• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Thanks. I never been in A,G or E status.
I have the originals of all of them except the I-134. I sent the original and did not have copy. Should I get another original copy from my sponsor?
thanks again.
You should have made a copy for yourself as a “just in case” which would have been okay for you to take along.

I just checked the timeline and from what I saw, 8 out of 16 applicants who became current in May have their interview scheduled. For those who became current in June, 10 people got their interview scheduled so far.
You don’t go by the number of people who applied the same month as you did, your relative comparison should be based on others interviewing in the same FO as you. Each FO operates independently, how soon they’re able to schedule an interview depends on their specific workload, number of IOs available, applicant’s background check clearance, etc. A quick glance at the timeline spreadsheet reveals another applicant from your FO got their IL about one month after completing their bio, you’ve only finished yours about a week ago. So be patient.

You don’t go by the number of people who applied the same month as you did, your relative comparison should be based on others interviewing in the same FO as you. Each FO operates independently, how soon they’re able to schedule an interview depends on their specific workload, number of IOs available, applicant’s background check clearance, etc. A quick glance at the timeline spreadsheet reveals another applicant from your FO got their IL about one month after completing their bio, you’ve only finished yours about a week ago. So be patient.
Thank you for the info. I will wait for a couple of weeks more. Hopefully I will get some good news soon!

Hi mom , just wanted to check with you - filing i824 and USCIS sending the file to consulate vs consulate requesting the file from USCIS is the same outcome right?

Hi Mom,

I got this Email about my expedite request, I am little confused. Does this mean the request is accepted or is not accepted yet and they will inform me about the expedite request decision?

On July 7, 2021, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your I-485 application to notify us that you were requesting an expedited review of your case. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Your case is now under expedited review. You should receive a decision or notice of further action on your I-485 application within 45 days from the date of this letter.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Hi Mom,

I got this Email about my expedite request, I am little confused. Does this mean the request is accepted or is not accepted yet and they will inform me about the expedite request decision?

On July 7, 2021, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your I-485 application to notify us that you were requesting an expedited review of your case. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Your case is now under expedited review. You should receive a decision or notice of further action on your I-485 application within 45 days from the date of this letter.

We hope this information is helpful to you.
Looks like they accepted the expedite - as the next communication will be about the case not about the expedite request - but as you can see from the 45 day timeline, it is “expedited” according to normal uscis procedures and not what DV applicants on this thread would consider expediting.

Hi Mom,

My wife and I received our biometrics letters last week. In the enclosed applicant’s information worksheet (AIW), there is one space for the applicant name and two additional spots for aliases/other names. However, in our I-485s both my wife and I have 4-5 aliases listed.

Should we just write down our two most commonly used aliases? Or should we include all of our I-485 aliases somehow?

Thanks again for your help! :)

Hi mom , just wanted to check with you - filing i824 and USCIS sending the file to consulate vs consulate requesting the file from USCIS is the same outcome right?
Eventual outcome regardless of the process = embassy gets the USCIS case file of the main applicant.

Looks like they accepted the expedite - as the next communication will be about the case not about the expedite request - but as you can see from the 45 day timeline, it is “expedited” according to normal uscis procedures and not what DV applicants on this thread would consider expediting.
Thank you so much. I believe this won't affect the normal process right. If it takes 45 days then that is almost the same as without expediting, based on the timeline on the spreadsheet.

Update on my phonecall to ucis
Just to recap: my biometrics has been waived but my children’s has not been waived they did code 2 I believe when they gave finger prints 4/5 years ago
I called them to ask about scheduling biometrics for them the tier 1 agent basically said that it will be up to the IO to see if my kids need biometrics and that the IO will then schedule them. The agent didn’t really see the situation as urgent enough to require a tier 2 agent it seems just because I am the primary applicant and I have no issues regarding bio metrics

Eventual outcome regardless of the process = embassy gets the USCIS case file of the main applicant.
My FTJ outcome so far :
My wife went to the interview on June 30 ..everything was fine however there was a confusion. The officer had though im comming with her but my wife was able to clarify shes a follow to join. They retained her passport for visa printing , however it has been 2 weeks now. The only update we have at this time is - "We unable to print the visa due to a technical issues and we are in contact with USCIS and KCC" - im assuming they cant print the visa due to my file not being there ? (pending i824)...They also confirmed they requested my file from USCIS.
Im trying to fig out what they mean technical issue - any thoughts?

Hey mom,
Do you think I should contact 2 tier agent since it s been 27 days I got my NOA? I did not get any appointement so far, do you think it s better to wait or try to contact them? My FO is in Salt lake. Thank you!