because fees paid for I-485 covered I-765
7/3 Acceptance Text received
7/5 NOA letter received, with all the six cases number 3 x I-485 & 3 x I-765

Now.... waiting to Biometrics NOA letter.

All the best to everyone.
Toca

Hi Everyone,

I like to keep everyone updated on my case, experiencing bittersweet !!

4/26 Submitted DS 260
5/25 AOS (without DV receipts) package arrived lockbox
6/30 NOA - Rejection Notice, No big deal! I-765 fee's check returned because fees paid for I-485 covered I-765
7/3 Acceptance Text received
7/5 NOA letter received, with all the six cases number 3 x I-485 & 3 x I-765

Now.... waiting to Biometrics NOA letter.

All the best to everyone.
Toca
Hi Toca, Thanks for the update. You might wanna enter these to the timeline as your post will get buried among other messages and won't be as useful for others.

Is your child listed on one or both notices?
We learned our bio dates through emma. We have not received any bio letters yet. We asked child's bio date and it said that there is no bio date for him. If we take him with us on our bio date , do they accept him ?

We learned our bio dates through emma. We have not received any bio letters yet. We asked child's bio date and it said that there is no bio date for him. If we take him with us on our bio date , do they accept him ?
I don't think they will because each applicant needs a letter with the case barcode, the biometrics code, and other information the technician needs at the appointment.

Hi, congrats to all people that received their acceptance texts on this week!

How do you think, would it be better to send the second package cause it seems that the first one has got lost somewhere in the office/got to a person who doesn’t understand the time importance for dv cases?

I can see that people now got their acceptance texts in 6, 8, 14-15 days. Seems my package landed to the same person that was accepted Applachian (who waited 40 days!!), MKH (34), bsmaidan (54)…
May I know which lockbox did you send it to and who was the person that received the package?

Hi Mom,

My wife and I received our biometrics letters last week. In the enclosed applicant’s information worksheet (AIW), there is one space for the applicant name and two additional spots for aliases/other names. However, in our I-485s both my wife and I have 4-5 aliases listed.

Should we just write down our two most commonly used aliases? Or should we include all of our I-485 aliases somehow?

Thanks again for your help! :)

Hi Mom,

My wife and I received our biometrics letters last week. In the enclosed applicant’s information worksheet (AIW), there is one space for the applicant name and two additional spots for aliases/other names. However, in our I-485s both my wife and I have 4-5 aliases listed.

Should we just write down our two most commonly used aliases? Or should we include all of our I-485 aliases somehow?

Thanks again for your help! :)
List them all, if possible.